Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter's SECRET STAFF Promotional Code
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter's SECRET STAFF Promotional Code

luissousaluissousa Member
edited January 2016 in General

Hurry up, just got this email:

**Exclusive Coupon

Some of you heard about a Delimiter "secret staff discount code", so we decided to announce it publicly. Use the coupon NETOMX and get an exclusive discount on ANY Delimiter product, recurring for life. Expires: 29/01/2016 (1 week from today)"

<joke> Looks like it existed after all! </joke>

You can also use the RAMJAMFULL on annual billing on their BL260c - Dual E5420's and get increase from 16GB to 24GB of RAM ;)

Comments

• I never got the email :o

• Thought you guys might like that promo code :)

@Ruriko It only went out to folks who sub'd to the flash sales email list (it's in my sig).

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

I've got one of those promo'd dual e5420 with 16gb ddr2, 1tb disk on $20/m down from $30/m.

Can netomx bring down further the renewal fee?

mikeyur said: Thought you guys might like that promo code :)

@Ruriko It only went out to folks who sub'd to the flash sales email list (it's in my sig).

• What is a secret when I can find it on the Internet !?

• @mikeyur is there any options of upgrading bandwidth?

• @GM2015 said:
    I've got one of those promo'd dual e5420 with 16gb ddr2, 1tb disk on $20/m down from $30/m.

Only for new purchases.

• Does this apply to Object Storage? I tried the code but it said it does not exist.

• not that big a discount 30cents :)

• @GM2015 said:

Don't worry, you're not missing out on anything anyways. It's only a 1% discount (so $0.30 on a $30 server).

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @Ruriko said:
    mikeyur is there any options of upgrading bandwidth?

Not at the moment, no. Our configs are pretty 'set' right now - minimal upgrades/plan changes.

Delimiter had some problems in the past with delivery times slipping (not a secret), so I'm doing what I can to make sure everything is pre-racked in set configurations. So once an order passes fraud checking it can immediately be provisioned (within 1 business day is the goal I'm aiming for, our average this week for set configs is <6 hours).

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Dylan said:
    Don't worry, you're not missing out on anything anyways. It's only a 1% discount (so $0.30 on a $30 server).

Heh. Was waiting for someone to finally post the amount. The rest of the deals in the email were a bit more enticing than the promo code.

@hellogoodbye - I'll get it added to the other panel sometime this weekend.

• @mikeyur said:

I thought of it as a joke, just to say the code actually existed - and made a good laugh of it!

Thanked by 2mike0000 GM2015
  • @mikeyur said:

That's fine! I don't think the promo will make much of a dent in the price in that case. I already have a 500GB storage plan with Backupsy but I was intrigued by the whole object storage idea since I've never used it; figured I might give it a try if the discount was decent. Would love to see some screenshots of the interface actually.

• Delimiter owned by CC ? ( https://cc.delimiter.com )

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Delimiter owned by CC ? ( https://cc.delimiter.com )

ColoCrossing owns the world

• @hellogoodbye said:
    That's fine! I don't think the promo will make much of a dent in the price in that case. I already have a 500GB storage plan with Backupsy but I was intrigued by the whole object storage idea since I've never used it; figured I might give it a try if the discount was decent. Would love to see some screenshots of the interface actually.

There's no web interface at the moment. Just endpoint + access key + secret key. You plug it into an app like Cyberduck, Transmit, S3browser, s3cmd, etc and manage it from there - create buckets/upload & manage files/edit ACLs. I use it a lot with my screenshot tool to auto upload / switch ACL to public on file / copy URL.

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Delimiter owned by CC ? ( https://cc.delimiter.com )

LOL. Or it could stand for Client Centre :)

• Sounds neat. I'll have to look into it some more when I don't have a 7:30AM conference to attend in the morning :)

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • wwabbitwwabbit Member
    edited January 2016

@mikeyur Can I change my current $20/mo E5420 to $200/yr annual billing for the free RAM upgrade?

• @wwabbit said:
    mikeyur Can I change my current $20/mo E5420 to $200/yr annual billing for the free RAM upgrade?

PM'd

• edited January 2016

@mikeyur Any dedi with powerful cpu with like 16 GB and free incoming? I don't care for the rest. Would be nice if the port would be a shared 1 gbit.

EDIT: I enter to your website it displays me text in Spanish ( I'm from Buenos Aires). Then I turn on the Ramnode Atlanta VPN and it shows me German stuff...
    Seems like there are some coding flaws...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Traffic said:
    netomx

Muissosa trolled me :(

• @inthecloudblog said:
    mikeyur Any dedi with powerful cpu with like 16 GB and free incoming? I don't care for the rest. Would be nice if the port would be a shared 1 gbit.

Nothing with free incoming. All current offers are on the site, all with 5-10TB @ 1Gbps.

• @mikeyur I already paying E5420 $200/yr from the black friday promo. Is it possible to get the free ram upgrade?

• @inthecloudblog said:
    EDIT: I enter to your website it displays me text in Spanish ( I'm from Buenos Aires). Then I turn on the Ramnode Atlanta VPN and it shows me German stuff...
    Seems like there are some coding flaws...

Hah, more than a few. New website is in the works. The link to HostBill with all offers is in my sig.

@Ruriko said:
    mikeyur I already paying E5420 $200/yr from the black friday promo. Is it possible to get the free ram upgrade?

PM'd

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @mikeyur has been very informative and nice .

Good job man !!

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Starting to like this Post-Steve Era of delimiter

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I never minded when it wasn't pre-racked... they made mistakes that worked out in my favour! (ordered 16GB RAM, 1tb? - got 32GB RAM, 2tb)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent