Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter SLA Credit Received - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter SLA Credit Received

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Things like refugee domains targeting a competitor are not 'classy' in the way that I (and I think many others) perceived Delimiter was, so engaging in these tactics (however light-hearted you may have intended them to be) actually diminishes your brand image somewhat, IMO.

That is my opinion @Nekki. :)

• @MrGeneral said:
    Don't make assumptions, Jar. I have ran far bigger communities and still do. What I mean is, your favoritism, the big advantage they do. If any other company had registered delimiterrefugees.com, I doubt you would allow it.

Way out of line. Time to back up your supposition or shut up.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

MrEmotional said: Don't make assumptions, Jar

Oh I don't need to, you are too emotional and you take everything personally. It's why I denied your request to be a moderator here. I like you, as a person, but you are incapable of keeping your emotions in check and you are not fit to run this community.

As such, you do not run this community. With the blessing of it's owners, I do. You can tell as many lies as you want about what you wish I did, saying that I "would" do it when it suited me, but you apparently don't know me as well as you think you do.

Any host here that wants to register _____refugees.com, you have my blessing. ANY HOST. I am not the legal department of the host you choose to fill in the blank with, and I will not attempt to do their job for them.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • Nekki said: The thing is Mark, you worked hard to create an impression of a professional, well run company that was a step above a lot of the shit that goes on in the depths of LET, and it helped you stand out from the crowd somewhat.

I agree wholeheartedly. I tried to make sure we always presented ourselves in a good, clean light.

Things like refugee domains targeting a competitor are not 'classy' in the way that I (and I think many others) perceived Delimiter was, so engaging in these tactics (however light-hearted you may have intended them to be) actually diminishes your brand image somewhat, IMO.

Without question, not classy, but humorous. When QuadIX sent out their RFO of the week, they decided to have a funny jab at us. Kudos to them, it was honestly funny. This was just the response to that.

@jarland said:
    Any host here that wants to register _____refugees.com, you have my blessing. ANY HOST. I am not the legal department of the host you choose to fill in the blank with, and I will not attempt to do their job for them.

Apparently, you don't know me as well, just making assumptions. So let's conclude this is a forum and we all make assumptions.

As for getting too emotional, I'm not that emotional. I was banned several times and never begged to be unbanned.
    Now, sometimes we get emotional, yes, that's something that us, humans, show and prove naturally. If we're not emotional, then we're not humans.

MrGeneral said: just making assumptions

You keep throwing this around like it's a problem. I'm actually not making assumptions, I'm replying to your direct statements written in plain English. However, if we want to talk about not making assumptions, try this one on for size:

MrGeneral said: If any other company had registered delimiterrefugees.com, I doubt you would allow it

Mind telling me what that is?

I should warn you about one more thing @MrGeneral, something I'm well aware of. The more we bump this thread, the more sales Delimiter will get. I know how LET viewers work, there's like 4 people reading what we're saying and the rest never read past the first post.

@jarland said:
    Mind telling me what that is?

Sorry. My mistake. I thought you were an ethics guy. :)

MrGeneral said: Sorry. My mistake. I thought you were an ethics guy. :)

I am, it's why I don't do what you tell me to do when you make a claim out of left field about what you think ethics are, just to push your agenda and say "Well if you disagree you must not be ethical."

@jarland said:
    I should warn you about one more thing MrGeneral, something I'm well aware of. The more we bump this thread, the more sales Delimiter will get. I know how LET viewers work, there's like 4 people reading what we're saying and the rest never read past the first post.

See, you're being emotional and you had to write that up. They surely do, @jarland, but I doubt they get that many orders daily...plus all the cancelled servers lately... ;)

@jarland said:
    I am, it's why I don't do what you tell me to do when you make a claim out of left field about what you think ethics are, just to push your agenda and say "Well if you disagree you must not be ethical."

No. I'll just stop suggesting and let you be the king of the world. Run it and be happy. It's the same for me. :)

/thread

MrGeneral said: See, you're being emotional and you had to write that up.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/projecting?s=t

Psychology. to ascribe one's own feelings, thoughts, or attitudes to others.
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

Really, pal? Talking about trademarks? Please talk if you know how it works. I have a lot of knowledge on things and I know you're wrong, pal.

• MrGeneral said: You're aware there are different kinds of trademark registrations, which include USA, UK, etc... Right? Nah, you're not aware. You may know a lot about servers, but you don't seem to know anything about trademarks.

Do your homework first before making such comments:

QuadIX is not a registered trademark, neither do they acknowledge it as a trademark.

Dacentec filed a trademark on the word Dacentec on 21st December 2011 but then abandoned it on 1st May 2013.

Thanked by 1Kris

@MarkTurner said:
    Dacentec filed a trademark on the word Dacentec on 21st December 2011 but then abandoned it on 1st May 2013.

Ok fair enough Mark :)

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

@netomx said:
    Really, pal? Talking about trademarks? Please talk if you know how it works. I have a lot of knowledge on things and I know you're wrong, pal.

We're applying for onw, hence why I commented it, even though I'm not a lawyer, I do have one in my family which said something different.

• @MrGeneral, you are really stirring up a silly argument. What's wrong with registering ____refugees.com? Is it any different than providers offering reufugee deals, but without registering a domain? If so, I haven't seen complaints from you regarding that, why's that?

I don't like that tactic myself either. What'd I do? Laugh at the irony when they had that whole downtime fiasco. I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of us did.

Thanked by 1netomx

@Brad said:
    MrGeneral, you are really stirring up a silly argument. What's wrong with registering ____refugees.com? Is it any different than providers offering reufugee deals, but without registering a domain? If so, I haven't seen complaints from you regarding that, why's that?

I don't like that tactic myself either. What'd I do? Laugh at the irony when they had that whole downtime fiasco. I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of us did.

Won't argue with the first part as I'm not a lawyer, but I do agree with the rest of the lost. Actually, that's what happened over here :p.

Enough of this, tho.

• Brad said: Laugh at the irony when they had that whole downtime fiasco. I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of us did.

Its irony in its most pure sense. I think my first response when I heard the news on Hipchat was 'LOL, ironic'.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:
    We're applying for onw, hence why I commented it, even though I'm not a lawyer, I do have one in my family which said something different.

Ask them again. You know why I have hired a lawyer firm and I know this info

@netomx said:
    Ask them again. You know why I have hired a lawyer firm and I know this info

Sure thing mate. :) Will inform me better.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Without question, not classy, but humorous. When QuadIX sent out their RFO of the week, they decided to have a funny jab at us. Kudos to them, it was honestly funny. This was just the response to that.

Very much to my point.

Yes it was funny, and a fair enough response to QuadIX calling you out.

However, at the point they took the low road and called you out, you instantly took the high ground - but then subsequently lost it by lowering yourself to their level. I guess if I had to sum it up I'd say I'm disappointed, and i suspect it's not just me who feels that way.

Thanked by 2MikePT geekalot
  • @MrGeneral said:
    Won't argue with the first part as I'm not a lawyer

Didn't stop you from opening your trap earlier

• Thanked by 1BensDaMan

@Nekki said:
    Aren't both links irrelevant due to the fact that QuadIX isn't a trademark?

yes but I wasn't aware about that

• MrGeneral said: yes but I wasn't aware about that

You see now why it's better to do thinky before you do typey?

• @MrGeneral said:
    nuff said. /thread

And they're not trademarked terms.. so you're clearly braindead.

What company do you represent currently (you have a provider tag)? I've got some room in my domain budget.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't see it. Do we get our contracts extended for the duration of the outage (including the ILO mess)?

@mikeyur said:
    What company do you represent currently (you have a provider tag)? I've got some room in my domain budget.

Heh, enough of this, or no?

Thanked by 1netomx