Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Ocean Refund - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digital Ocean Refund

13»

Comments

• NexHost said: I think I gotta move to India Fast would feel rich

:)

Just don't move into the expensive suburbs of the cities. They fool foreigners into paying a premium for rent etc.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

bitcubate said: Just to satisfy my curiosity, would this apply to large amounts too, lets say someone wanted to run multi core ray tracing programs of complex scenes on one of your 640$ 20 core drop. He renders some scenes and turns off the drop. Keeps the remaining credit for future renderings but never gotten to it. Would you refund that after a year? If not possible, would he have to option to transfer the credit to another DO account (such as his friend who is an even greater digital artist)? If not - credit transfer to another account would be a good feature.

No worries! Honestly I encourage just talking to us any time a situation like that comes up. Different situations with different contexts may be treated differently. It's important that support staff be able to tailor their actions to the situation and think like humans, rather than read from a policy book. As indicated in my explanation, this wasn't a matter of "I'm bound by X policy" but more of "It's this hour of the day, PayPal can't process it as a refund over API, I don't have the access to refund manually, and I think this client will be understanding of the situation given the dollar amount and the amount of time passed."

Context should be part of every decision, and different situations should be approached based on the context that surrounds them :)

• @jarland said:
    Context should be part of every decision, and different situations should be approached based on the context that surrounds them :)

Okay, that's cool. It is funny how due to different ways of thinking, time zones and location how misunderstandings arise. Sorry man.

BTW just to clarify, I have no issues with DO, the service and concept is cool.

Thanked by 1jar
  • 80% population below poverty line? How accurate is this?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

Junkless said: 80% population below poverty line? How accurate is this?

Not so high, but not low either. Like 50%.

UN states 30%, other sources up to 70%. Indian gov reports like 30% as well and is, compared to most of Asia, rather trusted for such statistics.

"Poverty line" might also be different defined - as per UN figures even most of the very poor countries (moistly central Africa) have hardly over 50% and i think the UN definition is less than 1$/day.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@bitcubate said:
    Okay, > jarland said:

Excellent reply. Congratulations for being so honest. :)

• AFAIK, it's 1.25$ per day and somewhere between 20-30%, no where close to 80%.

• Very good story, thanks.

• jarland said: I can't even understand it.

This accent is typical of the low class. typically those who live in council houses.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Sounds like the OP expects to use these accounts like a bank. Maybe drug cartels could benefit from moving money to DO.

• Junkless said: AFAIK, it's 1.25$ per day and somewhere between 20-30%, no where close to 80%.

Yes, that would make sense as our EU media mainly uses 1EUR as figure which would be in the 1.25$ range like a year ago.

• @ OP .... I payed authors to write me articles for my non hoysting biz sites ... this post is close to $3 article

your all post complaining for $5 refund is maybe close to $15 now simple ... of waste of time and money

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @coolice said:
    @ OP .... I payed authors to write me articles for my non hoysting biz sites ... this post is close to $3 article

**SNIP**

your all post complaining for $5 refund is maybe close to $15 now simple ... of waste of time and money

Surely you didn't read @jarland's post

• If OP would use time he spent writing in this thread/communicating with DO, I am sure he might earn significantly more than $5...

Thanked by 1netomx