Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iran based clients... Legal in the United States? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Iran based clients... Legal in the United States?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

@DomainBop said: I graduated from college at the tailend of Reagan's 1st term

Hehe, I am young, then :) Just turned 38 yesterday :)
    I am pretty sure they all know those things, nobody is that stupid to listen only to Fox and other propaganda channels, they just pretend they dont know, most ppl here know to read and write English. It is all out in the open, but as my friend jarland here, some ppl make up some stories then start to believe them :)

• @DomainBop said: and older people too...I graduated from college at the tailend of Reagan's 1st term :P

Wow we got some oldies on LET.. :P Haha

• Hey now watch it or the gray haired mafia will rise up :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@DomainBop said: The US signed the treaty and in September it announced it will be spending $352 billion over the next decade upgrading/updating its nuclear weapons stockpiles which is in violation of the NNPT which calls for the disarmament and dismantling of existing nuclear weapons. Using your logic the US is violation of the terms of the treaty and sanctions should be placed on it.

No security council resolution...whereas there are resolutions imposing sanctions on EU.

Regardless, the whole logic here is flawed. You are speaking as if the US was unilaterally imposing sanctions. It is not. You can't do business with Iran from EU countries either. You can't do business with Iran if you live in Japan. Where is the fist-pumping-in-the-air about Liechtenstein?

@DomainBop said: If your only news source is the US corporate owned media, and Nutjobyahoo then it did.

Pffft...Fox news and Netanyahu are way too left-wing for me.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@raindog308 said: You can't do business with Iran from EU countries either.

Strange, I can find in every grocery store tarragon from Iran. This one http://www.austria-onlineshop.com/kotanyi-tarragon_2_0_0_1935.html?bild_id=2990 to be exact. You will find it in stores in Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Hungary...

• @Spirit said: Strange, I can find in every grocery store tarragon from Iran. This one http://www.austria-onlineshop.com/kotanyi-tarragon_2_0_0_1935.html?bild_id=2990

Do you think everyone obeys the law/sanctions?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@KernelSanders said: Do you think everyone obeys the law/sanctions?

Huh? What laws? What sanctions? Care to explain? What do you know about EU laws at all? EU reduced dealings with Iran only on few areas (oil, energy sector and limited dealings with cental Iran bank)

• @Spirit said: Huh? What laws? What sanctions? Care to explain? What do you know about EU laws at all? EU reduced dealings with Iran only on few areas (oil, energy sector and limited dealings with cental Iran bank)

Oh whoops, thought that said Australia lol

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

Naah, Kotanyi is big Austrian company which import herbs and spices from whole world and export them across EU. Terragon is one of such products I remember from Iran and can be found also in stores of "neighbour" EU countries. Dealings between EU and Iran are restricted in some areas but not generaly prohibited.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

"You can't do business with Iran from EU countries either

The EU sanctions/embargoes cover oil, financial services, energy sectors and technologies, and the provision of insurance and reinsurance by insurers in EU countries to Iran and Iranian-owned companies

The UN sanctions against Iran cover arms, nuclear related materials, banking and financial services, and the assets of any Iranian person/company involved in those three industries

Tarragon is still OK in the EU.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Spirit said: Strange, I can find in every grocery store tarragon

When are inviting us all over for beef stroganoff, then?

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/beef_stroganoff/print/

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2013

@raindog308 said: When are inviting us all over for beef stroganoff, then?

With tarragon from Iran? Would you take a risk to end up in Guantanamo? :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Gitmo isn't so bad. I hear instead of waterboarding they now make you watch c-span.

• C-span. Now that's torture. Good one @jarland

• Iranian peering AS61406?

http://bgp.he.net/AS61406

Click: Prefixes v4 ---> http://bgp.he.net/AS61406#_prefixes

[read all about it: http://pastebin.com/VGyQVyWe]

• No, they are US based, just have a LIR in Iran for the IPs:

person: Abolfazl Hayati
    address: 435 Reflections Cir Apt 11 San Ramon Ca 94583
    phone: +19038904393
    nic-hdl: AH8153-RIPE

So it's legal.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

elrooted said "Iranian peering AS61406?

http://bgp.he.net/AS61406
    Click: Prefixes v4 ---> http://bgp.he.net/AS61406#_prefixes

If the US government had a problem with that peering then they would be having a shit fit over the University of Southern California's multiple Iranian peerings, including a peering with an Iranian scientific research institute :)
    bgp.he.net/AS4#_peers

AS61406 is probably safe since several other US companies and institutions have Iranian peerings. ( for example, Peer1 has 2 Iranian peerings: bgp.he.net/AS13768#_peers)

• Peer1 = Canada. Forget which monopoly telco in CAN bought Peer1 as of last week.

USC -- where's the ASN info showing that peering? Education probably given exception to the law though. But someone will confirm with proof I suspect. @DomainBop, have it?

• Look at this dandy:
    http://bgp.he.net/AS15351

VegasNap and CC peered..

This one is no doubt Iranian operating from 2 level deep US incorporations. Just match the email addresses:

pardaad.ir -- VISPERAD NETWORKS, LLC - Fiberhub + CC ASN15351

Domain Name: visperad.com
    Registrar: Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2013-05-08 16:44:51
    Creation Date: 2010-05-08 16:44:51

Name Servers:
    ns1psw.name.com
    ns2nsw.name.com
    ns3jkl.name.com
    ns4cjp.name.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
    Visperad Networks, LLC
    Ali Hajyani
    7251 West Lake Mead Boulevard
    Suite 300
    Las Vegas
    NV
    US
    Phone: +1.7024879861
    Email Address: [email protected]

IP Range at Fiberhub allocated to Visperad.com:

NetRange: 204.77.0.0 - 204.77.15.255
    CIDR: 204.77.0.0/20
    OriginAS: AS53340

http://bgp.he.net/ip/204.77.11.106#_whois
    network:Org-Name:Visperad Networks, LLC
    network:Street-Address:1110 Palms Airport Dr, Suite 110
    network:City:Las Vegas
    network:State:NV
    network:Postal-Code:89119
    network:Country-Code:US
    network:Tech-Contact:MAINT-254.204.77.11.0/24
    network:Created:20121110030558000
    network:Updated:20121110030558000
    network:Updated-By:[email protected]

inetnum: 176.9.160.64 - 176.9.160.95
    netname: ALI-HAJYANI
    descr: Ali Hajyani
    admin-c: AH6602-RIPE
    tech-c: AH6602-RIPE
    mnt-by: HOS-GUN
    source: RIPE # Filtered

person: Ali Hajyani
    address: Shahid Mahini ST,
    address: 7516844468 BUSHEHR
    address: IRAN, ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF
    phone: +987714555009
    e-mail: [email protected]
    nic-hdl: AH6602-RIPE
    mnt-by: HOS-GUN
    source: RIPE # Filtered

• KrisKris Member
    edited February 2013

I spotted this last week after they were pissing with the routing.

AS61406 announced since October 2012 with CC Buffalo, wonder how they've been hiding it until now?

First crappy bandwidth (Colorado -> California -> Buffalo) now it seems CC = in major trade sanction violations.

Doesn't matter what the BS net info says, they're exporting bandwidth especially for Iranian sites on Iran IP space.

So yeah, been hosting an Iranian ASN, that according to BGP.HE does more bandwidth on 2 prefixes in Buffalo than all of BuyVM Buffalo together.

• From that pastebin file, whole bunch of sites on Buffalo CC network under control of Iran people. Some are even .ir domains, clear no-no.

jahanesanat.ir 185.2.12.13
    mail.9movie.ir
    9movie.ir
    ofoghnews.ir
    dibisolutions.info
    bazykon.com
    froodgolf.com
    iihsep.com
    iihsep.ir
    golestanmet.ir
    ferdowsifinance.ir
    irpoultry.net
    rahpuyan-car.com
    rahbord.info
    rahpuyan-kar.com
    tamebartar.com
    golbto.com
    usaip.eu
    arpj.net
    GoLbTo.com
    MirBehBahAni.com
    vorkan.ir
    bema.biz
    aaico.net
    e-pnu.com
    aatbiz.com
    www.Behfarm.com
    avdco.net
    porosha.com
    iranoilseeds.com
    Talashgroupco.com
    Tobnoxel.com
    ganrrc.org.ir
    gup.ir
    emexinvestment.com
    bushoo.com
    thunderlights.com
    110fk.ir
    piau.ir
    www.jigili.ir
    Mahdion.com
    navayoga.com
    lirezaee.com
    IranTax.ir
    iranianhoster.com
    dl-hamrah.ir

• KrisKris Member
    edited February 2013
  • I think my favorite of the hosted sites on CC Buffalo under Iran person control is 7servers.net. They even have a nice map of some bandwidth provider in the Great Lakes region to show their customers in Iran where their data will be floating around.

http://7servers.net/

Administrator:
    name: SPS Developing Group
    mail: [email protected] tel: +98.1712325140
    fax: +98.1712325140
    org: Poshtibanan Pardazesh Aseman Inc.

address: No. 9, 6th Floor, Morvarid Tower, Valiasr St.,
     city: Gorgan
     province: Golestan
     postcode: 4916619394

Technical Contactor:
    name: SPS Developing Group
    mail: [email protected] tel: +98.1712325140
    fax: +98.1712325140
    org: Poshtibanan Pardazesh Aseman Inc.

address: No. 9, 6th Floor, Morvarid Tower, Valiasr St.,
     city: Gorgan
     province: Golestan
     postcode: 4916619394

nslookup 7servers.net
    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: 7servers.net
    Address: 185.2.12.51

tracepath 7servers.net
    17: buf-b1-link.telia.net 37.995ms
    18: giglinx-ic-155660-buf-b1.c.telia.net 77.696ms
    19: host.colocrossing.com 43.791ms asymm 18

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2013

@elrooted said: Some are even .ir domains, clear no-no.

You can host IR Domains fine in the US, i own over 100 of them and use them throughout the world.

Your Iranian point is moot anyway, as you posted yourself:

@elrooted said: Visperad Networks, LLC

Means it is an US company, that the owner is from Iran (or lived there) does NOT matter for US/UN sanctions.

It is also NOT illegal to peer with Iranian companies at peering exchanges (AMSIX and DECIX most notably).

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited February 2013

Poor little Iran, a completely innocent little country being bullied around by the big bad US. A behind-the-scenes conspiracy no doubt. Clearly they want peace and we just sanction them for shits and giggles. Everybody, stop picking on Iran and sell them whatever they want -- they're just making nuclear blenders, and quite frankly, I want my margarita like yesterday.

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited February 2013

@raindog308 said: There are some countries that still trade with Iran

Germany still trades with Iran. Esxemptions are made for weapons, investments (and gold, diamonds) and dual use goods. The European-Iranian Commercial Bank is located in Hamburg, Germany and transactions can be done with them. Under the EU regulation, the bank's assets have been frozen. However, they are available subject to approval by the Financial Sanctions Service Centre of Deutsche Bundesbank (Servicezentrum Finanzsanktionen der Deutschen Bundesbank) in Munich, Germany.

edited February 2013

I'm pretty sure hosting websites in the US for providing paid services to people in Iran, from servers in the US, is sufficient violation of the current state of US sanctions against Iran.

Hosting an Iranian website may be fine, but hosting an Iranian web host may not.

Opinions are irrelevant, as opinions do not open the doors to your jail cell. This looks serious to me.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Very interesting, is any other contries on restricted list? Or just Iran.

I do not believe the US holds other sanctions quite as severe for anyone else but North Korea. Cuba may be about the same but enforcement is often a bit more relaxed as they're not considered military threats right now.

• edited February 2013

@WebProject said: Very interesting, is any other contries on restricted list? Or just Iran.

Colombia, no drug-related exports, since 1972 (see Colombia-United States relations)

Côte d'Ivoire/Ivory Coast, since 1986 (see Côte d'Ivoire–United States relations)

Cuba, since 1962 (see United States embargo against Cuba)

Democratic Republic of the Congo, since 1998 (see Democratic Republic of the Congo–United States relations)

Iran, since 1979 (see Sanctions against Iran)

Libya, since 2011 (now applied only against parties closely associated with the former Gaddafi regime;[3] see Libya-United States relations)

Republic of the Congo (see Republic of the Congo-United States relations)

Somalia, since 1990 (supplies arms to the Transitional Federal Government, but no general trade. See Somalia-United States relations)

Myanmar, since 1997 (see Burma–United States relations)

North Korea, since 1950 (see North Korea–United States relations)

Sudan, since 2002 (see Sudan–United States relations)

Syria, since 1986 (see Syria–United States relations)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_embargoes#Targeted_parties