Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Carefull with IgniteServers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Carefull with IgniteServers

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@mitgib Thanks for the idea!

• @Ishaq he's probably too busy looking for a torrent of "TCPdump for Dummies" to respond to the people who's money he has obtained by deception.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Hidden_Refuge said: One quick question. Did it even happen that SolusVM assigned a already used IP address to a KVM container that then pulled it over DHCP?

When SolusVM cancels a VPS and removes it from the DB on solus, yet fails to remove the actual VPS was an issue in the past, they have added extra checks for this, but it doesn't stop me from auditing all nodes at least twice a year.

• Not suprised, @IgniteServers had no communication and a list of excuses when they said they wanted to purchase something from me. I thought summer was over?

• I wonder how many sales this drives to igniteservers.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited November 2015

Solusvm would never blunder IP assignment, more likely a setup issue, like using same IP block more than once?

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited November 2015

@miTgiB said:
    When SolusVM cancels a VPS and removes it from the DB on solus, yet fails to remove the actual VPS was an issue in the past, they have added extra checks for this, but it doesn't stop me from auditing all nodes at least twice a year.

Good to know they're improving it a bit.

The best thing I ever saw was when the control panel actually assigned the hostnode main public IP address to the VM. I just noticed it because it wasn't accessible and so I went to use the serial console and oops the IP of the VPS was the exact IP address of the hostnode IP for serial console login.

Hehe. It was OpenVZ. Funky things going on.

Hope @IgniteServers won't be a dick and will fix it.

@century1stop said:
    Solusvm would never blunder IP assignment, more likely a setup issue, perhaps like using same IP block more than once?

Happened already very often in the past across different providers for me. See miTgiB's reply for more details.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

century1stop said: Solusvm would never blunder IP assignment, more likely a setup issue, perhaps like using same IP block more than once?

Are you serious?

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    Happened already very often in the past across different providers for me. See miTgiB's reply for more details.

so far so good, don't see it happen with my Solusvm. maybe they have different versions?

• Hidden_Refuge said: The best thing I ever saw was when the control panel actually assigned the hostnode main public IP address to the VM. I just noticed it because it wasn't accessible and so I went to use the serial console and oops the IP of the VPS was the exact IP address of the hostnode IP for serial console login.

Only way that could happen I know of is not reserving the hostnode IP in the pool it was in. But someone could have watered the gremlins after midnight as well.

Thanked by 2teknolaiz k0nsl
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

century1stop said: so far so good, don't see it happen with my Solusvm. maybe they have different versions?

It happens, it happened yesterday :) wont be an issue in V2 as I understand it.

Anyway, this is not an uncommon issue especially if the host is not using ebtables, it is however something that takes about 5 minutes to work out and fix unless the host your dealing with is a point and click host and relies on the panel for everything.

• @miTgiB said:
    But someone could have watered the gremlins after midnight as well.

DO NOT ATTEMPT IT! :D

• @AnthonySmith do you honestly think he's heard of ebtables?

tehdan said: @AnthonySmith do you honestly think he's heard of ebtables

I don't know who ignite servers are, it is someone that used to have a different name here or a brand new host or something?

edited November 2015

@AnthonySmith said:
    a brand new host

Fixed it for you.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I don't know who ignite servers are, it is someone that used to have a different name here or a brand new host or something?

A cheap provider from what ive read, there servers are high quality cheap

From first face anyway

oh right, just looked at an offer "Upgrade to Unlimited Transfer on any node at $3.00/month" they do unmetered gbit for $3.00 in London, no sympathy for anyone that buys from them.

Don't buy a bar of gold for $5.00 that turns out to be a gold plated turd and complain about it :)

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@AnthonySmith off-season summer host, doesn't have a clue. Many terrifying threads involving his total ignorance of networking basics.

• @tehdan said:
    AnthonySmith off-season summer host, doesn't have a clue. Many terrifying threads involving his total ignorance of networking basics.

The worst part is the Level 4 Tech is the one who's the most inexperienced...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

IThinkUFailed said: The worst part is the Level 4 Tech is the one who's the most inexperienced...

Numbers mean nothing when you can just assign yourself one.

Signed,

CEO

Level 15 Support

415 Years Experience

Namer of the servers

Controller of the SSH keys

• @IThinkUFailed - so do people generally believe he has actual other people working with him?

Thanked by 2exception0x876 lazyt
  • @tehdan said:
    IThinkUFailed - so do people generally believe he has actual other people working with him?

He has an all US support team, but one or two of his members are in india (His words not mine...)

His sister works for him I believe as sales... It's screaming GVH styled business to me...

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited November 2015

Anyway, this is not an uncommon issue especially if the host is not using ebtables, it is however something that takes about 5 minutes to work out and fix unless the host your dealing with is a point and click host and relies on the panel for everything.

hmmm interesting, probably something worthwhile looking into as preventive measure though I don't see the issue yet.
    EDIT: annoyed, lol

Thanked by 1letbox
    edited November 2015

@century1stop

Fix your replies man. Don't reply within quotes. It's really annyoing to read.

• This is starting to look much like GVH v16.2

AnthonySmith said: Don't buy a bar of gold for $5.00 that turns out to be a gold plated turd and complain about it :)

Gold plated would imply it at least looks like gold, I'd call it yellow painted turd.

• Given that @igniteservers has been active here for at least the last 30 minutes and has failed to even post a quick 'sorry, looking into this' message I guess we can just assume he's going to ignore the thread and keep the cash?

• I can't find an appropriate popcorn meme for this.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited November 2015

@igniteservers is aware of this thread however is mobile and unable to reply from his phone. He is not ducking and hiding, when he is able, he will address the forum with a post...

• Time to call PayPal ;)

Thanked by 1RiverM
  • tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

To be fair, as per their mission statement he has in fact ignited passions on this board for weeding out the dangerously incompetent. He's also shattered expectations by not posting and embarrassingly implausible excuse for the debarcle.

Thanked by 2IThinkUFailed lazyt