Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mandrill & Mailchimp news & Alternatives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mandrill & Mailchimp news & Alternatives?

2khosts2khosts Member
edited February 2016 in Providers

Should i use mandrillapp but they are changing to mailchimp, i was wondering if this is going to have any big effects for hosting providers?

One thing i really wanted to ask is what other alternatives is there for mandrill mail?

I was going to sign up to mandrill now i am a little confused.. so sign up for mailchimp instead?

Update on Mandrill:
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/76760/mandrill-soon-becoming-a-paid-add-on-of-mailchimp#latest

Comments

• Sendgrid and amazon SES are a good alternatives. SES remains the cheapest one, there support is not as nice as Sendgrid though.

There is also mailgun and mailjet, I never heavily used them, but they have a good reputation

Thanked by 22khosts doghouch
  • As mentioned above Mailjet, Sendgrid are the best options.

Thanked by 12khosts
  • @Hybrid said:
    Sendgrid and amazon SES are a good alternatives. SES remains the cheapest one, there support is not as nice as Sendgrid though.

There is also mailgun and mailjet, I never heavily used them, but they have a good reputation

Are you using any of these for mailing customers?

TheKiller said: Mailjet

Are you using any of these yourself?

• mailgun is my new favourite

• As I remember, Mailjet is a French company and they are using OVH (maybe it is a project of OVH).

Also, take a look at additional fees

Thanked by 12khosts
  • telephonetelephone Member
    edited February 2016

SparkPost - 100K a month, 10K a day limit on the free tier

• @telephone said:
    SparkPost - 100K a month, 10K a day limit on the free tier

Can't find price for additional 1000 emails.

• BochiBochi Member
    edited February 2016

I can recommend Mailgun, as I am pretty happy with them - pricing seems on par with the others.
    Not using them for mailing customers though.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited February 2016

@Gulf said:
    Can't find price for additional 1000 emails.

The free plan does not allow any overage, 100K is the hard limit. You can upgrade to the $45/m plan which includes 200K a month and allows overage.

It's on their pricing page: SparkPost pricing

• Amazon SES gets a +1 from me. No free tier but it's pay-per-use and dirt cheap at like $0.10 per 1k emails. PostMark was another I've used for low volume stuff like WordPress sites.

• GulfGulf Member
    edited February 2016

@mikeyur said:
    Amazon SES gets a +1 from me. No free tier but it's pay-per-use and dirt cheap at like $0.10 per 1k emails. PostMark was another I've used for low volume stuff like WordPress sites.

Do not forget about price for attachments ;) If your average message weighs 600 kb you will pay 0.21$ per 1000.

Btw, they provide free tier. If you send your emails from EC2 instance (4$ per month) you will get 62 000 for free monthly.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Thanks everyone, so https://www.sparkpost.com/pricing and https://www.mailgun.com/pricing seem to be the best options,

• @Gulf said:
    Btw, they provide free tier. If you send your emails from EC2 instance (4$ per month) you will get 62 000 for free monthly.

Ah, I don't use attachments. Good tip about the free tier though :)

• jhjh Member

There's loads of choice for free delivery, even at high volumes. I've used Sendgrid and Mailgun with a lot of success, and at very high volumes, Amazon SES is not free but very very cheap.

• @2khosts said:
    Thanks everyone, so https://www.sparkpost.com/pricing and https://www.mailgun.com/pricing seem to be the best options,

SendGrid got 25k mails a month free package too, sign up at: https://sendgrid.com/partner/google

• https://www.campaignmonitor.com/ is a pretty good alternative to Mailchimp

Thanked by 12khosts
  • @2khosts said:
    Are you using any of these yourself?

At some point we were using Amazon SES to send around 1.5 Million emails per day, then we switched for Sendgrid after Amazon's support were not so good. Sendgrid gave us a dedicated support member on skype, and used to monitor our activity

Thanked by 12khosts
  • How about Pepipost? anyone use them, any experiant with them?

• @linuxthefish said:
    mailgun is my new favourite

Same! It's free plan is actually decent, but I surpassed the limit long ago for the tier. I highly recommend it though :)

• mindofemanizer said: How about Pepipost? anyone use them, any experiant with them?

I looked into them and found many references to falconide in their admin panel but they claim to be unaffiliated. Said their content developers must have just copied falconide's content... Smelled fishy so I bailed. Tested some on ElasticEmail and got quick delivery. Think that may be the way we're headed.

Thanked by 1mindofemanizer
  • Also switched to mailgun for transactional e-mails (less than 200 per month). Seems good so far.

• NodePing said: I looked into them and found many references to falconide in their admin panel but they claim to be unaffiliated. Said their content developers mus

try their smtp on my whmcs (sending/reply ticket), received on spam folder (gmail). May only occur in my account , but I 've told them about my case.

Try other provider tommorow :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Just changed all our stuff to sendgrid. Easy setup and delivery is near instant.

Thanked by 12khosts
  • nfnnfn Veteran

Sendgrid here too!

Thanked by 12khosts
  • Wow a lot of choice for mail providers! Good job guys

• Everyone talks about price, but what about what really matters: deliverability?

Thanked by 1jar
  • I also recommend Sparkpost, they offer 100k/ month on their free plan, and they have an awesome deliverability and responsive support

• Does Sparkpost use Mandrill?

I was given this SPF record when configuring:

v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com include:sparkpostmail.com ~all

• @Ishaq said:
    Does Sparkpost use Mandrill?

I was given this SPF record when configuring:

v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com include:sparkpostmail.com ~all

Looks like they read your domain record and saw you already have Mandrill in the spf. So instead of telling you to remove existing spf records, they're telling you how to keep both? (I used SparkPost on a sub-domain and was only shown their spf)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@telephone said:
    Looks like they read your domain record and saw you already have Mandrill in the spf. So instead of telling you to remove existing spf records, they're telling you how to keep both? (I used SparkPost on a sub-domain and was only shown their spf)

Yes, Exactly this. I have mandrill, sendgrid & some other providers SPF Record added & they read all those !