Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlanta Power Issues - DelimiterVPS, Ramhost, and Others Down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Atlanta Power Issues - DelimiterVPS, Ramhost, and Others Down

Comments

• MunMun Member

Did someone say gifs???/

Wait... fuck my backup server is down again....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MunMun Member
    edited April 2016

@mikeyur we have a rolling outage incoming!!!

Soon the DC will over heat.

Half the gear powered by the generator will fry the UPS units due to the lack of cooling.

Dozens of servers will be fried crispy in the process.

NOOOOOEEEESSSS.

LET asks for more refugee sales.

Dacentec laughs again. ( guess what guys, they haven't had an outage since. )

Explanation in GIF form:

Thanked by 2kkrajk cassa
  • dailydaily Member

I'm so glad I blocked your useless unfunny bandwidth wasting GIFs a long time ago.

• My servers have been rebooted (not by me, no ticket) and are available again.

• 20:45 GMT+0 - If your server crashed during the cutover to generated power then please open an outage ticket and request a hard restart

http://delimiterstatus.com/

• MunMun Member

@dailymc said:
    I'm so glad I blocked your useless unfunny bandwidth wasting GIFs a long time ago.

Time to buy a new domain. delimterdownagain.com?

Way ahead of you, ticket already in.

• anton000anton000 Member
    edited April 2016

Server down. ILO says power is on, but server is unreachable. Might be a router?

Opened ticket no #226996

Edit: Seems to be up now :)

• rdesrdes Member

4 servers was down, but rebooted in few minutes after sending ticket.

• Mine is back

• We need a April's Fool Day/Transformer Explosion Promo for your LA & NYC locations, @mikeyur.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@dailymc said:

lol

Thanked by 1daily

mikeyur said: is down it has probably crashed.

Mine's back up. How many hours will the generator run before it gets dry?

• @netomx said:

More than 24 hrs of fuel onsite but have actioned the refuel contracts just in case.

The count from the power outage seems to include Cogent, CNN, Weather Channel and Comcast.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @netomx said:

According to Georgia Power power has been restored.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Georgia Power is back up, but we're staying on generator for a bit.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dailydaily Member

Since the cause of the outage seems to be out of Delimiter's hand, and rather an outside force affecting others, can the topic title be changed? The wording and ellipses gives a bad connotation. Want it to be fair, is all.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @dailymc said:
    Since the cause of the outage seems to be out of Delimiter's hand, and rather an outside force affecting others, can the topic title be changed? The wording and ellipses gives a bad connotation. Want it to be fair, is all.

I disagree.

The whole point of a generator and UPS systems is to avoid these issues.

On properly functioning systems this should not have happened.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @dailymc said:

"Transformer exploded..Delimiter is blamed for outage..boring drama inside"

Thanked by 2gestiondbi netomx
  • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited April 2016

globalRegisters said: The whole point of a generator and UPS systems is to avoid these issues.

At the risk of affirming the people who think Delimiter should go down every time @mikeyur or @MarkTurner look at a competitor's thread, this.

The point of backup systems is to kick in without delay whether mysterious Mr. YomuraMan runs down and starts unplugging things or whether a strike force from WSI/Dacentec roll up and cut power to the building with gardening shears.

Now, whether you should expect that level of smoothness for an LET dedi, that's a different discussion. But the real question is whether anyone's getting pop tarts this time around.

• dailydaily Member
    edited April 2016

Good points, actually. Okay then, we're good here.

• @globalRegisters said:
    On properly functioning systems this should not have happened.

Bad things can and do happen to the best designed power delivery systems. Anytime you flip power, you're rolling the dice. And here we're talking about commodity co-location.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited April 2016

@ihatetonyy said:

It wasn't a straight power down, it was on/off/on/off for 10 mins + spikes - which the UPS rode through. The systems that did go down seem to have had about a 0.2s cut, which is what's being investigated.

• @Microlinux said:

...and that is why you should perform periodic tests.

If your generator and UPS/battery back up systems feels like your rolling the dice, it might be time to upgrade.

• GuyPGuyP Member

Server just went down after about 55min of uptime....

• Virmach is down too.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited April 2016

mikeyur said: It wasn't a straight power down, it was on/off/on/off for 10 mins + spikes - which the UPS rode through.

Makes sense then (I guess? this isn't my area of expertise, I just pontificate like everyone else here), and probably gives insight into Quadra's problems too.

down again? :/

• dailydaily Member

@GuyP said:
    Server just went down after about 55min of uptime....

Just happened to me too. Whats going on?

• GuyPGuyP Member

@dailymc said:
    Just happened to me too. Whats going on?

Wish I knew. My ramhost VPS is up. Delimiter dedi and KVM not so much.

• GuyPGuyP Member

This is comical.

21:48 GMT+0 - End of incident, back to utility power

21:59 GMT+0 - Loss of utility power

Thanked by 2gestiondbi MrPsycho