Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlanta Power Issues - DelimiterVPS, Ramhost, and Others Down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Atlanta Power Issues - DelimiterVPS, Ramhost, and Others Down

Comments

• NealSNealS Member

@netomx said:
    Mine's back up. How many hours will the generator run before it gets dry?

So... From the look of things I guess about 55 minutes ??

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy netomx
  • zedzed Member

@NealS for the win.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited April 2016

The /22 i'm in looks like it's nullrouted? Meanwhile quickpacket ATL box at 287 days uptime and no downtime.

WSI and dacentec boxes also up no issues.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • KrisKris Member

linuxthefish said: The /22 i'm in looks like it's nullrouted?

Not null-routed, Probably router is down, so has disappeared from the tables.

Or you can get route-dampening issues, where the route is brought up and withdrawn so many times there's a penalty, which will mean it'll be an extra 5-10 minutes for some ISPs.

It did get hot in the north east today, so maybe some grid strain?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@linuxthefish said:
    Meanwhile quickpacket ATL box at 287 days uptime and no downtime.

They are elsewhere in Atlanta and was not affected by this event.

Alexander

• more delimiter downtime, wooo

• @globalRegisters said:
    ...and that is why you should perform periodic tests.
    If your generator and UPS/battery back up systems feels like your rolling the dice, it might be time to upgrade.

I doubt you've worked with large scale power delivery. You can test as much as you want, electronics can still react badly, unexpectedly.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rdesrdes Member
    edited April 2016

Everything down again. So this must be that "thoroughly well tested, refined" technology... :(

• RyanDRyanD Member
    edited April 2016

@rdes said:
    Everything down again. So this must be that "thoroughly well tested, refined" technology... :(

No further power events @56 Marietta or @34 Peachtree.

Must be something specific to 55 Marietta where Delimiter is located.

• In typical delimiter style as with all their outages. THEY DO NOT INFORM THEIR CUSTOMERS OF THE DOWNTIME OR REASONS!!! like wtf i know they think they run lowendtalk.com and some of their customers come from around here but honestly they have nfi when it comes to customer service, so so sh*t

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

AlexanderM said: They are elsewhere in Atlanta and was not affected by this event.

Yes, we are in Buckhead, which is about 7 miles away from 55/56 Marietta.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • dailydaily Member
    edited April 2016

Once again, LowEndTalk brings in LowEndIQ. @isograb being our example today.

You might (or might have not, I suppose) noticed the links in several posts. Because you seem incapable of reading through the thread, I'll help.

http://delimiterstatus.com/

If you need anymore help or information, I'm sure a support ticket that you can make via their Client Area would be a good way of getting it instead of complaining like a little child.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @isograb said:
    In typical delimiter style as with all their outages. THEY DO NOT INFORM THEIR CUSTOMERS OF THE DOWNTIME OR REASONS!!! like wtf i know they think they run lowendtalk.com and some of their customers come from around here but honestly they have nfi when it comes to customer service, so so sh*t

Take a deep breath and some aspirin to prevent a heart attack

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • rdesrdes Member
    edited April 2016

.. and up again.

@dailymc there's no updates on status page from an hour.

• Blazing Servers , here's your opening.

On a more serious note: BAD luck for Atlanta; Hope no one got hurt.

• @RyanD said:

They were still running on gen (at least at 56) when you posted. Telx is back on utility now, as are we.

@isograb said:
    In typical delimiter style as with all their outages. THEY DO NOT INFORM THEIR CUSTOMERS OF THE DOWNTIME OR REASONS!!!

Twitter is updated, DelimiterStatus.com is updated and tickets have been responded to.

@rdes said:
    .. and up again.

dailymc there's no updates on status page from an hour.

Another update posted, were waiting on final updates.

• 23:20 GMT+0 - Return to utility power. If you are still experiencing issues, please open a ticket.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Did Delimiter attempt one of those "no power" trials again. We all know what happens when they do that.

• @hawc said:
    Did Delimiter attempt one of those "no power" trials again. We all know what happens when they do that.

Took some work to coordinate it with Georgia Power and take down a good chunk of downtown Atlanta.

• @hawc said:

Maybe was an April fools ;)

• lazytlazyt Member

@mikeyur is the power stabilized yet? Really don't want it to switch again in the middle of repairing tables.

• @Microlinux said:
    I doubt you've worked with large scale power delivery. You can test as much as you want, electronics can still react badly, unexpectedly.

I'm sorry but there is quite a difference between "large scale power delivery" (ac electricity) and electronics.

Judging by your indiscriminate usage of these terms leads me to believe that you have no idea of what you are talking about.

• @lazyt said:
    mikeyur is the power stabilized yet? Really don't want it to switch again in the middle of repairing tables.

(Second) all clear from Georgia Power and we returned to utility, so while knocking on wood.. I'd say all clear.

• lazytlazyt Member

Thanks I think I'll let the forums wait a bit longer just in case.

• Live from the scene:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2016

Is this @MarkTurner in that tank, rolling over an injured competitor? ;)

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz said:
    Is that MarkTurner in that tank, rolling over a competitor? ;)

Yup! Col. MarkTurner on duty chief!

• AmitzAmitz Member

davidgestiondbi said: Yup! Col. MarkTurner on duty chief!

Taking no prisoners, as always... ;-)

• lazytlazyt Member

Can't place where that picture is from. Looks familiar but I can't place it.

• @lazyt said:
    Can't place where that picture is from. Looks familiar but I can't place it.

AMC logo, so I'm going to guess The Walking Dead.