Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Q4 2015] Top Provider Poll - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Q4 2015] Top Provider Poll

Comments

• +Ramnode +OVH(Kimsufi) +Quickpacket

Thanked by 1qps
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2016

Positive: ABC-Hosters.com, OVH

Negative: BuyVM

Had some dispute with Aldric (or what his name was) and later with @Francisco. Ordered my vps first without vpn but my order got cancelled by that fkin automated billing system as I entered germany as my residence (which it still is) but ordered from australia as i am traveling. Due to this I ordered with VPN and gave it another try. This time it worked but my vps was terminated the same day as apparently that was against the TOS so my payment was revoked. Yes, I didn't read the TOS at that point but if i were to read every single TOS of an order I take I would surely be part of that 1% of humanity that does this. I ordered from buyvm as they are reputable. Anyway it ended with me not getting the vps and my paypal being banned by the order system. I got refunded so that's ok. Recently i have been with ABC-Hosters.com @rickey39 and he instead of cancelling my order has contacted me and asked wheter I was using a VPN which I of course did. We got ourselves a deal and it worked out to the satisfaction of the both of us. That's what I call a smooth ordering process. Shouldn't one be able to take an order when traveling? Why does the buyvm system not accept orders with diversive order and residential geolocation? Is the possibility of a webdev in need of a vps while being abroad not considered?

Well that really turned me down that day. Nonetheless I still think buyvm services itself are attractive however i probably wont be ordering there anymore.

• Positive: Aruba, bandwagonhost, peakservers

• Positive : Hostigation, Letbox
    Negative : -

Thanked by 1letbox
  • TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited January 2016

Positive:

DeepnetSolutions (GestionDBI)

OVH

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Positive: RamNode, OVH

Negative: BuyVM

About BuyVM:
    I had a conflict with them (mostly because of Aldryc). This provider do not even know how to resolve issues with their clients. If they will have a choice "ban or help", they will select ban. I've opened dispute with them and get my money back, and get a big stress because of their attention to their clients, and especially me. (i've used a lot of providers, and never saw anything similar as they doing). What about services: they are cheap, and they are very active at different communities, this is only strong part of them, nothing more and special. About their VPSes -> not really so good as advertised, i saw much faster / better (even with OVH) services. About DDoS Protection: permanent lags since 2012 or 2013 (do not remember date) up to current date (my friend still have services with them, and blame them a lot every time when he have issues with packetloss), about BuyShared -> looks good and very cheap and fast, i'm still not found anything similar in that price range.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited January 2016

Positive:-

1)HostUS
    2)EvoBurst/VirtWire
    3)ArubaCloud

if there were a extra vote then Ramnode this time i replaced with Arubacloud let give them a chance

Thanked by 2AutoSnipe AlexanderM
  • Positive:

1. HostUS
    2. Time4VPS
    3. hostsolutions.ro

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Only used Ethernet Servers, so my positive review for them.

• emgemg Veteran

I am voting for providers with whom I have actual working experience. That's why these names may be not be as familiar to others.

POSITIVE:

• BitAccel - They keep improving their hardware at the same great price. They upgraded my VPS to full SSD. Their customer communications have have been exemplary in recent months.
    • TotalServerSolutions - Which took over my grandfathered, low-end-but-great, FrontRangeHosting KVM VPS. Service has been very good this year.

NEGATIVE:

• BlueVM - My experience with them was the worst. It was so bad that I walked away from my BlueVM VPS even though I had prepaid for a longer term.
    Thanked by 1switsys
  • GromGrom Member
    edited January 2016

POSITIVE: BuyVM.net 128kvm \w filtered ip (05/31/2015 - 05/01/2016 will definitely renew!) :p

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • ehabehab Member
    edited January 2016

since only 3 then those +'s gave good support/price/credit , no bullshit , good network

Positive ) GestionDBI ,Inception Hosting, zxhost

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Positive: RamNode Prometeus

• Positive:

1. Online.net

2. OVH

3. RamNode

• lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
    edited January 2016

Positive:

1 Rebelhosting -

• Have had 1.6 years uptime on dedi and have only had good service from this provider

2 BuyVM

• Supports great, always providers great follow up and always informs of issue a head of time.

3 gomach5

• Great support service and very fast deployment for dedicated server.
  • Positive:
    1) Hostus
    2) online

Negative:
    3) vultr

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Positive:

• DeepNet Solutions/GestionDBI
    • Inception Hosting
    • Yourserver.se
    Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • WeblogicsWeblogics Member
    edited January 2016

Positive

Ramnode - 3 years with them and not one single issue to report. Can't say anymore then what has already been recently said - and in every past poll.

My Custom Hosting - One of the best and underrated providers. Although it did not affect my VPS, MCHPhil's professional handling and transparency to his customers via regular email updates when one of his servers had a hard drive power connector go south on New Years Eve was an impressive display of customer service.

OVH - Their new standard VPS and Public Cloud offerings are tough to beat in terms of offerings and performance vs cost. I know for many, they have a love to hate feeling about OVH, but so far my experience has been positive. I think that as OVH expands into the USA with their new data centers, they are going to shake up the dedicated server and VPS industry in a positive way. Bonus for OVH as they invoice in CAD dollars.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil Nick_A
  • Positive: ImpactVPS, hostus, flipperhost

• ReeRee Member

Positive Luna Node, RamNode, BuyVM

Thanked by 2Francisco hbjlee17
  • Positive: Online.net, Prometeus, Leaseweb

• positive, Bandwagonhost, Virmach
    negative, Jumpline very expensive, and too much downtime.

• Positive:

1. vpsdime.com

2. online.net

3. hostus.us

Negative:

Delimiter VPS

• foxezfoxez Member
    edited January 2016

Positive:

RamNode, (Virtwire) Evoburst

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • RAMNODE gets my +

• positive: ovh, vmbox, verelox

Thanked by 2Verelox StevenN
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited January 2016

Positive: Dacentec, Hetzner

Negative: Online.net for busted billing system & refusing to honor ToS in regard to paying via Paypal for dedicated server (the limitations on who can pay via paypal wasn't and maybe still isn't specified in that ToS)

(ed: positive honorable mention to Conoha (removed to make room for online.net's negative), hostsolutions.ro, which has improved some godawful amt since i first started on there some 9 mo? or so ago, & zappiehost for making me a nice, cheap custom VPS for personal proxy in new zealand.

near negative (used to be positive) on oneprovider's new VPS service. i had 5 tier 2 VPS there at one point, but gradually dismissed them as their 'locations' chart would show japan, mexico city, etc. open, & then interface wouldn't allow me to build at these locations without upgrading my vps. crap ploy, esp. without having ability to make snapshot.

removed negative from BoltVM for deadpooling, so i can have two positives =/)

Thanked by 1Zappie
  • Positive: Inception Hosting, Afterburst, Ramnode

I want to mention more providers =/

• positive: ramnode for stability, leaseweb (SG) super fast from Indonesia ;-)

• Positive:

• Dediserve
    • VirtWire/EvoBurst
    • servdiscount
    Thanked by 2AutoSnipe dediserve
This discussion has been closed.