Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - Email Hosting - Black Friday Special - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - Email Hosting - Black Friday Special

Comments

• Can I do aliases and wildcards? For example:

Can I have [email protected] setup, and *@domain1.com gets sent to [email protected]?

And then add an alias so *@domain2.com also gets sent to [email protected]?

Then also have [email protected] that is its own separate account so it doesn't get sent to [email protected]?

What's the easiest way to migrate from Google Apps to MXRoute? Add both accounts as imap and drag/drop the messages, or is there an easier way?

Also, is each account intended just for personal use, or is it alright to create email accounts for me as well as other friends/family/clients? If the latter, and one of them has their account used to send a shit-ton of spam, does just their email account get disabled or all email accounts under the master account?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

@Ree Sure! In our panel an alias is called forwarder, wildcard is catchall/default. A little different wording, same basic function.

I recommend imapsync for migration.

If someone starts spamming and it doesn't look intentional (aka sign up with shady domain and spam instantly), I change the email account's password immediately and open a ticket.

You can add accounts for friends, family, clients, anyone :)

• By the way, is there ability to train spam filter?

I'd rather manually moved false positives to one folder, missed spams to another, to give the filter directions...

@Master_Bo said:
    By the way, is there ability to train spam filter?

I'd rather manually moved false positives to one folder, missed spams to another, to give the filter directions...

Technically you can adjust SpamAssassin config a bit in cpanel but most of the filter settings are global and not adjustable at the account level.

If you're comfortable with the arrangement, you can create folders for me to review ham or spam and point me to it with your permission to view those folders. In my opinion a human eye is the best way to train filters these days, so I've moved away from training it automatically.

• Too bad I have no need for it... seem to be a very nice service.

very tempting

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarland said: Technically you can adjust SpamAssassin config a bit in cpanel but most of the filter settings are global and not adjustable at the account level.

So does that mean it would not be possible to disable the spam filter for some/all my accounts? I get very little spam, so I prefer to receive a spam or two per month and not have to worry about false positives putting legitimate email out of my sight.

Thanked by 1aglodek

@Ree said:
    So does that mean it would not be possible to disable the spam filter for some/all my accounts? I get very little spam, so I prefer to receive a spam or two per month and not have to worry about false positives putting legitimate email out of my sight.

Correct on some level. There's two layers to the spam filter. The worst offenders are halted at the server level, the blatant absolutely terrible "couldn't run a mail server if their lives depended on it" kind of stuff just gets blackholed. The rest, your average spam or potential false positives, will land in your inbox (or you can create a filter to move it to the spam folder).

• jarland said: It's cPanel but I try to guide everyone to the integration in the billing panel, it streamlines things a bit more, removes more web hosting references. I didn't want to look like "just another cPanel host" because I'm not, but the panel felt like the best choice for security updates.

Thank you for the information! :)

• @jarland said:
    If you're comfortable with the arrangement, you can create folders for me to review ham or spam and point me to it with your permission to view those folders. In my opinion a human eye is the best way to train filters these days, so I've moved away from training it automatically.

No problem.

I have accustomed to using Dspam, most flexible filter I ever knew, so the above arrangement is exactly how I train Dspam.

I think I'll post support tickets after I migrate my mailboxes and set up all I wish.

BTW, there was absolutely no problem setting up DKIM/DMARC authentication, without switching domain entirely to MXRoute's nameservers. Shall I send simple how-to for other users?

@Master_Bo said:
    BTW, there was absolutely no problem setting up DKIM/DMARC authentication, without switching domain entirely to MXRoute's nameservers. Shall I send simple how-to for other users?

Please feel free. I'd be generous in credit if you've found a workflow that you feel is worth sharing. I've had so many people getting various levels of failure with my instructions that I just gave up and starting recommending no DKIM or using our name servers ;)

• is for good no spam?

@mallop said:
    is for good no spam?

I try. I hate spam :)

• @jarland Do you still provide white label url? I think early on you had them, I can't find them.

hdpixel said: Do you still provide white label url

Not at the moment, but there will eventually be something new for that.

• @jarland said:
    Not at the moment, but there will eventually be something new for that.

whitemx.com (available)

• Is this price is recurring? @jarland

@upfreak said:
    whitemx.com (available)

That wouldn't backfire at all ;)

@coldwinds said:
    Is this price is recurring? jarland

Yep :)

• edited November 2015

Just ordered one, looks nice for me, not familiar with cPanel email settings though... Will try to migrate from yandex in few days :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland Hi, I can tell from the feedback that the service your offering are quite good and tempting, and I would like to order one and just keep it as it may be useful in the future…
    But the problem is, I haven't got any domain names so far and am still looking for a better deal for it…
    Thus, my question is: is it possible for me to order your service without a domain name?
    Awaiting ur reply, thanks.

Trigold said: is it possible for me to order your service without a domain name?

Sure thing! Just enter a placeholder domain when you order :)

• TrigoldTrigold Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland Thanks for your fast reply.
    Then another question comes out… is the placeholder domain a random domain like abc.com?

Trigold said: is the placeholder domain a random domain like abc.com?

Just make sure it's not a domain that anyone might use or the system will reject it (or I'll remove it if not, for security).

• @jarland OK. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

• @jarland BTW, is there any good tutorial on how to use your service? I would consider build a website and do some C2C trade business…
    Thanks.

Trigold said: is there any good tutorial on how to use your service

Not really, but if it doesn't make sense feel free to ask questions :)

• @jarland Alright, thanks.

• The offer is still alive? If so, until what day can I get it?

@yomero said:
    The offer is still alive? If so, until what day can I get it?

It is! I'm thinking until Wednesday. Since I just said that, it'll at least stay up that long :)

I'll have to get drunk to make the final decision. Sober decisions are a bad idea.

• @jarland Hey struggling mxroute noob here. I've ran my own mail for years now and am a difficult time using your DNS setup, so I would rather just keep using mine. That being said Master_bo suggested that he had a solution to use DKIM. After you have a chance to vet the solution can you post it in your knowledge base.

• @Master_Bo said:

yes,,go for it share with others mxroute users :)