Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low end ddos protected vps's?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low end ddos protected vps's?

EpidriveEpidrive Member
edited February 2013 in General

Do that even exist? If so, any recommendations?
Saw buyvm's, just dont how much of a ddos attack can their vegas mitigate.

Comments

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited February 2013

they offer filtered IPS.

(edited, thanks joodle)

• @cloromorpho said: they offer fileted IPS.

Filtered*

• Last time I was in IRC, @Francisco said they could handle 15Gbps. A filtered IP with them is $3 extra, but well worth it.

• @Simple3x said: Saw buyvm's, just dont how much of a ddos attack can their vegas mitigate.

10gbps as far as I know.

SecureDragon (@KuJoe) also has DDoS protected VPSs @ DDoSProtect.us

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I will soon be posting some offers for US with DDoS protection. I might be able to hook you up with something in eh EU as well. Just send me a PM and we can discuss it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Simple3x said: Saw buyvm's, just dont how much of a ddos attack can their vegas mitigate.

Filtered IP's are still pushed through awknet. They can tank quite a bit with us improving our SYN filtering every week. Our latest round of updates will hopefully bring in a synproxy of sorts. It's still in testing but it's looking good so far.

Francisco

• Only companies I know of from the top of my head is BuyVM and SecureDragon, both are pretty solid in my opinion. (Have random VPSes with both)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@ElliotJ said: SecureDragon (@KuJoe) also has DDoS protected VPSs @ DDoSProtect.us

We can only guarantee 1Gbps (about 1.5Mpps), but some people on here have gone through attacks over 3Gbps without going offline (even tanked a 10Gbps SYN flood for an hour before nullrouting the IP).

• @Francisco @KuJoe

Roughly speaking, how many Gbps of SYN can you handle? How many Gbps of UDP can you handle?

@black said: Roughly speaking, how many Gbps of SYN can you handle? How many Gbps of UDP can you handle?

UDP is good to 10gbit/sec.

SYN is 1M pps for now until Justin gets back to me to upgrade the port. I handle SYN on my own since awk's SYN filtering is pretty meh.

Francisco

• @francisco

IS there a limit on how many IP's per box?

I'm looking to have a few filtered IP's and tunnelled onto some of my network.

@OSACOM said: @francisco

IS there a limit on how many IP's per box?

I'm looking to have a few filtered IP's and tunnelled onto some of my network.

The limit is your wallet. :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said: The limit is your wallet. :)

And how big your saving vault is.

edited February 2013

edited February 2013

@black said: Roughly speaking, how many Gbps of SYN can you handle? How many Gbps of UDP can you handle?

We had a 10Gbps SYN attack against a shared hosting client and their website stayed online until the IP was nullrouted. I don't know what that translates to for PPS but we guarantee protection up to 1.5Mpps. As for UDP, we subscribe to 1Gbps of protection but as I said, it's really up to the data center how big of an attack they want to tank before nullrouting (the datacenter has 100Gbps of filtering capacity so it's not uncommon for them to handle 3-4Gbps for us).

@Voss said: Which datacentre are you referring to @KuJoe

@Jack said: @Voss CNServers I believe.

Jack is correct.

• @OSACOM said: IS there a limit on how many IP's per box?

I wish it was more. Now I stock up on 128MB plans...

Ald enforces that on filtered ip's too? Hrm, wasn't aware.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Ald enforces that on filtered ip's too? Hrm, wasn't aware.

Francisco

I hear 209.141.38.0/24 started getting filtered too. ;)

@mnpeep said: I hear 209.141.38.0/24 started getting filtered too. ;)

Yep.

When it gets filled I'll add another sub :)

Francisco

• Wonder, has anyone considered load balancing between two DDOS filtered IPs to provide extra redundancy (meaning multiple providers).

Can this be done on IPv6 as well by either BuyVM or SecureDragon?

@Francisco @KuJoe ?

@jbxl said: Can this be done on IPv6 as well by either BuyVM or SecureDragon?

There hasn't been a lot of demand for filtered V6 but I can get it done easily enough. I'll include 16 filtered V6's for users with a filtered V4.

Francisco

• @Francisco Thanks. Making every effort to go dual stack as much as possible. Not really a demand as much as a desire for a complete solution.

I will see if we can get some IPv6. No guarantees though.

• @KuJoe understood. Of course if I never asked it would not happen.

• @KuJoe have a test IP for cnservers?

• Pretty high latency to that IP @Zen. Lowest I get is 34ms from Vegas. Most times are 60ms and above.

Definitely need other DDoS provider services like this, say in the middle of the country and the east coast.

• @pubcrawler 26ms from Hostigation lax

• From Chi-town

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 199.83.49.2, timeout is 2 seconds:

!!!!

Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 60/67/80 ms