Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everytime i find a new provider with DDOS protection i get hit with DDOS attack - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Everytime i find a new provider with DDOS protection i get hit with DDOS attack

13»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

krs360 said: Makes sense I guess, taking out your comms.

That almost makes it sound cool and cyberhacker and elite ops and blackhat and art of war and stuff.

But I think they just call 'em booters.

• But how can I be mlgprosniper420xx if I don't ddos their teamspeak???

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@TheOnlyDK said:
    davidgestiondbi can probably help you.

If you do want to get his servers, Traffic can help you with a special deal.

I never have the time to post than Traffic already place his website -_-'

Thanks anyway for the mention ;)

If you want to check our VPS with SLA and Premium support: https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/premium-vps.html

Our location with DDoS Protection, Montreal, Canada and New Jersey, USA. However MTL have a higher DDoS Protection rate with up to 480Gbps.

Regards, David

• voxility fr locations have random packetloss at last 2 month in their network. Their standart filtering is good, but not perfect. If you wish to find a host in NL / FR with Voxility, be sure, you will lag and have a lot of downtime's until they fix their issues with network at evenings. I though in past voxility is great provider & have good network, but it's not for me anymore due to different random lags, disconnects, downtime's at their FR / NL locations. Only few networks rock solid against ddos attacks in my own experience:

* Hosteam.pl
    * OVH Network (game)
    * Psychz Networks

I've tried a lot of providers over all:

* ramnode
    * buyvm
    * hosteam.pl
    * ovh (game / pro)
    * blazingfast
    * Psychz
    * incapsula ddos protected vps
    * ddos-guard.net ddos protected vps
    * staminum ddos protected VPS
    * zare

each of them have cons and pros.
    try to remove your headache and confusion with ddos attacks with good providers (usually they are not cheap). You got a lot of good suggestions here.

• Hosteam in Poland is used by many for TS, OVH GAME protection is also very good for it.

• hosteam.pl very greats for ts3 :)

• tr1cky said: BlazingFast - Standard Voxility, nothing custom, so not really good

They give you access to custom rules like in OVH. I survived 45Gbps attack on BF (I hosted game server with website - both got attacked). On OVH you are able to resist much bigger traffic, but I experienced only about 10-15Gbps attacks on customers servers and writing scripts that used OVH API i defended infrastructure in few minutes (was down for 40 seconds).

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited January 2016

Blazingfast several times save my ass with my gameserver opening dates. Usually all ddos protected providers got died so fast at this date (i've tried all in post above, and all failed), but these guys tank all power of shit, i did't ask how big was attack, but when i was use services like online.net and staminus, i saw a power of attacks ~32 - 65Gbit/s at another but similar opening dates. So, maybe something similar like that they was tank without issues in day x for me.

• NickLNickL Member
    edited January 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    NickL yes they do, email the sales team for a quote for guaranteed uptime, fully managed and redundancy for a voice server that is under constant attack.

At some point people need to understand jumping between penny hosts is not the answer to your problem.

Right, I personally don't use pennyhosts, but I am looking for a bullet proof layer 4 DDoS protected dedicated server provider for less than $500/mo. I can do the layer 7 mitigation myself.

Right now, that's not currently possible.

I am considering just leasing an entire rack or half rack @ vox with some people in a sort of "group lease"

Also, I can assure you that SoftLayer will not tank 50-100Gb/s attacks constantly even with their "redundancy". If they guaranteed X up time, they will probably just refund you.

• NickLNickL Member
    edited January 2016

@ceibaNet said:
    ddos is a tricky subject, your server can have ddos protection but it can still be affected. Really depends on the amount of data the protection can filter out. Some are much better than others of course.
    All companies are hit with ddos, even tech giants can't fully stop them.

You're exactly right, claiming DDOS protection and actually having it be effective are two very different things.

The true tech giants can fully stop DDoS pretty effectively, simply because they can handle as much real traffic as the size of the attack, and probably much much more.

• NickL said: Also, I can assure you that SoftLayer will not tank 50-100Gb/s attacks constantly even with their "redundancy".

That depends entirely on your budget, with enough digits SL will tank anything for any timeframe.

NickL said: The true tech giants can fully stop DDoS pretty effectively, simply because they can handle as much real traffic as the size of the attack, and probably much much more.

You can only buy a rather specific but for most abstract BW amount without running your own global network (~250G+), being limited by the smallest upstream shared by a lot of your users and the attackers (i.e. something you cannot just blackhole by ASN).

Google with a lot of POPs and cold potato routing can carry large attacks (and also has to) however companies like Netflix/Valve which are present on some IXs but generally do BW by transit are ultimately limited by what their transit providers have available - You cannot just go and add 100G Level3 in a Tier2 POP and even in a Tier1 POP this only works so many times until they have no more backhaul capacity to anywhere.

This also heavily depends on traffic/content, Google can distribute nicely via simple reverse proxy means while Valve needs large storage clusters (dl) & low latency (own game servers) so is rather location dependent, etc. etc.

• @William said:

Right, if you spend enough money I am sure they will build you your own data center as well. Lets try to be pragmatic here...'

You are right, in theory if an attacker had a very strong localized attack they could disrupt services for a small geographical area, but never globally for these kinds of big operations.

If the attacker wanted to do that, would probably be more effective hitting off the residential lines.

• @NickL said:
    This should be moved to cest pit. SoftLayer has absolutely zero DDoS protection, and is known to be one of the #1 spam providers in the world.

Your whole account should be moved to the cest pit

• What's wrong with OVH?

• @VPSAddict said:
    What's wrong with OVH?

Nothing, besides the constant and random downtime intervals or the lack of effective DDoS protection.

So basically if you need good hardware at a good price, but don't care about mission critical network conditions then OVH is actually a really good host.

• You can always try https://dosarrest.com/solutions/ :)
    They have helped out my friend who is running a gaming community webproject really fast and prevented any further downtimes.

• +1 for Hosteam.pl. My friend has a dedi, they host a teamspeak server and get hit a lot by DDoS attacks. Hosteam.pl handles it all so far.

• edited January 2016

@Vita said:
    +1 for Hosteam.pl. My friend has a dedi, they host a teamspeak server and get hit a lot by DDoS attacks. Hosteam.pl handles it all so far.

that's good.

• @NickL said:
    This should be moved to cest pit. SoftLayer has absolutely zero DDoS protection, and is known to be one of the #1 spam providers in the world.

I just don't get you... You bitch out OVH yet still use them. You claim to be the industry leader yet nobody has heard of you... I'm pretty sure if you pay SoftLayer enough they'd get some mitigation in for you...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

NickL said: So basically if you need good hardware at a good price, but don't care about mission critical network conditions

This was started because of a team speak server I believe, haha!

• Let me get this straight... @NickL is trying to run a DDoS protection company when he can barely code and is trying to rent a server from another provider w/ DDoS protection???

• NetZDarkNetZDark Member
    edited January 2016

Blazingfast it's shit for host ts3, they have 10000 problem in 1 days.

• @desperand said:
    voxility fr locations have random packetloss at last 2 month in their network. Their standart filtering is good, but not perfect. If you wish to find a host in NL / FR with Voxility, be sure, you will lag and have a lot of downtime's until they fix their issues with network at evenings. I though in past voxility is great provider & have good network, but it's not for me anymore due to different random lags, disconnects, downtime's at their FR / NL locations. Only few networks rock solid against ddos attacks in my own experience:

* Hosteam.pl
    * OVH Network (game)
    * Psychz Networks

I've tried a lot of providers over all:

* ramnode
    * buyvm
    * hosteam.pl
    * ovh (game / pro)
    * blazingfast
    * Psychz
    * incapsula ddos protected vps
    * staminum ddos protected VPS
    * zare

each of them have cons and pros.
    try to remove your headache and confusion with ddos attacks with good providers (usually they are not cheap). You got a lot of good suggestions here.

Hosteam.pl the kvm or openvz?

• oalarooalaro Member
    edited January 2016

@NetZDark said:
    Hosteam.pl the kvm or openvz?

I use KVM since I have 400+ people on my teampspeak and I can afford it. But I think openvz will be fine. Had a guy come and boast about having 25Gbps+ booting power. Only saw about 8-10 mbps on leaked traffic from the attack.

Thanked by 1NetZDark
  • NetZDarkNetZDark Member
    edited January 2016

@desperand said:

>
    lmao 1.5tbps

Smoke everyday