Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Commercialmedia woes. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Commercialmedia woes.

Comments

• Still waiting for @Spencer horror story about the data center. Cough it up.

• Yeees, I am dying to hear this story as well :)

• So how many folks are still waiting for Commercial Media to:

1. Give then their server
    2. Give them the other 8GB of RAM they were shorted?
  • The sad thing is, like others have said there was a great deal of warning about this company. The biggest problem is they are not able to keep their word on what they promise.

Even after I got promised a refund and it never coming, me reminding them for a long time with no reply... I finally had to do a paypal dispute. Lets just say I won the dispute and the funny thing is they never even replied to paypal when asked for their side.

I would be surprised if anyone ever sees the extra 8 gigs because they knew what they were selling before it started, I mean how can you NOT know the servers you are deploying are missing the promised parts and then continue to restock after you find out and cannot even provide to those existing orders.

If you look around at other companies basically with the same server for rent with the same specs, they all have 8 gigs which shows you this is just how it came from where they bought them.

You can have good people running a company but if those good people continue to make promises that are never met - is it still blamable on nescience?

• Ouch +1 @Holoshed. Ouch ouch ouch.

I'd never expect a real provider not to try to deliver and especially not to ignore the PayPal matter. They'll be headed to PayPal holds your funds land in no time.

• To be fair I saw on LEB that customers will not be charged untill they receive their full 16gb of ram.. not sure if that applies to everyone or just a select few who made a rukus..

• I hope @earl that is true. If so then no real harm.

Did read here about the fellow who paid for an entire year and assuming that money was deducted and PayPal dispute is forthcoming.

So has been mixed experiences.

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@pubcrawler yeah that was the OP.. he said he would keep us updated but not a word since so hard to say whether he did receive his server or not.. either way I think he got a raw deal considering he prepaid for a year and only got at free drive and a month of service free but I guess the price was already cheap enough

• @earl said: To be fair I saw on LEB that customers will not be charged untill they receive their full 16gb of ram

You know what, I am still waiting for the posts in about a month where they were still invoiced for the coming month and even shut off for non payment if CM ignores them and they don't pay.

• I can totally see that happening @Holoshed.

• I'm surprised anyone from CM hasn't chimed in....

• Seems like CM is too busy doing whatever the do normally between promos. Strange company since they are "seasoned".

Still waiting for the colo tour horror story @Spencer.

• @Holoshed said: You know what, I am still waiting for the posts in about a month where they were still invoiced for the coming month

Yeah it's looking that way.. it does not look like they could commit to the delivery time even with the added extension they asked for..

@Damian said: I'm surprised anyone from CM hasn't chimed in....

This is the most surprising considering how much business LEB/LET is throwing their way. You think they could give an honest update of whats going on..

• @pubcrawler said: Still waiting for @Spencer horror story about the data center. Cough it up.

I would rather not sorry :( Don't like to talk about it. PM me if you want to know more.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Spencer said: I would rather not sorry :( Don't like to talk about it. PM me if you want to know more.

Gee, that is really frightening...
    I guess I feel better as my paranoia seems to have still some grounds.

• Well appears the old saying is true, if a deal looks too good....it probably is.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'll just publicly ruin this in case there are any doubts... nobody tried to kill anybody; it's a joke

• @shovenose said: I'll just publicly ruin this in case there are any doubts... nobody tried to kill anybody; it's a joke

That's what someone being threatened would say ;)

• @pubcrawler said: Still waiting for the colo tour horror story @Spencer.

• Utterly confused by the @Spencer confusion. Did he or didn't he have an "issue" there?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I thought @spencer was praising them after his visit?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said: I thought @spencer was praising them after his visit?

Depends, with a gun pointed at him, anyone would :P

• @Maounique said: Depends, with a gun pointed at him, anyone would :P

??

• Crazy misdirection fiction by @Spencer.

Figured it was some dry humor when the story he was telling ended with me saying, this is why one has a concealed carry permit.

All that violence fiction ended on that note :)

• 14 days...
    They still have 30 days before I cancel this payment on paypal.

• Why @dwild another 30 days?

Me I'd say the wet the bed already and haven't delivered.

• Because I can still get my money back on paypal 45 days after the transaction. I don't care if it take me a long time before getting the server, I don't care if the support is crap, all I want is the 16 GB server on a 100 mbit/s connection for 30 days at 35$.
    If I don't get it, I simply go on Paypal and get my money back.
    I admit that I won't wait exactly 30 days. Maybe 14 days. I want to be sure to have at least 15 days to test and be sure that the server actually run.

• They promised to have me set up this Monday. We'll see what happens.

• @dwild said: Because I can still get my money back on paypal 45 days after the transaction.

Paypal's dispute process is the worst. Talking to your credit card company is much easier.

• @dnwk said: Paypal's dispute process is the worst. Talking to your credit card company is much easier.

Isn't that the truth! I will say PayPal knows of the issues with CM so if you need to do a dispute, you will probably win if you word it well.