Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter SLA Credit Received - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter SLA Credit Received

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jarland said:
    So much negativity here.

I,know. And the Bs are appearing again, is that a DDoS indicator, right?

Thanked by 2jar doghouch
  • @jarland said:
    So much negativity here.

I think disappointment is more the case.

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • @netomx said:

Bs?

• @Traffic said:
    Bs?

yeah

Bad
    Bee
    Basement
    Bazooka
    Banana

• @netomx said:

OMG THE DDOS IS COMING INTO MY WEBSITE AT 20B/S!!!!!!!!! HALP MEEEEE

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jarland said:
    So much negativity here.

Not negativity. Something you should forbid here.

@theroyalstudent said:
    Let them try OVHRefugees.com, DigitalOceanRefugees.com and AWSRefugees.com...

Would love to see them doing it...

• @MrGeneral said:

Bit strong IMO. Nothing wrong with providers sending stuff out to customers as a sign of gratitude for their continuing business, but there's a time and a place for that sort of thing.

• @MrGeneral said:
    Would love to see them doing it...

They should register OVHRefugees.com right now...

What's next on our list? AWS?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @simonindia said:
    Bad Bee Basement Bazooka Banana

Well if there's a Bazooka and a Banana involved that would surely only mean one thing.... Worms!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Bit strong IMO. Nothing wrong with providers sending stuff out to customers as a sign of gratitude for their continuing business, but there's a time and a place for that sort of thing.

Friday night in the back alley behind the strip club, for example.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@MrGeneral said:

I should forbid hosts from sending personalized apologies for downtime?

Oh now I've heard it all.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • @raindog308 said:
    Friday night in the back alley behind the strip club, for example.

I think that depends on the strip club - at my local club for instance, the back alley is where you collect the corpses of the ones the paying customers killed the night before. That gives me an ideal for a poll.

Thanked by 1GM2015

@jarland said:
    Oh now I've heard it all.

No. For registering domains with other companies names on it and using those to promote in LET. Even companies here, quadix, etc. That's really low.

@Nekki said:
    Bit strong IMO. Nothing wrong with providers sending stuff out to customers as a sign of gratitude for their continuing business, but there's a time and a place for that sort of thing.

Agreed, but that is not what I meant. Delimiter is a privileged provider here, they even register domains such as quadixrefugees.com and make fun of it, basically. If they registered softlayerrefugees.com or ovhrefugees.com they would simply be sued. In my opinion, that' a very low marketing strategy. @jarland allows it to happen, though. But if any other company here does the same, it won't last much time.
    I like @jarland, quite a lot but IMHO he isn't being fair here, and is taking sides. Not being imparcial.

Thanked by 2zafouhar vpsGOD

@theroyalstudent said:
    What's next on our list? AWS?

Yomura would get sued :p

• @MrGeneral said:

Sit back, grab some popcorn and have a read... courtesy of @Kris

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1501087/#Comment_1501087

Thanked by 1Kris
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Traffic said:
    Bs?

When on the wysiwyg editor, appears all Bolds

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @MrGeneral said:
    I like jarland, quite a lot but IMHO he isn't being fair here, and is taking sides. Not being imparcial.

I don't see a taking of sides. When has @Jarland ever stopped anyone else from registering stupid domains or hosts taking pot-shots at each other?

I thought Delimiter were above the silly attention-grabbing games, but they've obviously decided to make a play for the LE, and if this is how they plan do it, so be it. If you don't like it, vote with your $$$.

LET admins have never taken sides in recent memory and I don't see that anything has changed.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
    edited February 2016

Actually I have a lawyer in my family and I can assure you that's not how it works.
    Try to register getcocacola or even, in the IT industry, softlayerrefugees and you'll see how trademarks work. There are different types of trademarks, but most common have agreements with a lot of governments, and you cannot do what you've done.
    And still, it's a really low hit. I don't like Delimiter due to the all bullshit you guys post praising and bragging about your DC, team and such. I have a feeling that tells me it's all bullshit. Even though, I intended to get a server from Delimiter, what stopped me was that low hit, that disgusting marketing, which is utterly disrespectful for the affected/target providers.
    Now, I am sure I won't order a server from you. Even if I did, you'd call Musk, who would simply cancel my order and refund it. I'll never be able to get a Testa-Delimiter-X.

• MrGeneral said: Actually I have a lawyer in my family and I can assure you that's not how it works.

US law is somewhat different to Portugese.

MrGeneral said: Even though, I intended to get a server from Delimiter, what stopped me was that low hit, that disgusting marketing

Please spend your money elsewhere, we're quite picky about our clientele

Thanked by 1Kris
    edited February 2016

@Nekki said:
    LET admins have never taken sides in recent memory and I don't see that anything has changed.

This is the only thing I have against the way Jar runs this community. It's a low hit, but also merely my opinion. If I see Delimiter bragging about their Tier 100 DC, I'll surely remember them about their last downtime. Both QuadIX / Dacentec didn't have that much downtime, but even if they did, @Nekki, it's disrespectful to run such marketing strategy, they are members of this community as well. Ethics. I call it ethics.

• Nekki said: I thought Delimiter were above the silly attention-grabbing games, but they've obviously decided to make a play for the LE, and if this is how they plan do it, so be it. If you don't like it, vote with your $$$.

Don't take it too seriously, its more for fun than anything. Its satire / irony if everything. Even the holding page was ludicrous.

The whole concept of refugees is hilariously funny, just imagine pictures of refugees carrying their servers on their backs struggling across the wastelands to get to Delimiter's datacentre. Its like something from Monty Python.

• MrGeneral said: This is the only thing I have against the way Jar runs this community.

• @MrGeneral said:
    This is the only thing I have against the way Jar runs this community. It's a low hit, but also merely my opinion. If I see Delimiter bragging about their Tier 100 DC, I'll surely remember them about their last downtime. Both QuadIX / Dacentec didn't have that much downtime, but even if they did, Nekki, it's disrespectful to run such marketing strategy.

Yeah it is, but so what? We're all here for the popcorn and cheap servers, so let's not pretend otherwise.

I still have no idea why you're directing anger at the LET administration when you're actually annoyed with Delimiter.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2016

MrGeneral said: jarland allows it to happen, though. But if any other company here does the same, it won't last much time.

That is extremely false. You are projecting what you want to happen on to me and making up an absolutely false story to support it. Please show me one shred of evidence to support your statement.

If I ran this place according to your emotions the entire community would be a joke.

@MarkTurner said:
    Please spend your money elsewhere, we're quite picky about our clientele

You're absolutely wrong. Ahah!

You're aware there are different kinds of trademark registrations, which include USA, UK, etc... Right? Nah, you're not aware. You may know a lot about servers, but you don't seem to know anything about trademarks.

@mikeyur said:

Softlayerrefugees.com is available, buy it. And don't activate whois protection please, don't be afraid.

• @MarkTurner said:
    The whole concept of refugees is hilariously funny, just imagine pictures of refugees carrying their servers on their backs struggling across the wastelands to get to Delimiter's datacentre. Its like something from Monty Python.

The thing is Mark, you worked hard to create an impression of a professional, well run company that was a step above a lot of the shit that goes on in the depths of LET, and it helped you stand out from the crowd somewhat.

Things like refugee domains targeting a competitor are not 'classy' in the way that I (and I think many others) perceived Delimiter was, so engaging in these tactics (however light-hearted you may have intended them to be) actually diminishes your brand image somewhat, IMO.

@Nekki said:
    I still have no idea why you're directing anger at the LET administration when you're actually annoyed with Delimiter.

I am, but I meant, Jar allowing the domain thing.

@jarland said:
    If I ran this place according to your emotions the entire community would be a joke.

Don't make assumptions, Jar. I have ran far bigger communities and still do. What I mean is, your favoritism, the big advantage they do. If any other company had registered delimiterrefugees.com, I doubt you would allow it. Gosh. You even opened a new thread about your package from Delimiter, when you had other threads to post it to. You highlighted them. An Administrator should be fair and impartial. Don't get offended though. Besides this, there is nothing bad I can say about you. We're all humans. I'm just sharing my POV.