Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iran based clients... Legal in the United States? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iran based clients... Legal in the United States?

124»

Comments

• Big grey area with VPS providers, but one I'll throw out that makes it a solid case.

You cant export SSL encryption to Iran, and a VPS can have OpenSSL loaded on it, despite export restriction controls which are pretty stupid when it comes to this since it's so easy to get around.

Course how does one stop someone from Iran from just using a different IP and address when signing up. Likely everyone has customers from Iran and just are unaware of it. Only option is really blocking all of Iran's ip's.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I often worry about that. It's difficult in this market to know who you're dealing with, and we all mostly appreciate the desire for a little bit of privacy.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@jarland said: I often worry about that. It's difficult in this market to know who you're dealing with, and we all mostly appreciate the desire for a little bit of privacy.

It all depends on what police wants. There is always something to nail you down with terrorism charges. This is like in the dictatorships where they throw out treason and spy cases while in china and russia they charge you with tax evasion.
    The law is unclear enough to be interpreted in all ways, depending what deal you strike with "The People" in power.
    Of course, if your friends will hear you were conspiring with the enemy to offer eomic bombs to the terrorists, 1 in 100 will say that is not true, the others will say gee, he/she managed to fool me...
    This is how the police state is built, this is how citizens will start "self-defense" snitching on their neighbour that they have drapes at windows, therefore must be hiding some terrorists there and nobody sees the absurd of this situation, after all, only criminals have something to hide, why are they afraid to be caught and why would the law have loopholes to be exploited by them in the name of privacy ?
    If it is in the name of freedom and democracy, preserving the american way of life against all these threats, everything goes, Iranians didnt like spying, they are guilty, Israel already has the bomb, so we dont need to go there to look for it (actually we give them billions every year to make more while our citizens die in the streets, at times even veterans that fought for them to preserve their way of breaking half of the international law and human rights), while Iran doesnt admit it, therefore we must put sanctions and change the regime.
    If you spy enough on some undesirable, there can be "clues" and if not that, at least some cheating on a spouse, some marijuana or LSD in the college years, maybe even a gay friend...
    Step down or we give it to our press, if we do, you will have to step down anyway.

• KrisKris Member
    edited February 2013

What would a thread be like without a drawn out reply from Maounique that has little or no relevance to the issue, with some Zionist xenophobic zest thrown in for good measure?

Police -> Zionists -> LSD and Marijuana -> Gays.

I couldn't read it all, since it's hard to follow such little lack of logic.

Thread Derail Score 9.5/10

@Kris said: Thread Derail Score 9.5/10

I will give you a 10/10, you win. You managed to avoid the subject entirely.

• KrisKris Member
    edited February 2013

@Maounique said: I will give you a 10/10, you win. You managed to avoid the subject entirely.

It's called ignoring the troll.

Scumbag Maounique: Posts in thread, tries to derail the topic, says you have when you didn't respond to his probably drunken xenophobic rants.

Christ you are bad for Prometeus. Back to the basement.

Call Uncle if you want to talk about Israel having the bomb and LSD and America.

edited February 2013

@Kris said: It's called ignoring the troll.

Scumbag Maounique: Posts in thread, tries to derail the topic, says you have when you didn't respond to his probably drunken xenophobic rants.
    Christ you are bad for Prometeus. Back to the basement.
    Call Uncle if you want to talk about Israel having the bomb and LSD and America.

You still get a 10/10 at derailing, and a 9 out of ten at personal attacks. You lose this one, jarland did a better job.
    And speaking of xenophoby, who closes borders, tries to use any rule they can make up to screen out non-whites, "aliens", arabs, especially.
    After all, racial profiling is alive and well, it just changes names to keep the "enemy" off-balance.
    Well, you did get me with that, I am really xenophobe in a country where ppl went to the streets against the president to force him to reinstate a doctor called Arafat.

• so, i cant order http://irandatacenter.ir/cart.php a iran vps?

if im from USA.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@dedicados said: so, i cant order http://irandatacenter.ir/cart.php a iran vps?

Well they have softlayer in their footer area. If the money goes to Iran or the business is operated out of Iran, then no you cannot. That domain definitely resides in Iran. I see my route going through Russia to get there.

The US has long made it's position clear that it supports the communication from Iranian citizens to the outside world. However, sanctions are to stop the flow of goods/services and money to the country, and that means dealing with Iranian citizens and not just the government. I expect this to clear up in the next 4 years, but I would avoid doing business with websites like this unless you were making a political protest and believed that the consequences were worth it.

Again, given the nature of this thread, I would like to point out that I am not speaking about matters of opinion, preference, or political leaning.

Cool prices...
    I suppose even that wont last long since I heard Iran plans to cut out the internet.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/9563107/Iran-cuts-off-Google-search-and-Gmail.html