Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode Cyber Monday Deal - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode Cyber Monday Deal

Comments

• @Amitz said:
    "Screens" by far. But also expensive. "Mocha VNC lite" would be a cost-free alternative.

Screens looks nice :) though I can't justify the cost just to access this machine until I get ssh running.

• jarland said: More like a roof over head and food on the table. If you want to use hobbyist hosts go ahead, but if you want production and uptime you'll find it at RamNode and @Nick_A actually charges what he needs to make it by in this world, and it's still dirt cheap. He doesn't have the funding or debt that OVH has, but he has the support they don't.

I already have "production and uptime" with many reputable providers for far(!) less. That was my fucking point.

hostnoob said: So it's not like they increased the prices in the build up to black friday to trick people with a coupon. Plus the quality is still top notch.

I didn't mean they are bad or did that. Just that $7/GB still contain plenty of gross margin, which I am not willing to pay.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

4n0nx said: That was my fucking point

I think you need a nap bro ;)

You're just angry today.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jarland said: I think you need a nap bro ;)

You're just angry today.

I can only see you being butthurt here, over someone being unwilling to pay $10 or $7/GB, when it can be had for 1€. Why won't you let me be happy with my awesome cheap servers and go back to paying for Nick_A's retirement?

edited November 2015

4n0nx said: Why won't you let me be happy with my awesome cheap servers and go back to paying for Nick_A's retirement?

You were the one trying to shit in people's koolaid here today, not me :)

Door is that way if you don't like RamNode deals... ---->

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • promo SKVMS no longer activE?

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

You can either buy from them or don't. That's the conclusion of lowendtalk.

Personally, I wanted to buy from them earlier, but I've got more than enough servers for now, so I'll pass. Maybe next time.

Whether they're good enough or not can be determined by their reviews and the authencity probability of said reviews.

No one was obligated to buy from gvh, yet many people did.

I'll assume you stay away from crap hosts, but look at this wht thread from some time ago:
    www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1413919 or http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m17NYS_xrz4J:http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1413919+site:webhostingtalk.com+"openvz"+"privacy"+"greenvaluehost"&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&hl=en&&ct=clnk

especially this comment:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1413919&p=9242585#post9242585

4n0nx said: my fucking point.

• jarland said: You were the one trying to shit in people's koolaid here today, not me :)

No, you just got unnecessarily offended by someone on a LOWEND site talking about LOWEND prices.

@4n0nx said:
    No, you just got unnecessarily offended by someone on a LOWEND site talking about LOWEND prices.

You're clearly offended by people paying for RamNode. Please be sure to fill out the survey on the way out:

http://nexua.org/niji/butthurt-form/

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • jarland said: You're clearly offended by people paying for RamNode. Please be sure to fill out the survey on the way out:

I just expressed my unwillingness to pay $7/GB. Most here wouldn't. Can you stop being so overly aggressive now? You are a moderator for gods sake. Stop telling me to leave just because I am unwilling to pay 5 times more.

• LeeLee Veteran

4n0nx said: Why won't you let me be happy with my awesome cheap servers and go back to paying for Nick_A's retirement?

Fuck off and be happy with them then. Don't come into threads for one of the better, reliable and more respected providers and try to shit in it just because you think you are all that with your cheap kimsufi and online servers.

edited November 2015

@4n0nx said:
    I just expressed my unwillingness to pay $7/GB. Most here wouldn't. Can you stop being so overly aggressive now? You are a moderator for gods sake. Stop telling me to leave just because I am unwilling to pay 5 times more.

Are you still trolling the thread or are you done yet? I'm just trolling you because you're being an asshole. How long you keep it going and how long we annoy everyone else is your call. We're just keeping it at the top of the page and getting RamNode more sales, only like 3-5 people are actually reading what me and you are talking about...

Thanks for helping me make this an unofficial sticky thread.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • jarland said: We're just keeping it at the top of the page and getting RamNode more sales, only like 3-5 people are actually reading what me and you are talking about...

This just confirms my suspicion that you are greatly overreacting and misunderstanding. I merely expressed my unwillingness to pay $7/GB, on a site that is all about cheap servers. That's all.

@4n0nx said:
    This just confirms my suspicion that you are greatly overreacting and misunderstanding. I merely expressed my unwillingness to pay $7/GB, on a site that is all about cheap servers. That's all.

Sweet. Thanks for the bump :)

• Lee said: Fuck off and be happy with them then. Don't come into threads for one of the better, reliable and more respected providers and try to shit in it just because you think you are all that with your cheap kimsufi and online servers.

You are saying that I am saying paying more is shit, while telling me that paying less is shit. I didn't even say that, or that Ramnode is bad. So calm down k?

• jarland said: Sweet. Thanks for the bump :)

Pls stop pretending that bumping this thread somehow hurts me emotionally. I really don't see why you are so aggressive over literally nothing.

@4n0nx said:
    You are saying that I am saying paying more is shit, while telling me that paying less is shit. I didn't even say that, or that Ramnode is bad. So calm down k?

Nope, you didn't. You just walked in here and decided to be unpleasant for no reason at all:

@4n0nx said:
    Woow 30% off $10 per GB... slow clap

Way to be friendly and neighborly there.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • jarland said: Nope, you didn't. You just walked in here and decided to be unpleasant for no reason at all:

jarland said: Way to be friendly and neighborly there.

I am sorry I thought it was allowed to express one's opinion in a forum. Why couldn't you just say "there may be cheaper options, but to me they are well worth the $10"?

edited November 2015

@4n0nx said:
    I am sorry I thought it was allowed to express one's opinion in a forum. Why couldn't you just say "there may be cheaper options, but to me they are well worth the $10"?

Mostly because it wasn't that post that I found as rude as the next one, at which point I hoped you were trolling. You're welcome to express opinions, but so am I, and my opinion is that you're being unreasonably rude and condescending today.

If you weren't allowed, I'd have deleted the posts. I don't play that game. This is just me talking to you.

• jarland said: and my opinion is that you're being unreasonably rude and condescending today.

I find it hardly justified to respond "I can only hope you're trolling." and "Fuck off it you don't like it. There is a cunt in every thread." to what I said. That is what I would call rude and condescending.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@4n0nx - I don't think anyone is suggesting you shouldn't express your opinion, but rather that your rudeness was uncalled for :) I'm sure you can think of better ways to say, "This seems more expensive than I would be willing to pay," if that were your only point in posting here. You clearly wanted to get a jab in for no apparent reason other than to be unpleasant.

Anyway, thanks for the bumps guys!

@4n0nx said:
    I find it hardly justified to respond "I can only hope you're trolling." and "Fuck off it you don't like it. There is a cunt in every thread." to what I said. That is what I would call rude and condescending.

Oh I'm not saying that others weren't being excessive in their response to it, but that was in response to the provocation which originated from you.

• Nick_A said: if that were your only point in posting here. You clearly wanted to get a jab in for no apparent reason other than to be unpleasant.

No. That was not my intention at all. I also post in deals forums and say when I don't think the deal is worth it, e.g. an xbox for a discounted price higher than any price search engine would show. It's a normal thing to do, no reason to get mad over.

• can you like drop this? I keep getting the yellow X new posts in the thread which means I have to enter it so they go away and my OCD remains happy. Mkay?

Thanked by 2netomx yowmamasita

@Nihim said:
    can you like drop this? I keep getting the yellow X new posts in the thread which means I have to enter it so they go away and my OCD remains happy. Mkay?

We have to keep the thread up top! lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jarland said:
    We have to keep the thread up top! lol

Go away & stay away!

@Nihim said:
    Go away & stay away!

:(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarland said: Oh I'm not saying that others weren't being excessive in their response to it, but that was in response to the provocation which originated from you.

It was not a provocation. It was at most sarcastic criticism.

• LeeLee Veteran

4n0nx said: I merely expressed my unwillingness to pay $7/GB, on a site that is all about cheap servers. That's all.

No you said:

4n0nx said: Woow 30% off $10 per GB... slow clap

Expressing an unwillingness to pay that amount or being rude towards the provider? I would suggest the latter (That's the second one).

edited November 2015

@4n0nx said:
    It was not a provocation. It was at most sarcastic criticism.

Well as someone who works hard to make a living in this industry, I find the notion offensive that hard working people like Nick are artificially inflating prices to keep food on the table and a roof over their head. It's insulting. It's not a charity. If you've followed RamNode you know how hard @Nick_A has struggled with competitive prices while being able to fund expansion, development, and making sure that his time spent isn't wasted and is beneficial to his family.

Nick is probably one of the hardest workers here, and I love seeing him rewarded for it. He's a good guy.