Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSCrossing / ColocrossingVPS expands to Atlanta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSCrossing / ColocrossingVPS expands to Atlanta

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited February 2013 in General

Oh boy. What a morning way to wake up to offer on LEB.

See the Chicago (really Buffalo) guys are now offering services out of Atlanta. We all played the they are expanding game a few weeks back. Someone guessed Atlanta and now, yep, Atlanta.

Mighty quiet in these parts about the pants down giveaway offer.

Comments

• who? :S

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

That was hard to see coming

Oh wait

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I gotta hand it to the guys, they're quite generous. It's darn near charity ;)

• @pubcrawler said: Atlanta and now, yep, Atlanta.

It's quite good in Atlanta, I have a server there. I quite enjoy it.

• Atlanta:
    tracepath 198.23.229.130

13: 107.14.17.194 25.761ms
    14: xe-3-0-3.ar2.ord1.us.nlayer.net 31.814ms
    15: ae2-40g.cr2.ord1.us.nlayer.net 39.786ms
    16: xe-3-1-0.cr1.atl1.us.nlayer.net 43.541ms
    17: as36352.xe-4-0-1-107.cr1.atl1.us.nlayer.net 45.995ms asymm 20
    18: host.colocrossing.com 41.152ms asymm 21
    19: host.colocrossing.com 48.785ms reached

That's their testing IP. Clearly says: host.colocrossing.com

In Los Angles, the test IP resolves to:
    127.128.23.198.host.nwnx.net

In Chicago the test IP resolves to:
    110.137.217.206.host.nwnx.net

In Buffalo, the test IP resolves to:
    buf-test.chicagovps.net

Yeah, I know, haven't changed the reverse DNS, sure.

No clue why CVPS doesn't have their own ASN since they are this big separate company. I mean isn't it fully possible that something could happen with Colocrossing, forcing a migration by CVPS elsewhere. No IP control would mean massive issues.

Different, company, sure.

• Also it is worth mentioning that Atlanta ColoCrossing is only nlayer.

• Yeah? @TheHackBox, post the link proof of the single homed for everyone to see and verify.

• CVPS_LucCVPS_Luc Member
    edited February 2013

Hello,

I am sorry to disappoint you guys, but ColoCrossing does not own or run ChicagoVPS.

Thanks,

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]

edited February 2013

@Trouble_SR said: I am sorry to disappoint you guys, but ColoCrossing does not own or run ChicagoVPS.

What exactly do you do for ChicagoVPS? Seems you just asked for more drama by making that post, considering no one was talking about it. Interesting that such a thing would be so heavy on your mind at the moment that you'd post so out of place about it.

edited February 2013

Hello,

I am one of the main support tech. You can open a ticket if you would like some proof.

Thanks,

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]

• @jarland said: What exactly do you do for ChicagoVPS?

@Trouble_SR said: Luc Ayotte

ChicagoVPS Support Tech

• CiriumCirium Member
    edited February 2013

Name looks familiar.

@MiguelQ I was asking him, I know what his message says. Interesting that he pops out of no where to put the hammer down on an accusation that no one is talking about here.

@Voss said: Because they're trying to nip at the bud of growing conspiracy theories.

Are they? Where are they growing? From the traceroute shown above talking about nlayer? :)

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler said: Someone guessed Atlanta and now, yep, Atlanta.

Totally called it.

If anyone needs next week's lottery numbers, you know who to talk to.

• @jarland said: Are they? Where are they growing? From the traceroute shown above talking about nlayer? :)

Maybe the topic? Just a guess...

• Hello,

I am not trying to drop the hammer, I am just trying to keep it on track for all those that think they do. I mean no harm.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Trouble_SR said: I mean no harm.

"yet"

Watch out @jarland!

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited February 2013

I only stirred the pot @ihatetonyy. I thought they'd be doing Dallas first though. Though Dallas would probably have them getting smacked down more and market is full of bigger companies and established hosts.

Did they try buying an Atlanta provider and get rejected? Seems to be the modus operandi. Get rejected then poke at the company that said no and where possible enter the market with the Crazy Eddy style deals.

@Trouble_SR said: on track

On track was what it was before you said that, now it's going to devolve into what you were trying to avoid. Oh well. Welcome and let that be LET Lesson #1 to you ;)

• You know. I find it mega hard to believe the story that CVPS and CC are different companies. At best seems like paper incorporation difference/isolation and that's it. Same pieces, same parts.

Didn't Jermiah, Luc, etc. all show as employees of both CVPS and CC? That make ZERO sense. Unrelated companies don't employ the same people at the same time. Quit the gaming, gamers.

No ASN or IP range when you are a big company. Milking IP from your provider? Hardly. Can't really milk yourself.

For a bunch of people, and especially Chris, that are so technically astute, why couldn't CVPS even register their own domain. Really... Biloh registered it:

Domain: chicagovps.net - Whois History
    Cache Date: 2010-07-29
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Created: 2010-07-27
    Updated: 2010-07-27
    Expires: 2011-07-27
    Reverse Whois: Click on an email address we found in this whois record
    to see which other domains the registrant is associated with:
    [email protected]

Registrant:
    Velocity Servers
    8185 sheridan Drive
    Buffalo, New York 14221
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: CHICAGOVPS.NET
    Created on: 27-Jul-10
    Expires on: 27-Jul-11
    Last Updated on: 27-Jul-10

Administrative Contact:
    Biloh, Jon [email protected]
    Velocity Servers
    8185 sheridan Drive
    Buffalo, New York 14221
    United States
    (716) 949-3858 Fax --

Technical Contact:
    Biloh, Jon [email protected]
    Velocity Servers
    8185 sheridan Drive
    Buffalo, New York 14221
    United States
    (716) 949-3858 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.COLOCROSSING.COM
    NS2.COLOCROSSING.COM

• Is there really a need for two signatures..

edited February 2013

Hello,

@pubcrawler said: I only stirred the pot @ihatetonyy. I thought they'd be doing Dallas first though. Though Dallas would probably have them getting smacked down more and market is full of bigger companies and established hosts.

I am not worried, Dallas is a nice location and it would be good for the south. Something that is possible in the future.

edited February 2013

@Voss said: You know what would be a lucrative business right now? Selling tinfoil hats.

That or chapstick and mouthwash. Previous threads clearly indicated the levels of butt kissing are significantly higher than the rest.

• Why in the world is LEB funneling ads for CVPS? There has been a LEB offer three out of the past four months.

February 15, 2013
    December 26, 2012
    November 25, 2012

September 9, 2012
    June 27, 2012
    May 7, 2012
    February 29, 2012
    January 7, 2012

That's 7-8 offers in past year. Feeling a bit excessive ehh?

• Guys, is there really a need for this?

It is pretty obvious to everyone that CVPS and CC and the same/related companies, but does that make them inherently bad? As long as they both offer decent services noone ought to care

edited February 2013

@pubcrawler said: Why in the world is LEB funneling ads for CVPS? There has been a LEB offer three out of the past four months.

Can be added once every 30 days. No harm, no foul.

@gsrdgrdghd said: It is pretty obvious to everyone that CVPS and CC and the same/related companies, but does that make them inherently bad? As long as they both offer decent services noone ought to care

The only reason people care is because they've always been so forward about denying it. No one likes to be lied to. I'm not saying they're one and the same, but if people feel that they are and see how they talk, they will feel as though they were lied to. I find sufficient evidence to support the possibility that they are not one operation. Close knit, yes, but not necessarily the same. As both theories hold the same weight, benefit of the doubt goes in favor of Chris.

• LEB certainly needs to trim the offers from same companies and affiliated shell companies to no more than one per quarter.

CVPS and CC and the same/related companies, but does that make them inherently bad?

Add it all up. Provider (well colo build out company) CC baits the trap. Corner the market. Can't sell to everyone, but, resellers can. Drop the prices severely (rental and colo) instead of having low-no pay resellers. Let them brand and upspeak things.

Then compete the LEB market other contenders by pushing a crazy give away pricing company under another related, but not same company.

That's how you corner a big segment of the market. Genius.

Have we seen CVPS jump on providers doing competitive offers out of CC locations? I don't recall seeing such.

edited February 2013

@Jack said: 1 Month , 15 Minutes..

And that's why I try not to submit too often. Riding the line of rules is fine, the rules are there for a reason, I just respect what LEB has always been and I like diversity.

That said, last one was Dec 28, think I'll submit a new one later since the one before that was September.

On another note, crazy happy about the amount of dedicated offers lately.

• @pubcrawler said: That's how you corner a big segment of the market. Genius.

So what is my (as a consumer) disadvantage from all this?

This discussion has been closed.