Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low end ddos protected vps's? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low end ddos protected vps's?

13»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: Staminus provides the best coverage of any company out there but you pay for that privilege

They're certainly not LEB but not super-expensive...

1GB/10GB/1000GB for $19/month.

Compare to 1GB/48GB/400GB at Linode with no DDOS protection is $39/month.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@pubcrawler said: @KuJoe, will the Atlanta location be backhauled from Oregon or is your provider putting gear in Atlanta and network?

They are opening a new DC there.

• That's great news @KuJoe! Didn't realize that.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said: They're certainly not LEB but not super-expensive...

1GB/10GB/1000GB for $19/month.

The VM's are ~50k pps limit as well unless you buy the larger secureport plans.

Francisco

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said: ~50k pps limit

Come on, some ppl here do that without being under or sending DDoS.
    That is at most DoS protection from one attacker or so, who cant generate 50 k pps these days... I can do that from home with 100 $ second hand gear.
    Even Voxility tops at about 80k for 15 Eur, or at least their older gear, heard they upgraded.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Maounique said: Come on, some ppl here do that without being under or sending DDoS.

Who here does 50,000 pps of legit SYN on LEB's?

You keep going on about how you have people doing 700,000 pps of transit but I think you're mixing up your switch graphs which are polled every 5 minutes, not on the fly.

I've not done research into staminus in a very long time. The last time I used their services was when they only had a single gig pipe and 1Gbit+/sec attacks were a rare thing.

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@jbxl said: Can this be done on IPv6 as well by either BuyVM or SecureDragon?

I've confirmed that we will get IPv6 but it will not have DDOS Protection.