Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter's SECRET STAFF Promotional Code - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter's SECRET STAFF Promotional Code

Comments

• 0xdragon said: @markturner, does that mean the stuff Steve never got back to me on can be sorted with @mikeyur?

I don't know what you discussed with Steve, but you can always reach out to Mike and see what he can do for you.

• I put my order (302241418) in on Monday and my payment was accepted. It's been 3 days and I haven't heard anything. Is that normal? Should I be concerned?

• david said: I put my order (302241418) in on Monday and my payment was accepted. It's been 3 days and I haven't heard anything. Is that normal? Should I be concerned?

It may take up to 4 days. 1 day to do the fraud check and approve and 3 days to provision. Although provisioning is usually much faster than that if you use a standard setup without customization.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Well, it's a standard setup. Not sure about the fraud check. I guess since they never contacted me I passed? I have literally heard nothing since they accepted my payment.

• sinsin Member

@mikeyur Are the cpu cores dedicated on the Cloud Resource plans?

• david said: I put my order (302241418) in on Monday and my payment was accepted. It's been 3 days and I haven't heard anything. Is that normal? Should I be concerned?

You ordered on 25th January, order was reviewed on 26th then three business days would be 27/28/29.

You will receive your order by close of business on Friday.

• sin said: @mikeyur Are the cpu cores dedicated on the Cloud Resource plans?

Yes

Thanked by 2sin vimalware
  • MarkTurner said: You ordered on 25th January, order was reviewed on 26th then three business days would be 27/28/29.

You will receive your order by close of business on Friday.

Very good, thanks.

• Just wondering, is the free upgrade to 24GB ram still valid for yearly payments for the BL260c E5420?

• Saragoldfarb said: Just wondering, is the free upgrade to 24GB ram still valid for yearly payments for the BL260c E5420?

It expires tomorrow night.

• @MarkTurner said:

Cheers! Just in time :) I'll discuss it real quick and probably pick one up later tonight.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Does the 2x500 GB server come with sw or hw raid? If hw: can someone provide some disk benchmarks please?

• pechspilz said: Does the 2x500 GB server come with sw or hw raid? If hw: can someone provide some disk benchmarks please?

BL260c doesn't have a hardware RAID controller, but presents the two disks as native SATA disks so you can use software RAID.

Thanked by 1pechspilz
  • @pechspilz said:
    Does the 2x500 GB server come with sw or hw raid? If hw: can someone provide some disk benchmarks please?

There's no HW raid on the BL260c

Thanked by 1pechspilz
  • Not a review because I've only had my server for a day ($60/Q - 2X500GB - 16GB of RAM - Gigabit at 6 TB/m) but the staff have had no issues answering my friend's pre-sale questions and even helped up solve a problem with provisioning the OS. Getting the server took 3 days. Running a few game servers on it (CS:GO) and no issues so far. Review coming in later months. Just a small insider's look into setup/pre-sales.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner mike0000
  • How can I apply promotional code for 16GB to 24GB of RAM upgrade?
    When I apply it in order page, there's no change in cart summary.

• DaipuX said: How can I apply promotional code for 16GB to 24GB of RAM upgrade? When I apply it in order page, there's no change in cart summary.

If you're ordering yearly with that code, the 24GB will be applied manually. You can also add it to the notes if you want.

Thanked by 1DaipuX
  • @DaipuX said:
    How can I apply promotional code for 16GB to 24GB of RAM upgrade?
    When I apply it in order page, there's no change in cart summary.

Just select annual billing and drop the coupon RAMJAMFULL into the coupon box & hit submit. It won't update any totals or change anything, but as long as you don't get an error like "this product is ineligible" then it has been applied.

Thanked by 1DaipuX
  • Just got my server (3 1/2 days). Looks good so far. I'll post some benchmarks shortly in a new thread.

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • @david said:
    Just got my server (3 1/2 days). Looks good so far. I'll post some benchmarks shortly in a new thread.

Thanks David. Enjoy :)

• I posted it here:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/74426/delimiter-hp-bl260c-e5420-16gb-2x500gb-benchmarks-and-initial-impression

One thing to note; the hard drives are old. The first one has 10133 hours (1.15 years) and the second one has 14853 hours (1.69 years).

• So netomx works for delimiter? Why didn't the staff thank me for opening tickets?

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Thanks! I am going to try.

• How does service renewal payments and invoicing work?

Do you need to add to your balance or pay an invoice. My server's up for renewal on the first and don't like to get suspended.

mikeyur said: Thanks David. Enjoy :)

• My only issue with them is their IPv4 is pretty expensive, costing like a dollar each.

@mikeyur if I am able to show you I obtained cheaper IPv4 from Dacentec would you be able to pricematch that?

• GM2015 said: Do you need to add to your balance or pay an invoice. My server's up for renewal on the first and don't like to get suspended.

Pay on invoice - should come a few days before the due date.

spammy said: My only issue with them is their IPv4 is pretty expensive, costing like a dollar each.

Its cheap, IPv4 prices will only go up in price this year.

spammy said: @mikeyur if I am able to show you I obtained cheaper IPv4 from Dacentec would you be able to pricematch that?

IPs are non-discountable.

Thanked by 2GM2015 spammy
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@tr1cky said:
    So netomx works for delimiter? Why didn't the staff thank me for opening tickets?

I am netoStevemx

• @Markturner

Ah so just the way you route them as opposed to virtulisation being dis-allowed on them.

If you are actually routing the IP's rather than doing a horrible version of bridging which /32's (Yes OVH I am looking at you) then actually what i'd probably do is simply run a router VM with a virtual network connection to the host only, then I'd modify the host routing table to next hop that 2nd /32 to the VM. (Using an RFC1918 /30 for the linknet between the host and the VM)

I'd configure NAT on that router in such a way that all traffic originating from it and the hosts behind it get natted to that public IP...

• Nekki said: I can sort you out some 'educational' videos if you like?

Once again the LET notification system fails us all. That's okay I think I am good with my Japanese schoolgirl and the eight armed tentacle monster from planet marzipan "educational" videos.

Too bad the coupon did not give a free year of the resource pool lol. I could make some use of that one. :P

• DaipuXDaipuX Member
    edited January 2016

What does '1 Addon IP(Not for virtialisation)' mean? (In order page)

Can I use additional IP for proxmox virtualized server?