Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InviteVPS Warning - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InviteVPS Warning

Comments

• Well, this backfired quickly.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@actionx said: I send you justifications and you said its not good enough

The justification you provided was declined. It was "for websites". It should have been "for websites with SSL's". I asked you if it was for SSL's and never got a reply.

Your justification was: "For sites"

@Jack said: @dominicl it was for 4 IPs on a dedi... most servers come with a /29 without justification.

Well, Dacentec required it so I had to pass it on.

Acceptable justification could have been provided just saying it was for SSL's

• You said the only way is for ssl's client told me its for whm/cpanel dedicated ip's for separate domains/website you said not acceptable justification

@actionx said: You said the only way is for ssl's client told me its for whm/cpanel dedicated ip's for separate domains/website you said not acceptable justification

I said that you don't need a seperate IP address unless it's for SSL certificates. If you'd said why he needed seperate IP's I'd have processed the request.

@Zen said: You shouldn't have been reselling, perhaps.

Perhaps.

The provider had policy, which i passed on.

• So.....you lost $85 in a dispute and as a result went out of business??

@NateN34 said: So.....you lost $85 in a dispute and as a result went out of business??

Nope....this dispute happened after PremiumVM was sold.

• Why is everyone beating on Dominicl? He seems to be in the right here.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

@ShardHost said: Why is everyone beating on Dominicl? He seems to be in the right here.

Wondering the same.

InviteVPS Client bought dedi from InviteVPS > InviteVPS bought off Dominic > InviteVPS Client chargebacks InviteVPS > InviteVPS Chargebacks Dominic because client charged back? Not sure how thats legitimate business practice.

I also don't see why @domincl you just refunded actionx, if you counter claimed you would have easily won. Pretty poor business practice from @actionx

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@ShardHost said: He seems to be in the right here.

Sorry to be a jackass, but he fucked it up

EDIT: Oh, he wanted to get rid of his left over clients and decided to refund

@Patrick said: Wondering the same.

InviteVPS Client bought dedi from InviteVPS > InviteVPS bought off Dominic > InviteVPS Client chargebacks InviteVPS > InviteVPS Chargebacks Dominic because client charged back? Not sure how thats legitimate business practice.

This is correct, yes. He disputed against me because his client disputed against him. The whole dispute was against the IP's, which acceptable justification was not provided for.

@Patrick said: if you counter claimed you would have easily won

I may have won, yes. I've only had 1 previous dispute as far as I can remember which I lost.

@Patrick said: Pretty poor business practice from @actionx

+1.

The case will be closed when refund processes in a week.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dominicl said: Well, Dacentec required it so I had to pass it on.

I can vouch for this. Dacentec is tough on their IPs. I don't blame them, it's completely within their right. If you don't have a very good reason, you're not getting additional IPs from Dacentec. If @dominicl provided them without a very good reason, he wouldn't be able to request additional ones unless he lied about it, and lying to your IP provider isn't exactly doing good business.

So allow me to be the unpopular voice here and say... @dominicl clearly did the right thing.

• @jarland said: So allow me to be the unpopular voice here and say... @dominicl clearly did the right thing.

+1.

• Dont promote servers with additional IP's if you not gona give it

@jarland said: unless he lied about it

Exactly, i'm not going to lie for the sake of a client.

• @actionx said: Dont promote servers with additional IP's if you not gona give it

Is that all you got?

• @actionx said: Dont promote servers with additional IP's if you not gona give it

I believe every provider promotes server with additional IP as long as you can justify it. Don't have justification? IPV6 is free :)

@actionx said: Dont promote servers with additional IP's if you not gona give it

I promoted the server with additional IP's, but acceptable justification has to be provided first!!

edited February 2013

@actionx said: Dont promote servers with additional IP's if you not gona give it

They will give it, with proper justification. Just like every other provider out there. In fact, it's common practice to sell you IPs and not even provide all of them until a certain allotment is used. Incero does this. LiquidWeb does this. It's not at all uncommon, doesn't matter who likes it or doesn't like it. The fact of the matter is that we're approaching an IPv4 shortage and IP owners need to keep their ducks in a row.

I can also sympathize with how frustrating this is. It took me a while to learn how to play ball.

Exactly @jarland

If the client had provided acceptable justification not just "for separate sites" or similar, then it would have been fine.

SSL certificates would have been an acceptable form of justification. For separate websites unfortunately isn't.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2013

@Jack said: @Patrick I thought it was different for physical dedicated servers?

No because your not shipping a physical product? Your giving them access to a service for a period of time not indefinitely.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited February 2013

Don't order IPs and not supply a justification or else you're not going to get it.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I require justification for every single IP, even if my server provider is much less strict. Why? Because I want to make sure that no IPs are wasted or used inefficiently; they are short and I don't want to contribute to that shortage.

And I am also going to be in the minority here that I think @dominicl is in the right.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited February 2013

@shovenose for example, if someone used justification "OVZ VPSes" and wanted a /24 would you allow it?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@curtisg nope :) I would usually not give out anything over a /27 anyway. Unless they get a really big server the maybe a /26

edited February 2013

@curtisg said: @shovenose for example, if someone used justification "OVZ VPSes" and wanted a /24 would you allow it?

Nope!. If the server was an L5420 or similar, then a /24 would not be justifiable.

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited February 2013

@curtisg said: /24 would you allow it?

Why not? Get some sort of rules like if new client, 40-50% instant usage within a week or for old client with reputation or legitimate provider , we won't think twice.

@Jack said: If you request a /24 then say you will be getting 5 servers within the next 3 months why not allow it?

Possibly, if the cilent was to be getting more than 1 server.

• @Jack said: If you request a /24 then say you will be getting 5 servers within the next 3 months why not allow it?

So, lets say a company walks up, wants a e3-1230v2 with 32gb ram, but wants a /24 with justification for OVZ vps, would you allow it?

@curtisg said: So, lets say a company walks up, wants a e3-1230v2 with 32gb ram, but wants a /24 with justification for OVZ vps, would you allow it?

You realize he doesn't own a company anymore right?

Not this week anyway :P