Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone with a CommercialMedia dedi? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone with a CommercialMedia dedi?

13»

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2013

@bdtech said: @Earl @rsk I thought proxmox you could install Debian first

Yes you could, but CM allows you to pick an Image of your choosing so installing ontop of Debian is not really the way to go considering that Promox bare metal install takes less than 5 min..

• @mhuang2286 said: Judging by the test IP, they will be in completely different networks. It looks like they're using YellowFiber in Ashburn and YellowFiber's network is amazing.

Yellowfiber is nice, but there are some downfalls from not using some other peers as well in some place as they are ONLY nLayer/Above. You do get what you pay for from Yellowfiber though. You can get pretty decent commits on the lower end of the price scale, especially in Ashburn, VA as their is several large datacenters in that area.

Two of these datacenters being Equinix and Latisys (I believe there is also one more, but the name is escaping me at the moment). The company I work for has a cage in Latisys (I have been inside Latisys a few times, awesome datacenter and the NOC guys are great people) and we do have a rather large commit with Yellowfiber and Latisys's Mix (XO,Level3, Abovenet). If someone is looking for colocation there you can drop me a PM, however, keep in mind the mix we have is PREMIUM bandwidth, so it is a bit more on the expensive side. It is worth it cause the routes to Europe are really nice in addition to the great routes in the US.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited January 2013

Considering it's most likely oversold to all infinity, 400K/s per thread is actually fairly decent.

tl;dr: Excellent torrent box, useless for much of anything else. (Due the raw nature of torrents to spawn >9k threads)

• They seems to have restocked if anyone was interested in signing up..