Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some hardware for sale - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some hardware for sale

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

May have some information on this if you'll give me a few hours.

Thanked by 2netomx MikePT
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep

I'd probably give it another week or two being a previous active member, he was able to provide matching part numbers when asked but then again the prices for those E3 servers were super low.

• jarland said: May have some information on this if you'll give me a few hours.

Did the police punish him for his plant farm? :P

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2016

I did send an offer via PM too, long before he disappeared. but he did not get back on that.

as others already said, if he was into scamming people I think he would gone for nearly every offer he got pm'ed to make more money...

maybe he had an accident, so just watch out for fundraisers ;-)
    (but I suppose he is insured properly, afair it's mandatory in netherlands)

I can tell you right away that the information I have suggests not a scam, but an unfortunate circumstance that will likely result in none of you receiving this hardware unless it was already shipped.

I'm waiting for permission from the person who shared the information with me before I say anything more direct about it.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • iKockaiKocka Member
    edited February 2016

@Falzo said:
    as others already said, if he was into scamming people I think he would gone for nearly every offer he got pm'ed to make more money...

Sending different hardware, providing non-existing tracking numbers and false pickup address is nothing else but a scam in my opinion.

@jarland said:
    I can tell you right away that the information I have suggests not a scam, but an unfortunate circumstance that will likely result in none of you receiving this hardware unless it was already shipped.

Is he going to refund us the money back?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Are you saying he died or got in hospital.

jarland said: I can tell you right away that the information I have suggests not a scam, but an unfortunate circumstance that will likely result in none of you receiving this hardware unless it was already shipped.

• @iKocka said:

you are aware of bad incidents that may happen in real life, which may lead to impossilities like being unable to communicate over the internet or at all?

for sure everyone who did business with him, got the real name and address of him and if feeling uncomfortable to wait any longer by now, can do own research or file a dispute with payment service or after all go to local police etc.

• edited February 2016

I am also awaiting response from him as I bought a supermicro as well, but nothing so far. I am certain he did not attempt to scam any of us but rather got involved in an incident.

However, having no tracking number is in no way scam attempt, the cheapest shipping option he use does not have tracking included, which is why some of you, who actually got the hardware shipped/expects the delivery is now having difficulties to track it.

Let's wait for a tad bit more to see what's up, I would not jump to conclusions just yet, as life is unpredictable and I sincerely hope he is safe.

@iKocka said:
    Is he going to refund us the money back?

It would have to be someone on his behalf doing it as he would be physically unable to.

Thanked by 4GM2015 Falzo netomx GCat
  • @jarland said:
    It would have to be someone on his behalf doing it as he would be physically unable to.

that's probably bad news, but maybe there are member from the netherlands around here, who may come to help. regarding where exactly he lives or is by now, that country isn't that big... @mpkossen?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jarland said:

Ouchie

• @jarland said:

Is he behind some bars?

• Was it stolen hardware? Some of the prices were way below market.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Not sounding good for everyone involved.... classic case of 'if it's too good to be true' I guess.

edited February 2016

Basically my information is that he's in jail (reason being relatively tame). That's the short version of it. I have no reason to believe he was trying to scam anyone but you guys should probably seek refunds through whatever means necessary if you believe the item has not already been shipped.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jarland said:
    Basically my information is that he's in jail (reason being relatively tame). That's the short version of it. I have no reason to believe he was trying to scam anyone but you guys should probably seek refunds through whatever means necessary if you believe the item has not already been shipped.

Do you have an info when he might be back or if someone else can ship the machines for him?

Regards

@professionalxen said:
    Do you have an info when he might be back or if someone else can ship the machines for him?

Afraid I don't.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • edited February 2016

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

Great, time to contact paypal.

professionalxen said: Great, time to contact paypal.

Yeah, if you are able to fill them in on all of the details I'm sure they would see it differently.

• @professionalxen said:

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

Great, time to contact paypal.

What did you send it as friends and family?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @MSPNick said:
    What did you send it as friends and family?

Correct, however, I have included a note regarding what I am actually buying, we'll see how this goes/ends.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@professionalxen said:
    Correct, however, I have included a note regarding what I am actually buying, we'll see how this goes/ends.

Never, ever, do that. I prefer to pay the 4% fee because of this.

• Well thats your fault then, it says so right on the send page that friends & family has no buyer protection. You should not and will not receive any money back.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish GCat
  • I probably would have done a simple SEPA transfer within europe... there would have been no way of disputing that. lucky me he didn't answer my PM ;-)

^ The information I was hoping to share. Done.

Thanked by 3doughmanes GCat cassa
  • Nice.. battery.

Thanked by 2Junkless GCat
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Oh damn... Heh. Unfortunate situation. I'm glad I didn't buy anything from joodle. I hope he recovers and gets someway to get out of jail.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Ah, another thing. He mentioned he had a business partner, so his business partner should take care of it. No?

• @Falzo said:
    that's probably bad news, but maybe there are member from the netherlands around here, who may come to help. regarding where exactly he lives or is by now, that country isn't that big... mpkossen?

eh? What's going on?