Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - Email Hosting - Black Friday Special
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - Email Hosting - Black Friday Special

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited January 2016 in Offers

#Black Friday Sale

Kicking this off a little early. For those of us celebrating Thanksgiving this week I hope you all have a great time with family :)

For those of you not familiar with MXroute, we provide email hosting for your domain at a reasonable cost, without stupid limitations.

Let's face it, running your own mail server is a headache. Sure it's fun, and you should be interested in knowing how to do it. However, there are so often things outside of your control such as IP reputation. This has led people to spend a lot of money with solutions like Google Apps just for basic email hosting. I'm here to offer you an alternative.

This year we're doing something special for Black Friday. It may not be much, but my hope is that it encourages others to join in and give back as we near the holiday season. For each sale of the $10, $15, and $25 packages we will be donating $1 to the World Food Program. For sales of the $5 package, we will donate $0.50 per sale.

(Note: This is not a tax deductible donation. You are paying us for the service and I will be making the donation in my name. If the packages are still available after the new year, donations on purchases will halt.)

Here are our offers:

BlackFriday2GB
2GB Storage
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Domains
$5/year
https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41

BlackFriday20GB
20GB Storage
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Domains
$15/year
https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=42

BlackFriday30GB
30GB Storage
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Domains
$25/year
https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=43

Finally, last year's Cyber Monday special is available to fill the gap:

CyberMonday
10GB Storage
Unlimited Email Accounts
Unlimited Domains
$10/year
https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=29

NOTE: There will be no upgrade or migration from existing plans. You will not be able to choose one of these and upgrade to another promotion at a later date. If you purchase this in replacement of an existing package, you must configure it as a new service.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2015

The only good reason for not buying one of these is because you already have one.

Otherwise you're just deliberately trying to piss me off.

• Can you PM larger plans? I prefer the email accounts to be hosted in TX. Thank you.

• Can only agree with @Nekki on this. If you don't buy this now you're an idiot.

Thanked by 3jar Nekki hawc
  • Everyone should get at least the $5 / year deal. Jarland even paid for mailchannels to ensure the emails you send are delivered to someone's inbox. Top notch service, I'd highly recommend it.

Thanked by 2jar Nekki
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2015

CloudFlare won't let me add this to the post:

Features:

• IMAP/POP3/SMTP
    • Webmail (Squirrelmail, Horde, Roundcube)
    • Z-Push
    • OwnCloud (Available on December 11)
    • DNS Hosting

All Black Friday orders provisioned in OVH Canada.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@hdpixel said:
    Can you PM larger plans? I prefer the email accounts to be hosted in TX. Thank you.

The only larger plan offered at the moment is outside of LET price range, the MX3 package listed on the front page. If you make an order and open a ticket asking for it to be re-provisioned in Dallas, I'd be happy to do that. Pretty close to capacity at the moment in Dallas but I can spare some room for you.

• black said: Everyone should get at least the $5 / year deal. Jarland even paid for mailchannels to ensure the emails you send are delivered to someone's inbox. Top notch service, I'd highly recommend it.

$5 is peanuts for what you're getting here really.

There's a good reason why MXRoute remains as the only email hosting provider at LET.

Thanked by 1jar
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited November 2015

About the CF thing... CC should seriously just put up their own attack prevention system, and not some shabby thing that deletes anything like [/var/www/html].

• I have Fastmail. I hate adding domains to fastmail, to the point that I underutilize their service even though I'm overall pleased with them.

Is Mxroute any better as far as simplicity of adding new domains?

boxelder said: Is Mxroute any better as far as simplicity of adding new domains?

Two MX records and an SPF record. You can do DKIM with us but if you're not using our nameservers I recommend against it.

Honestly, unless your recipients are worried about spoofed email and you can trust them to actually check that email from you is signed, DKIM isn't that useful anyway. It helps for inbox delivery in some cases but it's far from necessary for it.

Thanked by 1boxelder
  • A drunk Jarland + Black Friday and this is the result.

• Recommended +1, 10/10 won't regret

Thanked by 1jar
  • Would buy if I hadn't already!
    With him since April this year and everything is working out nice and smothly, if you consider changing to a reliable mail host: do it. ;)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Please update the "BlackFriday30GB" link, it always redirects to BlackFriday20GB.

• What CP is used for managing domains/email accounts?

• I purchase the BlackFriday30GB, but the service status of the order is Fraud. Please help to verify it.

@nhutphan said:
    Please update the "BlackFriday30GB" link, it always redirects to BlackFriday20GB.

Oops, good catch!

@nhutphan said:
    I purchase the BlackFriday30GB, but the service status of the order is Fraud. Please help to verify it.

Fixed :)

@ServerObsessed said:
    What CP is used for managing domains/email accounts?

It's cPanel but I try to guide everyone to the integration in the billing panel, it streamlines things a bit more, removes more web hosting references. I didn't want to look like "just another cPanel host" because I'm not, but the panel felt like the best choice for security updates.

Thanked by 1nathanlopez
  • Gotta chime in to say that @jarland is the man. Great service and support.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited November 2015

Interesting offers. What's cost for parked/addon domains, if I wish to receive mail sent to [email protected] and [email protected] to the same inbox? Shall I buy second package, or?

@Master_Bo said:
    Interesting offers. What's cost for parked/addon domains, if I wish to receive mail sent to [email protected] and [email protected] to the same inbox? Shall I buy second package, or?

As many as you want in each package, the only limit is the disk space used (you can even over allocate).

Thanked by 1Master_Bo
  • I'm not familiar with mail hosting. Is it possible to change settings such as the max file size for sending/receiving?

@grillmaster said:
    I'm not familiar with mail hosting. Is it possible to change settings such as the max file size for sending/receiving?

Not from the user side, but if you make a good case for it I may be open to adjusting it if necessary. Most mail servers limit their incoming attachment size anyway, so I offer OwnCloud storage as a way to upload larger files and send someone a link.

Note: OwnCloud is not yet configured for the server that these orders are being provisioned on but will be active by Dec 11.

Thanked by 1grillmaster
  • How good are the spam filters?

• That's what i was waiting for. Thanks @jarland :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Awesome service froman awesome person at an awesome price. Buy buy buy. Should I buy one more??

Thanked by 1jar
  • very recommended provider..

best support from @jarland

Thanked by 1jar
  • Let's see how it rocks. Got one.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited November 2015

@yowmamasita said:
    How good are the spam filters?

Some users tell me they are incredible, others tell me the complete opposite. Regardless, it's something I work very hard to customize and I've found it more effective than paid filtering services. Because some people get more unique spam than others, for whatever reason, that may not be a universal observation though.

Thanked by 1vimalware