Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mandrill & Mailchimp news & Alternatives? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mandrill & Mailchimp news & Alternatives?

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I switched to SendGrid ^_^ Seems Awesome, couldn't check out MailGun (Account shows disabled, needs to contact support, already opened ticket). Checked out SparkHost, they are slow in verifying Domain.

• telephone said: Looks like they read your domain record and saw you already have Mandrill in the spf. So instead of telling you to remove existing spf records, they're telling you how to keep both? (I used SparkPost on a sub-domain and was only shown their spf)

That would be it. They should probably note that somewhere as I was confused why they wanted me to add Mandrill, too.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Checked out SparkHost, they are slow in verifying Domain.

Domain verification was very quick for me. They offer 4 options which is nice.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2016

@Ishaq said:
    Domain verification was very quick for me. They offer 4 options which is nice.

So, what are you going to use now ? And, You signed up with Google Project in SendGrid (Free 25K/Mon Email) ??

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    So, what are you going to use now ? And, You signed up with Google Project in SendGrid (Free 25K/Mon Email) ??

SparkPost. 100K is much more than 25K, emails are delivered instantly, and the interface is nice. I don't have any complaints.

I did sign up for SendGrid, but they ask for too much information when you first signup, so I just couldn't be bothered.

Amazon SES has this "sandbox" placed on your account where you can't send any email to unverified recipients, you have to request that they lift it manually by filling in a form.

Thanked by 2n0my BeardyUnixGuy
  • @Awmusic12635 said:
    Just changed all our stuff to sendgrid. Easy setup and delivery is near instant.
    @nfn said:
    Sendgrid here too!

how to remove unsubscribe link on bottom of each email sent from sendgrid?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

nocker said: how to remove unsubscribe link on bottom of each email sent from sendgrid?

subscription tracking option under the tracking settings

• Can we check each mail subject and recepient like mandrill in sparkpost?

• Does sparkpost anonymize mail? Aka. remove x-received-by, x-origin-ip headers etc.?

• @tr1cky said:
    Does sparkpost anonymize mail? Aka. remove x-received-by, x-origin-ip headers etc.?

Nope. Origin IP is sent with the relayed mail.

robohost said: Can we check each mail subject and recepient like mandrill in sparkpost?

Yes.

• Ishaq said: Nope. Origin IP is sent with the relayed mail.

Is amazon SES really the only company that understands that in some cases this is a security-risk?

Thanked by 1heiska
  • @tr1cky said:
    Is amazon SES really the only company that understands that in some cases this is a security-risk?

I just tried Mailjet, and they don't disclose the origin IP either. So far they seem to be the only other option.

It does seem that a lot of providers aren't considering how many sites are behind CloudFlare but still need to send transactional messages (a forum, in my case).

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@tr1cky said:

Elasticmail also doesn't seem to add origin IP headers, testing them out at the moment and seems great apart from the attachments charge of $1/GB but we don't do a lot of attachment sending, only really invoice PDFs that are 40KB each.

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • @SpartanHost said:
    Elasticmail also doesn't seem to add origin IP headers, testing them out at the moment and seems great apart from the attachments charge of $1/GB but we don't do a lot of attachment sending, only really invoice PDFs that are 40KB each.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/elasticemail.com

• Question about having multiple providers and verified domains:
    Say I have account at mailgun and verified my domain 'aaa.com' and subdomain 'sss.bbb.com' using the mailgun domain validation steps.

Now, can I also validate the exact two same domains with sendgrid - to be able to send thru either mailgun or sendgrid? So my application can use sendgrid if mailgun is down or unreachable?

• aFriend said: Question about having multiple providers and verified domains: Say I have account at mailgun and verified my domain 'aaa.com' and subdomain 'sss.bbb.com' using the mailgun domain validation steps.

Now, can I also validate the exact two same domains with sendgrid - to be able to send thru either mailgun or sendgrid? So my application can use sendgrid if mailgun is down or unreachable?

Yes. Just make sure you have the correct DKIM & SPF records for both on your domains.

Thanked by 1aFriend

Ah, I don't seem to be having issues with deliverability so far as a result of that.

@Ishaq said:
    Nope. Origin IP is sent with the relayed mail.

I sent a test email from sparkpost and can't find any headers mentioning 'origin' when viewing the source via gmail, maybe gmail strips it out or are they called something else?

• SpartanHost said: I sent a test email from sparkpost and can't find any headers mentioning 'origin' when viewing the source via gmail, maybe gmail strips it out or are they called something else?

I could see the origin on Gmail.

It should be like this:

Received: from [x.x.x.x] ([x.x.x.x.x:12345] helo=hostname)

@Ishaq said:
    I could see the origin on Gmail.

>

It should be like this:

>

Received: from [x.x.x.x] ([x.x.x.x.x:12345] helo=hostname)

Yeah you're right, I see that now. I double checked elasticmail and thankfully they remove those lines apart from of course showing their own IP, hopefully sparkpost think about removing them soon as it looks like a good alternative.

• Lowendtalk mail for providers? Would be nice but maybe to much to ask..

• mailgun

• Sendgrid is good, but Sendgrid seems to be using mailchannels.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2016

sugeng said: Sendgrid is good, but Sendgrid seems to be using mailchannels.

Is that a bad thing?

• @Jarland can i use mxroute for this? Already using to send business email.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@2khosts said:
    Jarland can i use mxroute for this? Already using to send business email.

Definitely. If you're going to be sending hundreds of thousands of emails in a short period of time, MXroute might not be the best fit, but most people here aren't doing anything near that :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @jarland said:
    Definitely. If you're going to be sending hundreds of thousands of emails in a short period of time, MXroute might not be the best fit, but most people here aren't doing anything near that :)

Thank you! I'm sending few email mostly welcome and login notification, less than 30 monthly in mandrill.

mandrill become too expensive for me

• edufeduf Member

nobody protect sender ip? like cloudflare but for emails.

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited March 2016

I finally chose elasticemail, within minutes I was sending emails with them. No stupid verifications, just like mandrill at the beginning.

• @eduf said:
    nobody protect sender ip? like cloudflare but for emails.

Elasticemail and Amazon SES does not include origin IP. Someone mentioned even Mailjet does not include it, however I haven't tried Mailjet.

I have finally settled with Amazon SES. Elasticemail is good but currently they do not support secure connections for outbound delivery. All connections from your server to elasticemail is secured... but elasticemail to receiptient's server is unsecured.

They told me they are looking into offering TLS connections for outbound delivery too, but haven't provided any dates.