Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEBRadio needs Donations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEBRadio needs Donations

Comments

• Interview @Drmike That would be cool :p

• I agree, forget the music, too much trouble - The talk show might be the best idea ever.

• @Taylor said: Interview @Drmike That would be cool :p

I always imagine DrMike like captain slow from Top Gear.

• +1 @Drmike interview

• @Aldryic said: Ahahaha, I about inhaled half my scotch when I read that :P

Careful there, don't waste good scotch ;)

If such a thing came to pass, would you do a LEBRadio interview?

• Would anyone be interested in getting this talkshow up off the ground? I would love to get something like this going. It's something that not many people do, and would be the first for hosting as well. We just need some talkshow hosts and some interviewees to get us started. I can see big things for it, IE a possible HostingCon booth and whatnot! :P

• Sure, I'd be good for that.

• Talkshow would be awesome, someone knows some software for that?
    Ofcourse no one can come here at my house...

• Aldryic: You have Skype or something along the lines that we can chat on?

• xprotoceptxprotocept Member
    edited December 2011

Don't be dirty :D

• @davvaz said: Would anyone be interested in getting this talkshow up off the ground? I would love to get something like this going

Just do it. The technology is cheap or free. What it takes is time and commitment -- if you have that then you're 75% of the way there. You have your first interviewee lined up... I'm waiting for a listen link ;)

• @sleddog said: Just do it. The technology is cheap or free. What it takes is time and commitment -- if you have that then you're 75% of the way there. You have your first interviewee lined up... I'm waiting for a listen link ;)

I know, but I'd rather have two hosts and whatnot for the actual show. When I used to have a music station, the more DJs the better. Interactive hosts would be much better rather than a single one in my opinion.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2011

How about a system where you can tweet the song you want to play.

@davvaz said: Aldryic: You have Skype or something along the lines that we can chat on?

It's not that hard to search Skype ya know. I found Aldryic's Skype in ~30 sec's of launching Skype.

• Aye, I have Skype. Out of the house right now though, I'll be home this evening.

• @xprotocept said: We need that MP3 licence to Broadcast in MP3 and get a flash player on our website instead of only Windows Media player, so also Mac and Linux users can listen to the radio

Run icecast. Stop wasting everyone's time.

• @justingb we already got an MP3 licence...

• Then run icecast, it can output in mp3?

• Why should we run icecast now we have got an mp3 licence...

• can't afford 5$ and obviously not getting what others are recommending? Sorry, sir, but I think you're the wrong guy for this.

I just said what others were thinking, don't shoot the messenger! :)

edited December 2011

@mina Mate, it's been paid for already. You're a bit late. :P

• Gonna take on the idea of being a talkshow host as well. Maybe while we're at it, I could sing a few songs ;P

• It would be great if there was some kind of chat show that involved let users that want to take part. For example, some kind of system where people can call in via skype and talk on through the radio.

I know that radio is a rather grey area but I think if most of the content is original and focused to the interests of the people on these types of forums then people will regulary listen.

As sleddog said, most people here won't want to tune in to listen to music because people have their own music that they'd much rather listen to. But I know that I would want to tune in to a station that hosts chat based on servers and development etc because there's not much out there at the moment that caters for people like us. Having said that, you'll still need music to fill the broadcasting gaps.

Good luck guys, I really want to see this work!

• Let's get this started! I was thinking the same cactus thing to interact with Skype and possibly get something fun, interactive and informative at the same time. Feel free to PM me if. You are interested and we can talk more about it.

• I thought @LowEndAdmin asked us to stop all of these new threads about the radio channel.

It would be worthless to interview me. Too many NDAs I'm under.

• You're overrating your position. Our names didn't come up because of who we work for, but more likely our eccentric personalities.

Loosen up, have some fun with them.

• No just saying any interview would be worthless because many things I can't talk about.

• @drmike said: No just saying any interview would be worthless because many things I can't talk about.

You happen to be an expert in the field and give answers to questions that have nothing to do with your company. For instance if I asked you what you thought the future of hosting in the LEB might consist of you can answer that without giving away anything covered by the NDA.

• kalamkalam Member
    edited December 2011

He actually has a NDA on that as well.

• @kalam said: He actually has a NDA on that as well.

If he has an NDA on opinions then the whom ever owns the NDA owns the world. He is not the only one who has some NDA's on them around here and I know for a fact they can't and don't cover opinions.