Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InviteVPS Warning
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InviteVPS Warning

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Just wanted to give a warning on InviteVPS.com.

They purchased a Dedicated Server from PremiumVM when it was around. They had 2 in total (one for a VPS node, one for a client).

They requested 4 additional IP's with one of their servers. Acceptable justification was required. The justification was not provided in an acceptable form so the IP's were not provided.

Their client opened a dispute with them. They then opened a dispute with me saying the item wasn't delivered (meaning the IP's). They were in the wrong as couldn't provide acceptable justification for their clients server. They opened the dispute because their client had opened one with them.

PremiumVM was then sold.

I'm now $85 poorer.

Comments

• You sold PremiumVM for -$85? K.

• @dominicl said: PremiumVM was then sold.

Who would of seen that coming

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

Yes, that's the one :)

@murky said: You sold PremiumVM for -$85? K.

No...read the thread.

@CVPS_Kevin said: Who would of seen that coming

There's a thread about that.

• Win the chargeback if you haven't responded yet, it's an intangible item not covered by PayPal protection.

@Patrick said: Win the chargeback if you haven't responded yet, it's an intangible item not covered by PayPal protection.

I issued a refund and it's now being reviewed by PayPal

@Jack said: why?

I just wanted the case closed, and PayPal also closed completely.

• Reselling from a reseller, lol

Intel E3-1270 CPU

Bandwidth: 16TB
    RAM DDR2: 8GB
    SATA II HDD: 500GB
    Port Speed: 1GBps

lolol: DDR2 on E3, used a chainsaw for that? And sure that bandwidth isn't overcommited like f*ck, SATA ||, why does that matter? Oh nice 1GBps = 8Gbit/s, very nice

congrats, @dominicl you got ripped off by some reselling monkeys without any proper knowledge

@BronzeByte said: Reselling from a reseller, lol

That's not the server I sold.

• @dominicl said: They had 2 in total (one for a VPS node, one for a client)

They were reselling a dedi from you, which you were reselling too in turn.

• @dominicl said: I issued a refund

Why? You likely would have won, or at the least could have dragged it out 45 days without any effort at all to teach them a lesson.

@unused said: Why? You likely would have won

In my experience, I've previously lost when fraud disputes have come in. So that's why I issued a refund.

Then, invitevps wouldn't contact me again as they had their refund. Then I can close PayPal a lot quicker too.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@dominicl said: In my experience, I've previously lost when fraud disputes have come in. So that's why I issued a refund.

Keep logs of every single detail of every transaction, down to the most seemingly irrelevant (timestamps, IPs, tickets, etc). You'll almost never lose a PayPal dispute again unless it's actually justified.

@jarland said: You'll almost never lose a PayPal dispute again unless it's actually justified.

I probably will now I've issued the refund :(

• Hi this is clyde naude from invitevps.com we are no fraud dominic sold our asses off without any notice to hudsonvalleyhost.com. Anyway i have send all proof to paypal when the client opened a dispute against me so i asked paypal what to do so followed their guide lines. The client wanted the ip's and i said to dominic this guy gonna file a dispute. Because dominic gave me wrong price for windows so had to refund etc the client just got fed up!

@actionx said: Hi this is clyde naude from invitevps.com we are no fraud dominic sold our asses off without any notice to hudsonvalleyhost.com. Anyway i have send all proof to paypal when the client opened a dispute against me so i asked paypal what to do so followed their guide lines. The client wanted the ip's and i said to dominic this guy gonna file a dispute. Because dominic gave me wrong price for windows so had to refund etc the client just got fed up!

I agree, the wrong price for Windows was provided. We refunded you and you opted to pay the extra for the correct price. The windows license was provided within 24 hours and set up at no extra cost.

The client filed a dispute with you, however the service was delivered.

Acceptable justification for the IP's was not provided, therefore the IP's could not be provided. Should acceptable justification have been provided the first time the IP's would have been provided.

Anyway, a refund was issued

@actionx said: without any notice

Oh, and again not true.

• Banter

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2013

@actionx's story seems more believable, not sure why anyone would buy a dedicated server from dominic.

@Jacob said: @actionx's story seems more believable, not sure why anyone would buy a dedicated server from dominic.

I thought acceptable justification for IP's had to be provided? The datacenter required it. This whole dispute is because of the IP's not being provided. They weren't provided due to no justification being provided.

• @Jacob said: not sure why anyone would buy a dedicated server from dominic.

Because these are "premium" unlike the reseller he uses LOL

@BronzeByte said: Because these are "premium" unlike the reseller he uses LOL

/Offtopic

As I said, no justification was provided therefore IP's couldn't be provided. Same with most DC's

A refund has now been provided to Clyde anyway, and the case will be closed in 6 days time.

@Jack said: @dominicl where was the server and what provider did you resell?

It was a Dacentec server in Lenoir, NC.

They required acceptable justification. And the client did not provide acceptable justification whatsoever.

• @dominicl said: /Offtopic

This isn't WHT

At least I was reasonable by offering the client a refund even though he was in the wrong by not providing acceptable justification.

The reason for the dispute is because of the IP's not being provided. I contacted him multiple times asking for acceptable justification but it wasn't provided.

InviteVPS's client opened a dispute with him, so he opens one with me to (hopefully) get the money.

• I'm now $85 poorer.
    @murky said: You sold PremiumVM for -$85? K.

No...read the thread.

I'm confused.. Does that mean you paid HVH $85 to take it off your hands????

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited February 2013

@dominicl said: At least I was reasonable by offering the client a refund even though he was in the wrong by not providing acceptable justification.

You weren't being reasonable, you're just a bad businessman, and don't say you aren't, otherwise you won't be $85 poorer now...

You took a wrong decision and suffered from it financially

@DomainBop said: I'm confused.. Does that mean you paid HVH $85 to take it off your hands????

Nope. HVH took the clients on.

• I send you justifications and you said its not good enough

• @CVPS_Kevin said: Who would of seen that coming

Are you taking over being catty in Chris's absence?