Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evidence that @Traffic accepts money for shills - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evidence that @Traffic accepts money for shills

Comments

• Well, well, well!

• How about we just ban affiliate programs on LET.

The site owners from about every company on here post their own offers/deals, why do we need extra middlemen on here? I'd prefer all profits going to the host instead of a cut being given to someone who just spams up the forums.

How about only company owners can post their own offers? doesn't that seem reasonable ?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@rkd said:
    drmike

Not psychotic enough.

Thanked by 3netomx LES 0xdragon
  • rkdrkd Member

I am actually surprised some are defending @Traffic when it's clear what his intentions were.

He's just lying to save himself, and we both know it.

• @jvnadr said:
    rkd TELL US WHAT YOUR REAL LET MEMBERSHIP IS!

As if that's ever gonna happen

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

JoeMerit said: The site owners from about every company on here post their own offers/deals, why do we need extra middlemen on here? I'd prefer all profits going to the host instead of a cut being given to someone who just spams up the forums.

Or at least they go in Offers section like the rest of the offers.

@JoeMerit said:
    How about we just ban affiliate programs on LET.

The site owners from about every company on here post their own offers/deals, why do we need extra middlemen on here? I'd prefer all profits going to the host instead of a cut being given to someone who just spams up the forums.

How about only company owners can post their own offers? doesn't that seem reasonable ?

Every rule sounds reasonable at the time and there's a new one that sounds reasonable a every week. What I have to ask myself is:

1. Does this solve a problem?
    2. Why does this problem have to be solved?
    3. What is the impact of solving this problem?
    4. What is the impact of not solving this problem?
    5. Have I chosen the shortest, least invasive path to a resolution?

It's easy to have a knee jerk reaction to a problem but I have to step back and look at the big picture. In many cases, it makes more sense to resolve the problem itself rather than increase the overhead for all members.

Thanked by 2ricardo deadbeef
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2016

rkd said: I am actually surprised some are defending @Traffic when it's clear what his intentions were.

And what's your intentions?

Also: Are you really drmike? If yes, publish a post from his account!
    You are continuing to post BS.

TELL US WHAT YOUR REAL LET ACCOUNT IS, PUBLISH A POST FROM THAT ACCOUNT.
    In that way, your accusations will have a weight.

Thanked by 1netomx

@rkd said:
    I am actually surprised some are defending Traffic when it's clear what his intentions were.

He's just lying to save himself, and we both know it.

From a purely analytical point of view, even you have to admit that @Traffic's explanation is plausible and therefore any conclusion is currently a judgement call.

• rkdrkd Member

Well, even if no action is taken at least my efforts were not in vain.

Now @Traffic will be very careful with who he deals with, and will unlikely ever attempt this again.

Thanked by 5jar Wolf Riz deadbeef roykem
  • JoeMerit said: How about only company owners can post their own offers? doesn't that seem reasonable ?

I would be OK with that, I have never used any affiliate account in anything. But I have suggested some providers in questions like "suggest me something good for this". The hidden affiliates could use their reputation just to "push" providers that way. Using a clear affiliate link is much more clear than hidden affiliates.

• jarland said: you have to admit that @Traffic's explanation is plausible and therefore any conclusion is currently a judgement call

...But thread's title is "Proof that @Traffic accepts money for shills". Not so a judgement call...

@jvnadr said:
    ...But thread's title is "Proof that Traffic accepts money for shills". Not so a judgement call...

Changing that seems reasonable, I'd do it for others.

• rkdrkd Member

@jarland said:
    From a purely analytical point of view, even you have to admit that Traffic's explanation is plausible and therefore any conclusion is currently a judgement call.

That's perfectly understandable, and I was not willing to pay 200EUR just to seal the deal.

Although, any sane person would know his "trolling" excuse is just pure bs because he had his bitcoin web wallet open as well as providing his BTC address, as shown in the screenshots.

It's funny how some people are this gullible. Thinking that my new reputation makes the screenshots less truthful even after he posted his side.

Pfft.

Thanked by 2Brad deadbeef
  • Aw man, this had to get serious. There's still popcorn up for grabs...

• @jarland Also, is it legit for a LET member to admit he opened two false accounts for any reason here, without revealing his real LET account?

rkd said: I just had enough of him lying his way out of posting threads with hidden affiliate links or different questionable advertising tactics.

By this, he admits he has another LET account and he opened secretly even from admins a couple of new ones, to hide his ID hunting another member.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • RizRiz Member

@rkd said:
    Pfft.

To top it off, he bragged about how much he made. This is what shows his true intentions were business.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • rkdrkd Member

@Riz said:
    To top it off, he bragged about how much he made. This is what shows his true intentions were business.

Exactly, his excuse is pathetic and it's funny how some don't see it.

Suggested solutions:

• All offers go in Offers section (currently unaffiliated member can post offer in Providers section)
    • Offers must not contain affiliate links

jarland said: Does this solve a problem?

There are two problems:

• There is an incentive to have someone else make an offer post so that it doesn't sink. This rewards providers who do this kind of shady activity.
    • If people gain from posting an offer with affiliate link, then the sincerity of the recommendation becomes unclear. This leads to drama (like this thread) instead of useful discovery of providers / offers; the post is not useful to viewers who are not familiar with the poster because they cannot be sure how much profit impacted the post.

Both are solved to some extent.

Why does this problem have to be solved?

Providers who pay for shilling should not be rewarded. They will still be able to shill for reviews and recommendations in replies, but this closes one avenue. Meanwhile offers posted by people unaffiliated with the provider become more useful because profit is no longer a potential factor for the post (both because there are no affiliate links and because the provider could have posted the offer themselves, so wouldn't have paid the poster to post it).

What is the impact of solving this problem?

What is the impact of not solving this problem?

Currently there are shady reposts of offers where OP is benefiting (even if it is via affiliate system and not direct payment) without necessarily having tried the services and actually thinking the services are good. This violates the implicit assumption when you view a suggestion for service that the poster actually likes the service. At best this means that the forum has more useless posts, at worst it harms people who trust these posts and purchase following that assumption.

Have I chosen the shortest, least invasive path to a resolution?

I don't see a benefit to allowing affiliate links in offers. I doubt we would lose any useful recommendations as a result -- if someone only posts a recommendation because they would be getting some profit, then I won't trust that recommendation anyway.

I also don't see why offers should be treated differently. If someone wants to write a recommendation and provide ample evidence that the provider is good, they can post a review instead, and this is more useful to the community.

• rkdrkd Member

@jvnadr said:
    jarland Also, is it legit for a LET member to admit he opened two false accounts for any reason here, without revealing his real LET account?

Where did I admit I have 2 accounts?

By this, he admits he has another LET account and he opened secretly even from admins a couple of new ones, to hide his ID hunting another member.

What if I was a lurker and this was my first account?

Like you keep saying, prove it.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2016

rkd said: That's perfectly understandable, and I was not willing to pay 200EUR just to seal the deal.

40% according to your screenshot iirc. so 80 Euros. Would've saved a lot of "did he, didn't he". At some point you have to ask whether there is a monetary value in thinking about this and whether it matters enough.

Thanked by 1netomx

rkd said: Where did I admit I have 2 accounts?

Are you saying @tnkr is not your account?

• rkd said: Where did I admit I have 2 accounts?

Then, how did you get the initial pm's with traffic? Are you a whole group of people?

rkd said: What if I was a lurker and this was my first account?

So, a lurker that got pissed off of a member and you opened two accounts in once just to attack him? OK, then! With every answer you are revealing that your true intentions seem not to be so pure...

• rkdrkd Member

@perennate said:
    Are you saying tnkr is not your account?

I may have received these screenshots from outside of lowendtalk.

• edited March 2016

@QuadHost @i83

Payment accepted, thanks MasterCard (not sure if I charged to the correct card though, wtf got lucky, my old card still had some balance. fuck yea!)

Instant activation! Nice, quadhost!

Thanked by 2quadhost coreflux
  • BradBrad Member
    edited March 2016

I have a very important profile in the forum, I will no throw it away for 0 euros

Guess someone else did it for you instead.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@theroyalstudent - hide that IP

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2016

rkd said: I may have received these screenshots from outside of lowendtalk.

So, you got them from a third party and it is not you that framed traffic? Because you said that YOU got pissed by his LET threads...
    You're getting better and better!

WHAT IS YOUR REAL LET ID?

• rkdrkd Member

@ricardo said:
    40% according to your screenshot iirc. so 80 Euros. Would've saved a lot of "did he, didn't he". At some point you have to ask whether there is a monetary value in thinking about this and whether it matters enough.

According to the screenshot, 40% was the sales commission, not the monthly payout.

Anyway, he wasn't worth any money.

We succeeded in what we wanted to do, which is outing him, people can come to their own conclusions.

View 1: He was willing to shill for money, and has done it before.

View 2: He was "trolling" even though he gave a BTC address, showed his previous work, and knew how to work as if he was "recommending".

Those with even half a brain would know which is true.

• @rkd said:
    Those with even half a brain would know which is true.

I would trust any member who has been longer than you... you joined today and want everyone to believe the bullshit you are saying.