Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Commercialmedia woes. - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Commercialmedia woes.

12346»

Comments

• I'll admit I'm still a little iffy until they offer an explanation, but I can't figure anything else out. The traceroutes are literally identical hop for hop from everywhere I tested until it hits the server. They sent out a notice that the maintenance was over at 01:23, so maintenance lasted nearly 3 and half hours total. I could have just been the first one setup. They maybe only moved some of their servers, or only the ones from this offer. The timing of everything just seems too odd.

• @DRobins13 said: so maintenance lasted nearly 3 and half hours total. I could have just been the first one setup. They maybe only moved some of their servers, or only the ones from this offer

Well @ 3 1/2 hours I'm sure it's possible, just wondering as to why? what issues are they having that they need to move servers..

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited February 2013

"what would be the benefit of moving"

They own the DC in Baltimore. They rent space in the DC in Ashburn...

• @DomainBop said: They rent space in the DC in Ashburn

Ah ok, that would make sense..

• "I wasn't too sure about them moving my server from Ashburn to Baltimore, but after looking at the traceroutes I'm almost positive that's the case. "

You're probably right. Someone on LET who finally received their server this morning said it was located in their Baltimore DC not Ashburn

i noticed that the server is in their own DC not in equnix as it was mentioned above…

and only one ip assigned not 5 ip [usable].
    http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/commercialmedia-35-00month-16gb-ram-intel-dual-xeon-l5420-in-ashburn-virginia/#comment-98247