Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Specials available - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Specials available

Comments

• NihimNihim Member
    edited March 2016

@mosan7763 said:
    i'm sure they just changed the name but maybe a little sign.

If you are talking about the ST12/24 SSD 2016, those are the two new ones the released like a month - month and a half ago, if I am not mistaken. They were listed already.

• I managed to get one with a 1x 500GB SSHD on the 2EU special - pure luck!

• NihimNihim Member

@jeromeza said:
    I managed to get one with a 1x 500GB SSHD on the 2EU special - pure luck!

Kindly edit your post before you become the target of an angry mob, including myself. Thank you :)

• @Nihim said:
    Kindly edit your post before you become the target of an angry mob, including myself. Thank you :)

Hahaha - well at least i'm not letting any of mine idle if that makes you feel any better. Nor am I reselling them at extortionate rates!

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited March 2016

I have 1 or 2 (kidéchire) that I can resell at cost price (+PP fees!) that I no longer need now if anyone would be interested in that? I bought a few to try a couple of monitoring-related things, but did not want to cancel and lose them.

Not through the outsourcing option though because of the Windows thing. I have been doing this with one already for nearly a year to @vampireJ

edit: obviously it would be best if you were a 'trustworthy' member, so I know that I would not end up getting screwed over :-)

• NihimNihim Member

@jeromeza said:

Yea makes me kinda hope the disk in mine will fail, something that normally one would never wish for :P

• My 08163 is just great

• I missed the limited deals this time - do they have a newsletter that will alert me when they have something similar available in the future?

• @Lunics - no - I'd suggest setting up something like a script to curl the page and grep for certain info. You can then email yourself on changes and purchase.

• zevuszevus Member

this thing at dacentec costs $20 a month?

serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/06/06/bV8a2HF6ZXvvfqZj

Cachefly 96.5 MB/s Linode, Atlanta, GA, USA 98.4 MB/s Linode, Dallas, TX, USA 31.2 MB/s Linode, Tokyo, JP 9.03 MB/s Linode, London, UK 16.7 MB/s OVH, Paris, France 12.8 MB/s SmartDC, Rotterdam, Netherlands 11.5 MB/s Hetzner, Nuernberg, Germany 4.80 MB/s iiNet, Perth, WA, Australia 4.32 MB/s MammothVPS, Sydney, Australia 21.6 KB/s Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL 16.1 MB/s Leaseweb, Manassas, VA, USA 53.0 MB/s Softlayer, Singapore 8.95 MB/s Softlayer, Seattle, WA, USA 25.7 MB/s Softlayer, San Jose, CA, USA 26.3 MB/s Softlayer, Washington, DC, USA 12.2 MB/s

i'lll keep avoiding online.net

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @zevus said:
    this thing at dacentec costs $20 a month?

serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/06/06/bV8a2HF6ZXvvfqZj

Cachefly 96.5 MB/s Linode, Atlanta, GA, USA 98.4 MB/s Linode, Dallas, TX, USA 31.2 MB/s Linode, Tokyo, JP 9.03 MB/s Linode, London, UK 16.7 MB/s OVH, Paris, France 12.8 MB/s SmartDC, Rotterdam, Netherlands 11.5 MB/s Hetzner, Nuernberg, Germany 4.80 MB/s iiNet, Perth, WA, Australia 4.32 MB/s MammothVPS, Sydney, Australia 21.6 KB/s Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL 16.1 MB/s Leaseweb, Manassas, VA, USA 53.0 MB/s Softlayer, Singapore 8.95 MB/s Softlayer, Seattle, WA, USA 25.7 MB/s Softlayer, San Jose, CA, USA 26.3 MB/s Softlayer, Washington, DC, USA 12.2 MB/s

i'lll keep avoiding online.net

Your choice.

• zevuszevus Member

@cosmicgate said:

Did they correct their ToS so it doesn't say Paypal is a payment method for dedicated servers?

Was clearly stated on there ~6 mo ago, and they refused to take my paypal payment, so I cancelled my servers. If they were in Texas, I'd probably have taken them to small claims court, just for the hell of it.

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited March 2016

There were 2x 160 GB SSD offers in the past - I wonder why they stopped them now: https://documentation.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/offres/serveur-dedibox-limited-edition-3815-3915/start

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2016

Spacedust said: There were 2x 160 GB SSD offers in the past

The page says this was offered in 2015 -- but I'm almost certain there was no 2x160GB SSD special in 2015. There was a special like this, but only with 2x2 TB HDDs. I'd say this is just a mistake on the page, or a planned config but it was never actually released.

• @Spacedust said:
    There were 2x 160 GB SSD offers in the past - I wonder why they stopped them now: https://documentation.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/offres/serveur-dedibox-limited-edition-3815-3915/start

I got one for that offer 2x2TB,
    2x160GB too overprice.

Hope for 2016 they release special offer 500GB SSD for under 30 euro :D

• That would be just plain crazy ;) They must still have lots of 160 GB SSD drives pulled out from higher servers and replaced with 500 GB SSD's. I got one of XC SSD with one of these.

• OldkyOldky Member

Any special left?

• Do they support PayPal now ?

• OldkyOldky Member

@Spacedust said:

Thx, blank...

• NomadNomad Member

@rm_ said:
    The page says this was offered in 2015 -- but I'm almost certain there was no 2x160GB SSD special in 2015. There was a special like this, but only with 2x2 TB HDDs. I'd say this is just a mistake on the page, or a planned config but it was never actually released.

3815 - 3915 Specials did have ssd disks. But it was 2 x 120gb disks not 160.

• This month all Dediboxes XC SSD were sold out in 3 days !

• My server is down almost 12 hours because I'm unable to install any OS. They've confirmed hardware issue but no other servers are available for replacement,

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Spacedust ask for Refund.

edited March 2016

It's an XC SDD. I need it because it has 160 GB SSD ;)

• The IPMI has failed and they need to replace the whole server.

• @Spacedust said:
    The IPMI has failed and they need to replace the whole server.

Generally on server grade hardware IPMI is built into the MB

• @Spacedust said:
    My server is down almost 12 hours because I'm unable to install any OS. They've confirmed hardware issue but no other servers are available for replacement,

I've just canceled one, since I see it is better to keep my 2 x 1220. Hope that they will use it for failed ones.

edited March 2016

Which drive were you having ? They won't keep my 160 GB SSD ;(

• How often is this page updated with new deals? o.o

I always miss it ffs.