Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Poland starting from $1.3/month | Dedicated from $16/month | SlaskDatacenter.pl - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Poland starting from $1.3/month | Dedicated from $16/month | SlaskDatacenter.pl

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

From Hetzner:

[root@panel ~]# wget http://lg.sldc.pl/1GB.test
    --2015-12-28 07:04:38--  http://lg.sldc.pl/1GB.test
    Resolving lg.sldc.pl... 178.19.104.10
    Connecting to lg.sldc.pl|178.19.104.10|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1000000000 (954M)
    Saving to: “1GB.test”

100%[====================================>] 1,000,000,000 41.6M/s   in 25s

2015-12-28 07:05:03 (38.2 MB/s) - “1GB.test” saved [1000000000/1000000000]

Don't know why it gets good Speed from Germany !

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Got a VPS of $1.3 Monthly to check out the Speeds ! After seeing that speed, I'm afraid to get a Server !

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Got a VPS of $1.3 Monthly to check out the Speeds ! After seeing that speed, I'm afraid to get a Server !

you are not born to be a racer, you have a phobia of watching fast and furious. leave the speed to the professional.

• can i run seedbox on it? i mean Poland is ok?

• With that crappy network, sure you can run seedbox ^_^

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

Wont be "seeding" much. More like dying

• @rokok said:
    With that crappy network, sure you can run seedbox ^_^
    @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Wont be "seeding" much. More like dying

download to my home seems good i get 7000KB/s on my 10MB internet. and by seedbox i just dont bother seeding i want is a converted torrent link to downloadable http link, yes i stop seeding once its completed.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    Hello.
    Please send us scan of your ID, passport or driving license. We need to validate your account. If we will not receive it we cancel order. 
    If order will be ready and when we will receive abuses we block server after one abuse. Also when the number of packets will be to huge (over 100k per 50Mb/s) we will block server.

Bit of a hostile greeting lol. Their first non automated statement to me.

• If I check IPv6, how many IPv6 addresses can I get? Thanks.

• @jarland

Got exactly the same message.
    Guess its not automated but still copy & paste.

Odd company.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland said:

Hello.
    > Please send us scan of your ID, passport or driving license. We need to validate your account. If we will not receive it we cancel order. 
    > If order will be ready and when we will receive abuses we block server after one abuse. Also when the number of packets will be to huge (over 100k per 50Mb/s) we will block server.

Bit of a hostile greeting lol. Their first non automated statement to me

I got the same. Probably it's a bit suspecious that many english clients order at the same time, as they haven't posted an english offer anywhere.

Thanked by 3jar vimalware Rolter
  • Got one & ID ready to send.

We are a suspicious lot, and the fact it's all one referrer domain, makes sense to protect themselves. I'm sure they don't understand the fact we hoard servers to idle, not sure I do, but I do participate!

Thanked by 3jar MikePT Rolter
  • William said: This is law in Poland. Only EU VAT registered companies pay no VAT in Poland, non-VAT registered end-users/companies inside AND outside Poland AND outside the EU pay Polish VAT.

I have my business registered, and not paying VAT. They asked me to send them a photo copy of my ID card. But still i am waiting them to setup my dedi.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2015

If they accept a expired ID?

• @Infinity580 said:
    If they accept a expired ID?

If I were them or working there, I would.

A form of expired govt. ID + established GitHub or LinkedIn I'd accept any day above a poorly made darknet ID.

Shows it's likely the user, and trying to authenticate, rather than someone who threw a few BTC around on an Eastern European forum.

Easy to spot anomalies if you've seen enough, or better have the actual ID or passport they're trying to forge. Lack of proper font spacing (plus many other things) FTW when working in Abuse.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Kris said: and the fact it's all one referrer domain

Surely if they went as far as checking what's the referrer domain, they could just open this actual thread and see what's going on? Or perhaps even register here on LET and start answering questions. Unless "your lot" is also way too dumb for that.

• Bought one a few hours ago, still waiting. Ticket is not answered.

• @kstar3 said:
    We only have whitelisted few IP ranges to our site, as far as I know all the whitelisted ranges are residential IPs, so thats most likely why you were unable to connect. Also, there will definitely be no chance of connecting from a South Korean vps. However, this forum post is not about our services, if you have any questions please PM me.

lol, this North Korean troller is back again.

I could never access your site via CT home BB or CU LTE.

• If anybody gets a dedicated server with them please report back on the networks speeds :)

• ID verification sent, will be interested to see how these perform.

• Is it safe to send ID to them?

• Nice deal, grabbed the OVZ one. Maybe they're so cheap because they're from Poland and stole / steal all the hardware, IPs and electricity. :)

Thanked by 2LES sercio
  • @rm_ said:
    Surely if they went as far as checking what's the referrer domain, they could just open this actual thread and see what's going on? Or perhaps even register here on LET and start answering questions. Unless "your lot" is also way too dumb for that.

Wat?

Not sure what makes you think they have the time or care to translate and check a foreign site and the nuances of each member.

I think you mis-read, as 'our lot' is referring to LET members as a whole. The fact we are global, seem to have 'no common thread' and our billing methods vary. Ergo, we're a shady lot. I was not referring to the host.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • wahyan said: Is it safe to send ID to them?

I've always felt if you trust your data with a host, you can trust them with a temporary copy of your ID.

Then again I've worked at hosts that attract a myriad of clients, both carders and not.

EU data laws, etc. dictate whatever they want, but I've always run a tight ship in terms of a clean network. Plus I work for companies based in the US, so those laws can kick dirt if they wanted to host where I worked. Too many shade balls from a few countries, endless sina.com and free email domains, and patterns lately to wear rose colored glasses IMO.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited December 2015
    Benchmark started on Sun Dec 27 19:46:16 EST 2015
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5620  @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Cores       : 2
    Frequency       : 2400.155 MHz
    Memory          : 2048 MB
    Swap            : 0 MB
    Uptime          : 1:39,

OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab112.15
    Hostname        : defaultvps

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        5.79MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          1.40MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       5.30MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       4.68MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       5.10MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       5.12MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          3.97MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       3.26MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         5.73MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        5.78MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 368 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 384 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 392 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 381.333 MB/s

Wow, they improved their speed by like 30x over night!

Edit: But now it's back at 300kb/s

• @wahyan said:
    Is it safe to send ID to them?

Make sure to place a watermark saying "Copy for Slask Data Center"

Thanked by 2Kris doughmanes
  • wget http://lg.ip-projects.de/1000MB.test
    --2015-12-28 10:48:17--  http://lg.ip-projects.de/1000MB.test
    Resolving lg.ip-projects.de (lg.ip-projects.de)... 82.211.0.200
    Connecting to lg.ip-projects.de (lg.ip-projects.de)|82.211.0.200|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1000000000 (954M)
    Saving to: '1000MB.test'

18% [=========================>                                                                                                                ] 189,579,504 6.00MB/s  eta 2m 11s 

Speed seems to be fine now to the only location I care about, let's see how long it will stay like that

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2015

Kris said: to translate and check a foreign site

If you need to TRANSLATE a FOREIGN website written in gasp English, you have no business working at a DC.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @alexvolk Allow non-exit TOR relays ?

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited December 2015

plusnettr said: Allow non-exit TOR relays ?

Can't see anything about TOR in their TOS, they just forbid P2P

https://sldc.eu/kontakt/3/regulamin

Thanked by 1plusnettr
This discussion has been closed.