Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some hardware for sale - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some hardware for sale

Comments

• JacobJacob Member
    edited February 2016

Doesn't sound too good, perhaps there should be some moderation on topics such as this @jarland? At minimum picture proof of the hardware.

@iKocka said:
    Has anybody, who ordered hardware from joodle, recieved it already? GLS courier failed to collect the server I bought today and he is not replying to my messages for three days.

• Jacob said: At minimum picture proof of the hardware.

Moderation is needed I feel like, picture proof should be sent to moderation team with the hardware and the posters name written on a piece of paper or something.

Thanked by 2MikePT support123
  • ExcelNodeExcelNode Member
    edited February 2016

Same situation, purchased some stuff, got something else. He is not responding ever since.
    Thought it was only me, seems someone else is affected as well.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

It would surprise me if this is intentional. Joodle has a pretty decent reputation and he also does a lot for the community.

• entrailz said: Joodle has a pretty decent reputation

Joodle is the guy who went around ripping LET provider's templates and posting them on warez sites. He is also convicted of calling in a bomb (?) threat to his school.

This might have been some years in the past but i'd still avoid doing business with him.

• gsrdgrdghd said: This might have been some years in the past but i'd still avoid doing business with him.

Don't forget he sells pirated content (Windows templates).

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Jacob said:
    Doesn't sound too good, perhaps there should be some moderation on topics such as this jarland? At minimum picture proof of the hardware.

I'd hold out a little longer. Questionable past or not, @joodle has been a fairly regular member here for some time and I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he's willing to throw it all away over this.

• Mine is also the same. Got this from parcel force the parcel doesn't exist. I did fear for the worst.

Dear Bradley

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry but the details that you have sent me do not include the parcel’s correct tracking reference number and without this, I am unable to track the item.

For International parcels the number will begin with 2 letters, followed by 9 numbers, followed by 2 letters.

This number can be obtained by contacting the sender. If you are the sender of the item, this number will have been provided by either the Post Office, the Collection Centre Operator, or the Collection Driver, depending on your method of posting. This tracking number is our only means of tracking the parcel.

I have checked on our system using the address details that you provided but we do not have a parcel for you held at our depot.

I’m sorry I cannot help you further at this time but I am confident that once we have the tracking number, we will be able to resolve your enquiry.

If you require any further information or assistance, please reply to this email showing all conversations we have had on this enquiry.

Our hours of business are Mon to Fri: 8am to 5:30pm

• Also regarding the bomb threat thing, joodle did mention that the package was held for investigation - probably why it's "missing"

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Yup, I am awaiting for joodle. This is extremely annoying.

• jarland said: I wouldn't jump to the conclusion

Yeah, we certainly have to wait for a response from Joodle, it might turn out that he is just ill or so.

However I hope everyone paid using Paypal with customer protection.

• iKockaiKocka Member
    edited February 2016

@jarland said:
    I'd hold out a little longer. Questionable past or not, joodle has been a fairly regular member here for some time and I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he's willing to throw it all away over this.

Cashing out a few thousand euros seems a good reason to throw it all away. I hope I'm wrong but I don't have a good feeling.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

Looks like I may well have doged a bullet here, was close to purchasing.

I would agree after this potentially being another occasion in just over a month of members being scammed on hardware that photos should be posted.

Thanked by 2netomx MikePT
  • Any 32 GB xeon available near Dallas? A friend is looking.

• BradNDBradND Member
    edited February 2016

I'm giving joodle till Monday for my items to arrive before opening a dispute (or at least a tracking number and receipt mine were shipped on the 2nd)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Zeniva said:
    Looks like I may well have doged a bullet here, was close to purchasing.

I would agree after this potentially being another occasion in just over a month of members being scammed on hardware that photos should be posted.

Same. But in my case Joodle dodged himself, as he replied he already didn't have the hardware I was interested to. I was looking to purchase all his i7 CPUs.

@ExcelNode said:
    Same situation, purchased some stuff, got something else. He is not responding ever since.
    Thought it was only me, seems someone else is affected as well.

Can you explain it further?

@jarland, is there any chance to get a new section to purchase/sell hardware?

• Well, if he intended to scam you all he would probably try to sell the same things to as many people as possible, and not say "sold, no longer available".

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • ExcelNodeExcelNode Member
    edited February 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    jarland, is there any chance to get a new section to purchase/sell hardware?

I purchased a Supermicro rackmount server, I got a tower server instead which was on someone else's name. Thought he shipped me the wrong item but he isn't responding ever since.
    As @rds100 said, if he intended that, he would try to sell as much as possible.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@rds100 said:
    Well, if he intended to scam you all he would probably try to sell the same things to as many people as possible, and not say "sold, no longer available".

Or avoiding messing with those that wouldn't be that easier to spam? You do have logic, though. Could be all planned. There's no absolut sure, only conspiracy for now :p

@ExcelNode said:

Correct. Did the tower have the same specs? Lower, righer?

• @MrGeneral said:

I didn't ask the DC staff to open and check it, however I can confirm it was not rackmount or had IPMI has he promised.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • BradNDBradND Member
    edited February 2016

So why are parcel force telling me the package doesn't exist nor was I provided a receipt or tracking number?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Does anybody have any way to contact him? It'd be great if he logged in just to say that he's still around LET.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Last time he got online was in 8th Feb.

@BradND said:
    So why are parcel force telling me the package doesn't exist nor was I provided a receipt or tracking number?

Yup, that makes no sense.

• Guys give him some time lets see where it leads us

• I don't think joodle would've ran?

I was private messaging him for some deals, his a good guy. Well I hope anyways...

@jarland I would make a requirement for photos to be posted

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Anyone heard anything new?

• It's becoming more and more apparent that he run away especially because nobody got the ordered hardware. I'm amazed how many people he managed to fool before it backfired. Time to ban him @jarland and impose stricter rules to avoid things like this to happen again in future.

• That will really help him explaining things here.

iKocka said: Time to ban him @jarland and impose stricter rules to avoid things like this to happen again in future.