Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Globalfrag: Please release my HDDs! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To Globalfrag: Please release my HDDs!

Comments

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2016

@raindog308 said:
    Oh c'mon, you have to tell us the details...

This is a guy who was looking for sub $20 Colo. I offered him something around 35 which is insanely cheap as he wasn't going to use much bandwidth. He mentioned that there was "a small amount of remote hands work needed"

Turns out he had gone around to different providers to ask for random spare parts or some crap and had the chassis, cpu, HDDs, ram, etc all over the US and was planning on shipping them individually... The "small remote hands" he required was to assemble the damn thing... Needless to say... never spoke to him again...

I don't think its much of a stretch to say story of his first equipment is equally retarded

• Jonchun said: Turns out he had gone around to different providers to ask for random spare parts or some crap and had the chassis, cpu, HDDs, ram, etc all over the US and was planning on shipping them individually... The "small remote hands" he required was to assemble the damn thing... Needless to say... never spoke to him again...

Quite excellent.

Seriously though, could no-one see that Thomas was a bit of a pillock?

Thanked by 3ATHK netomx MikePT
  • Jonchun said: The "small remote hands" he required was to assemble the damn thing

Damn. That's too small hands ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Seriously though, could no-one see that Thomas was a bit of a pillock?

theres so much shit going on at LET, i doubt everyone is capable of keeping up with it!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mark_R said: theres so much shit going on at LET, i doubt everyone is capable of keeping up with it!

We need some form of shite-tracker.

Thanked by 2Mark_R netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    We need some form of shite-tracker.

haha..

• ipv6 only https://github.com/lowendtalk/shite-tracker

Nekki said: We need some form of shite-tracker.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jonchun said: Turns out he had gone around to different providers to ask for random spare parts or some crap and had the chassis, cpu, HDDs, ram, etc all over the US and was planning on shipping them individually...

It's the LowEnd version of that Johnny Cash song, "One Piece at a Time".

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

From what he told me, he was helping some lad set up a dedicated server provider.the guy brought all the equipment and sent it to some DC under Tom's name. When the guy failed to pay for Tom's work, Tom took ownership of the guys equipment seeing as it was technically in his name at the DC. From what he told me, it's was quite a bit of monies worth of equipment.

And he's only 15. I've spoken to him over Skype voice and video chat and can confirm he's not of legal age to sign or agree to any contracts in the UK or the US.

I was going to do business with him but was deterred by his cockiness and lack of general knowledge.

Thanked by 3raindog308 Pwner netomx
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Mun said:
    Intelligence and trusting the right people were never your strong suits.

Oh this time he rented a server from me fortunately since its colo'ed I haven't lost much. Jonny's case is different though.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BharatB said: Oh this time he rented a server from me fortunately since its colo'ed I haven't lost much. Jonny's case is different though.

Sounds like your problem is that when you see $$$ signs your brain disengages.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And there are more stories, but afraid to post

• @netomx said:

Do it, we'd all love to hear.

• netomx said: And there are more stories, but afraid to post

Does he still owe you/have any of your stuff?

@Nekki said:
    Sounds like your problem is that when you see $$$ signs your brain disengages.

Not really I did it on a whim, drServer has my brain occupied enough :)

• BharatB said: Not really I did it on a whim

That sounds like brain disengagement to me.

Thanked by 4Mun Amitz Pwner Nyr
  • @Nekki said:

I love you .

• Mun said: I love you .

Feeling's mutual, sweetie-pie.

Thanked by 2ATHK Mun
  • globalfragglobalfrag Member
    edited February 2016

Hello Xiao

The drives are addressed to Tom as you said. Legally they belong to Tom and I have to stand by that. I don't know the arrangement between you and Tom and don't want to get involved.

Like I promised if nothing happens by March 1st I'll help to return them as promised by then. That is if Tom is still not up to date with his account.

Before then you have to push with Tom and try to get him to respond to you, if you want anything done sooner.

If you have any question you can email me directly as you have already.

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    Background: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74381/wanna-waste-your-time-2-deal-with-tinytunnel-tom

I shipped 4 HDDs to Globalfrag, but they always say "Tom owes us money, we are not going to release any hardware out of our DC."

I proved to Kazah that I am the really owner of these HDDs.

Then I got the reply:

I’m sorry, but we are not legally able to do that. The items to our view currently belongs to Tom and we can’t release any hardware until he pays what he owes.

We already have taken action on his account and if he doesn’t pay out by March 1st 2016. We can help release the HDD for you.

I understand that Globalfrag is Tom's victim too, but so am I. I did nothing wrong. To start my business I already ruined my whole December and January, why I have to ruin my WHOLE February? Why should I still stuck my HDDs for an extra month? Just because I filled Tom as the receiver when shipping?

I've dumped too many people who are interested in my services. Whenever I want to do anything ASAP, always got stuck. Now I feel that I am the Trumen, everyone is tricking on me.

To Globalfrag: I really hope you can release my HDDs soon.

@Nekki said:

Sigh

• globalfrag said: Hello Xiao

The drives are addressed to Tom as you said. Legally they belong to Tom and I have to stand by that. I don't know the arrangement between you and Tom and don't want to get involved.

Like I promised if nothing happens by March 1st I'll help to return them as promised by then. That is if Tom is still not up to date with his account.

Before then you have to push with Tom and try to get him to respond to you, if you want anything done sooner.

If you have any question you can email me directly as you have already.

Absolute shithousery.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2016

BharatB said: Sigh

For some reason I feel like you don't actually know what the word 'whim' means.

Thanked by 1ATHK

@Nekki said:
    For some reason I feel like you don;t actually know what the word 'whim' actually means.

It wasn't the correct term in the given context I guess, my vocab needs further improvement. :P

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BharatB said: It wasn't the correct term in the given context I guess, my vocab needs further improvement. :P

What word did you mean?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

netomx said: And there are more stories, but afraid to post

That's what new accounts and mailinator is for.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @globalfrag what if tom were to say they are indeed not his hard drives. Would you allow them to be released then ?

@Nekki said:
    What word did you mean?

Um maybe pity fits in but I'm not sure which one should I use, since I sold it without any margin.

• BharatB said: Um maybe pity fits in but I'm not sure which one should I use, since I sold it without any margin.

I don't even really know what to say.

Thanked by 1BharatB

@Nekki said:
    I don't even really know what to say.

Me neither :/

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited February 2016

@netomx said:

I am willing to lend you my account to post it, if you want! ;-)