Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your VPS with the best uptime? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your VPS with the best uptime?

1235»

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

OVH KS2:

20:00:43 up 82 days, 21:12,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.09, 0.13

O64 from ServerDragon:

20:05:23 up 104 days, 20:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

64MB from BlueVM:

02:06:25 up 44 days, 18:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

256MB SSD-Cached KVM from RamNode in Seattle w/ DDoS protected IP:

18:11:07 up 46 days, 23:09,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

• @Maounique said:
    Other than that it was launched 2 months ago at most, so uptimes cant be big.

Ah ok, no plans for IPV6 I guess any time soon. And yes, I was just curious if the nodes have been up since launch. :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Xei said: And yes, I was just curious if the nodes have been up since launch. :)

About so:

[root@pm52ovzdallas ~]# uptime
     19:46:07 up 54 days, 20:24,  1 user,  load average: 4.00, 4.15, 4.27

[root@pm53ovzdallas ~]# uptime
     19:47:07 up 53 days, 19:54,  2 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.16, 0.26

[root@pm54dallas ~]# uptime
     19:47:46 up 43 days, 19:00,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

For Xen, load is irrelevant, of course.

• @Maounique said:
    For Xen, load is irrelevant, of course.

any explanations for this? :)

edited November 2013

Xen shows the load of Dom0 which is the domain controlling the VMs, not much load there, while the VMs can have very heavy loads in the meantime.
    The OVZ and KVM nodes show the combined load (VMs+node) but xen does not, since the node itself is a VM in some ways.

• RamiRami Member
    edited November 2013

@Colorhost last reboot was for reinstall

13:50:37 up 182 days, 13:41, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

@Httpzoom

17:56:57 up 150 days, 19:28, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• 20:29:53 up 156 days, 15:30, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• prometeus and inceptionhosting both 400+ days here :)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

top - 12:57:15 up 225 days, 14:02,  1 user,  load average: 0.53, 0.60, 0.56

• @key900 said:
    top - 12:57:15 up 225 days, 14:02,  1 user,  load average: 0.53, 0.60, 0.56

@Rapta said:
    20:29:53 up 156 days, 15:30, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

What provider? Thanks

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2013

@bobby said:
    prometeus and inceptionhosting both 400+ days here :)

Always hear great things about these two providers. I wonder if the key to providers with high uptimes is having the smallest client base. Even though Prometeus is always in the top 3 they could still have a smaller client base than any other top provider, say Ramnode, perhaps? I know Prometeus has very unique practices to ensure their boxes are far from being over sold (basically they are underutilized but it results in the highest client satisfaction).

• @Xei said:
    Always hear great things about these two providers. I wonder if the key to providers with high uptimes is having the smallest client base.

I don't think so. Some of those names with great uptime are among providers with higher client base at LEB. It's important to know what you're doing, set up things (hardware, network..) from beginning properly, know hardware limits (number of clients per node...) and then stick with limits.

It's impossible to eliminate all potential points of failure (hardware die!) but host who know what they are doing can drastically decreased chances that something will go wrong any time soon. Having control over network and (own) hardware can be helpful.
    Older providers with more experiences have advantage with a lot of that but sadly not all of them use it.

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2013

@Spirit said:
    I don't think so. Some of those names with great uptime are among providers with higher client base at LEB. It's important to know what you're doing, set up things (hardware, network..) from beginning properly, know hardware limits (number of clients per node...) and then stick with limits.

Very informative answer, thanks. :) In my head I kept thinking of Prometeus as smaller than most top providers but maybe they aren't so small, it's just they manage their client base well with the resources that they have. Plus they have their own internal policies that ensure quality assurance which maybe is generally an afterthought for many providers.

• I think prometeus is quite a lot bigger than most providers here, seeing they do a lot of enterprise stuff in italy as well. Best provider thats here by a mile.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Xei said:

me :)

edited November 2013

@Xei said:
    In my head I kept thinking of Prometeus as smaller than most top providers but maybe they aren't so small, it's just they manage their client base well with the resources that they have. Plus they have their own internal policies that ensure quality assurance which maybe is generally an afterthought for many providers.

We have many big corporate customers and 2 more "clouds".
    One is with rhev and another with vmware.
    The VPS business is a side show Uncle is CTO for a fast growing Datacenter and main income for prometeus is from corporate stuff. We are trying to bridge the gap between hobbists with cheap VPSes and the big corporate stuff with the FOSS cloud, it is cheap enough for the hobbists and good enough for the small business sector.
    That being said, we have some 3000+ customers with the VPSes and the cloud for the masses stuff, many of them have more than one VM.
    About 80 nodes in total.
    To give you an idea, our client base is big enough to enable us to sell new services only to them, many improvements and new services are offered to our users only, the abuse factor is very high on our minds and we prefer to not grow than take abusers, keep the current customers satisfied instead of getting a gazillion new ones that we have a hard time policing and mostly mean a loss for us.

Thanked by 1johhhn
  • @Maounique said:
    To give you an idea, our client base is big enough to enable us to sell new services only to them, many improvements and new services are offered to our users only, the abuse factor is very high on our minds and we prefer to not grow than take abusers, keep the current customers satisfied instead of getting a gazillion new ones that we have a hard time policing and mostly mean a loss for us.

Wow, that's spectacular, I really appreciate the concerns you have over abuse and satisfying existing customer base. Must get a VPS with you guys now, no wonder you are so loved. :)

@Zen said:
    In reality Prometeus is one of the biggest providers, and certainly one of the most experienced providers here if not the most experienced. On top of that the business is not the only thing supporting Uncle which is a big advantage, as Maounique said he's got a position with the datacenter primarily.

From my memory of Uncle talking about 10-40Gbps streaming clients and showing traffic screen shots, you can be sure LEB/LET is just a small part of his business.

Thanks also for the info. Really puts things into perspective. I'm very happy that they are providing LEB services. :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • -- Troll --

Sometimes, 10.000 customers with $10k income/month , can't be compared with 1000 customers with £ 100k/month.

• I have 278 Days.. I had about 350+ days... But back in Feb, they had to do a OS-upgrade...

$ uptime
    11:45:58 up 278 days, 6:26, 2 users, load average: 0.75, 0.34, 0.24

provider: cyberlynk (no exactly LEB. I pay $10 for, 1GB RAM, 4 vCPU, 50GB DISK, 2 TB transfer, Openvz)

FYI: That VPS has been rock solid, and has not give me any issues in the past 3+ years ( :Touch Wood: ) that i forgot the URL to the Control panel...

@vijayrajah said:
    that i forgot the URL to the Control panel...

Haha, I know about this, we have many customers asking that and I resend the provisioning email from 1 year ago :)

• Uncle KVM
    Current Server Time 2013-11-18 13:27:23 Server Uptime 521Day3Hour32Minute

My production server:
    Current Server Time 2013-11-15 19:45:35 Server Uptime 551Day7Hour15Minute

• LowEndSpirit: 10:59:44 up 106 days, 7:08, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• Mine's on Ramnode hosting some smaller websites like hazr.me.

02:08:51 up 79 days,  9:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2013

@kornnflake said:
    Mine's on Ramnode hosting some smaller websites like hazr.me.

02:08:51 up 79 days,  9:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

That's Sasuke wearing Tobi's mask =( Oh well. I'll pretend I didn't see it. (or maybe I'm wrong! don't correct me) :P

• RAMnode with 180days uptime :)

• zserozsero Member
    edited November 2013

At Prometeus:

KVM SSD 5

12:52:37 up 313 days, 3:32, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

connected to a storage-only Atom to act as a 50 GB drive over iSCSI

12:54:24 up 253 days, 9:00, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

I never thought that a cross-VPS storage solution would be as reliable as this, but since these have been running there was not a single problem with them.

@zsero said:
    I never thought that a cross-VPS storage solution would be as reliable as this, but since these have been running there was not a single problem with them.

that is because they are in the same DC. If they were even 500 miles apart without a direct link, you would have noticed problems when routes change and peerings drop in the internet, a provider can only control his network to a point.