Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean lost our entire server - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean lost our entire server

1235»

Comments

• Nekki said: GoodHosting

GoodHosting Albinism at it's finest.

• @SSG_PowerUpHosting said:
    We are DigitalOcean's immediate competitor but I would argue that they are indeed good. You should always keep backups even if the service provider is secure enough to not require you to keep any backup.

We have been up for 24 months straight and hence never lost any customer's data but still we prefer our customers keeping backups for worstcase scenarios.

>

Regards, Saurabh G Account Manager, Power Up Hosting, Inc

>

If you're DigitalOcean's immediate competitor, why don't you think about employing a better user experience architect? This is the shittiest experience I ever had on a VPS host, honestly.

Doing it wrong...

SSD are up to 10 X Faster at Reading and Writing data than traditional Hard Drives. This means your online data for applications, websites, and files can be stored and delivered faster than you can say “fast”. Not only that, our awesome server engineers use technologies like RAID and LVM to harness the performance and reliability of SSDs. > Making them fault tolerant so if a drive fails, you will never even know. The mission here is to make sure your data stays readily available and can withstand the pressure of online demand.

Text formatting fail, and as a normal dev, I wouldn't give a fuck to read anything elseon the page when I see this - its just highly redundant, and you would be better off having a separate page for this. We developers aren't going like "OMG WHAT IS A SSD?????" everyday, right?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @DETio said:
    GoodHosting Albinism at it's finest.

Albino racism?

• With all of your data gone, and just $15 credit. hmm, that helps.