Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EUR 9.99 VIA Nano dedicated server from Online.net - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EUR 9.99 VIA Nano dedicated server from Online.net

Comments

• @japon said: Well, then that's a simple error that can be fixed by the billing department.

You think i didnt contacted them about this? They charge setup

• @lbft said: Billing told me it's supposed to be there (I think, there's a bit of a language barrier).

Their ads and pricing table say there is not set-up fee.

• @japon said: Their ads and pricing table say there is not set-up fee.

Good luck with order :)

• @dosserversca said: You think i didnt contacted them about this? They charge setup

Let the EU Consumer Center for France know if they still charged you the set-up fee.

• @japon said: Let the EU Consumer Center for France know if they still charged you the set-up fee.

I will leave you the pleasure to contact them

• @dosserversca said: I will leave you the pleasure to contact them

I didn't order a server there and I won't as I don't need one.

• lbftlbft Member
    edited January 2013

@japon said: Their ads and pricing table say there is not set-up fee.

They just now said, and I quote, "This is only for french residents, rules are differents for international sales".

• tsantentsanten Member
    edited January 2013

They should not charge looking at their site but with Online.net always something go wrong.
    Looking from outside : they don't need your money .
    edit:

@lbft said: They said, and I quote, "This is only for french residents, rules are differents for international sale

Another way to sell only in France.

• Their ads and pricing table say there is not set-up fee.

Only for 12 month prepayments for International residents. If you want it monthly, you'll have to pay a 59.99 setup fee.

• @Wintereise said: Only for 12 month prepayments for International residents. If you want it monthly, you'll have to pay a 59.99 setup fee.

There's no option to choose 12 monthly.

• I believe charging different price for local residents and residents from other EU countries is illegal under EU law.

• @rds100 said: I believe charging different price for local residents and residents from other EU countries is illegal under EU law.

That is correct.

• tsantentsanten Member
    edited January 2013

Even selling only to french people until this week is ( accepting only french bank account is a way to not break the law on a superficial view).

• The French normally don't take it so seriously when it comes to obligations they have in the EU ;-)

• @skagerrak some of the EU rules are quite stupid to begin with, so maybe that's part of the reason :)

• I don't care much but its most like a EUROPEAN COALITION.

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2013

@rds100 said: some of the EU rules are quite stupid to begin with, so maybe that's part of the reason :)

Well, it were the French who 'invented' the EU ;-)

• @skagerrak it was the politics who invented the EU, not the people. And politics invent stupid things all the time ;-)

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited January 2013

@rds100 said: it was the politics who invented the EU, not the people. And politics invent stupid things all the time ;-)

I would generally agree to that. Nevertheless, in my eyes it makes still a small difference if the people can vote their president directly or not. Then again, I'm not really interested in politics, so I don't care much. Our praised democracy of today is just a dictatorship on time with some lobbying groups named political parties. ;-)

• @lbft said: There's no option to choose 12 monthly.

Throw in a ticket, I'm sure they'll be happy to take your (or anyone else's concerned for that matter) money.

• Agreed all

@skagerrak said: I would generally agree to that. Nevertheless, in my eyes it makes still a small difference if the people can vote their president directly or not. Then again, I'm not really interested in politics, so I don't care much. Our praised democracy of today is just a dictatorship on time with some lobbying groups named political parties. ;-)

If i can't vote you , your not representing me.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited January 2013

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=VIA+Nano+U2250+(1.6GHz+Capable) -> 377 Passmark
    http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Atom+230+@+1.60GHz -> 312 Passmark"

but...OVH frequently substitutes better processors for the Atom 230 when you order the €9.99 mKS 2G. My mKS 2G is an Atom N2800
    http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Atom+N2800+@+1.86GHz&id=616 > 672 Passmark

• @DomainBop said: but...OVH frequently substitutes better processors for the Atom 230 when you order the €9.99 mKS 2G. My mKS 2G is an Atom N2800

My too :D

• To be honest, most mKS 2g I've ever gotten 10 +/- 7 of the 10 have been n2800 and not the celeron or lessser atom proc.

• What is alphanumeric characters? When I try register, it shows "Login must contain only alphanumeric characters". I couldn't register. https://console.online.net/en/user/subscribe

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

i means only letters and numbers. Try latin alphabet.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

What is alphanumeric characters?

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

• is someone really willing to pay 10E/month for this?????

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/08/01/cKWNuLR5RWV87SCn

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Single core atoms are not much better. But I agree OVH has a better product overall, too bad it is not accessible to everyone...

• MatiMati Member
    edited September 2013

@Maounique said:
    Single core atoms are not much better. But I agree OVH has a better product overall, too bad it is not accessible to everyone...

if you can't get or can't wait for KS2G/KS4G then you can always get one or two VPSes (of course everything depends on the purpose of the server)

PS. That's true single core vs single core is not big difference.