Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter's SECRET STAFF Promotional Code - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter's SECRET STAFF Promotional Code

Comments

• mikeyur said: I'll get it added to the other panel sometime this weekend.

Its done

• Use coupon "nekki" to double the cost of your servers and get a pack of fish n chips delivered to your doorstep five years from now on!

• I am hoping @mikeyur will do the 'popcorn' promo soon, maybe have to save that for a refugee offer though ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2016

GM2015 said: Use coupon "nekki" to double the cost of your servers and get a pack of fish n chips delivered to your doorstep five years from now on!

[insert inappropriate joke here]

• @Nekki said:

Who would dress as a bear - you or the client?

• luissousa said: Who would dress as a bear - you or the client?

Good question - @mikeyur, who's going to be the bear? If it helps, I already have a bear costume with all the appropriate access panels installed.

• @MarkTurner said:
    I am hoping mikeyur will do the 'popcorn' promo soon, maybe have to save that for a refugee offer though ;)

Soon™

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Nekki said: Good question - @mikeyur, who's going to be the bear? If it helps, I already have a bear costume with all the appropriate access panels installed.

Did he agree travel costs?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

MarkTurner said: Did he agree travel costs?

Stream it and sell tickets and it'll pay for itself.

I suggest a ticket price of $7.

Thanked by 2Nekki netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Damn! And I bought a server last month :(

Whats the discount on my coupon?

• wwabbitwwabbit Member
    edited January 2016

netomx said: Whats the discount on my coupon?

1%

Thanked by 2netomx sipe
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@wwabbit said:

On someone else's company, i got 90 % :p

• @netomx LowEndCoupon... Seem your coupon don't worth much! :)
    (kidding!)

Thanked by 2netomx ehab
  • Nekki said: luissousa said: Who would dress as a bear - you or the client?

Why can't it be both?

• AuroraZ said: Why can't it be both?

Thats not part of the promotion, but is available for a small upgrade cost.

Thanked by 2drazilox switsys
  • Why on the individual extra IP's does it say not for Virtualisation?

Is there a Mac limit per port that would exclude the 2nd IP being used for this purpose?

• dragon2611 said: Why on the individual extra IP's does it say not for Virtualisation?

/32's are just single IP subnets. Most people want to use KVM/Xen/VMWare in bridged configuration so you just have to set IP address/netmask/gateway on a VM and the host system bridges the traffic to the network.

/32's requires routing because they are routed to your host's primary interface, so for Xenserver/VMWare you would have to setup a router, move your primary IP to the router and so on. For KVM/Xen you could configuring routing on the Dom0 and then on the VMs manually configuring the routing back, you'd need to setup default route by device name rather than IP. Most people don't have the expertise to do this and normally end up in a mess.

The non-kludge way to do it, just buy a subnet then you can create the VMs and bridge the traffic right out. It doesn't require any config hell.

Do note however /32's do work with OpenVZ due to the way OpenVZ sets up routing on the box.

Thanked by 2Akito vimalware
  • AuroraZ said: Why can't it be both?

Now hold up - that takes it from being fun, costume-based raping to furry-ism, which is just sick.

• I would not know about such things. I have lead to much of sheltered life it seems. I will have to defer to your expertise in these matters.

• I would not know about such things. I have lead to much of sheltered life it seems. I will have to defer to your expertise in these matters.

I can sort you out some 'educational' videos if you like?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Where did those unmetered bandwidth plans go? I remember seeing them on black friday

• @Ruriko said:
    Where did those unmetered bandwidth plans go? I remember seeing them on black friday

We had 1 unmetered plan - 100mbps with the E3-1225v3 @ $39/mo. I've received a ton of requests for gigabit, so I had all remaining stock switched over to 10TB @ 1Gbps.

• @mikeyur said:
    We had 1 unmetered plan - 100mbps with the E3-1225v3 @ $39/mo. I've received a ton of requests for gigabit, so I had all remaining stock switched over to 10TB @ 1Gbps.

I don't suppose you'll have any unmetered plans in your limited time sale soon??

• Does the HP BL260c have a hardware RAID controller?

• @Ruriko said:
    I don't suppose you'll have any unmetered plans in your limited time sale soon??

No plans at the moment, I'm not even sure how the E3 offer got approved to be honest. If you're interested in the E3 w/ unmetered 100mbps just let me know, could probably still get it provisioned that way for you as the product code is still available.

@david said:
    Does the HP BL260c have a hardware RAID controller?

No HW RAID unfortunately

• I put my order in for one with the dual drives. I saved 60¢ with NETOMX.

• david said: I put my order in for one with the dual drives. I saved 60¢ with NETOMX.

Woohoo! Depending on where you live you maybe able to get a coffee with that :)

Thanked by 2netomx switsys
  • to be honest i don't think it's a bad deal especially with the already decent price :)

• @markturner, does that mean the stuff Steve never got back to me on can be sorted with @mikeyur?