Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta testers for WHM Superb! - a new cPanel / WHM plugin that provides Shoutcast and Secondary MX - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beta testers for WHM Superb! - a new cPanel / WHM plugin that provides Shoutcast and Secondary MX

Comments

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@LordSpock thanks alot appreciate it, didnt understand shat you mean, can you further explain so I can consider what you need? It does shoutcast per account.. do you mean it should allow sub shoutcast accounts???

@agentmishra planning to add the icecast in the upcoming future... I will look more into zamfoo.. seems to be more related to resellers which would take very long to code.. so iffy at this point but not ruled out.

Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciate, expect an update/upgrade soon...hopefully I will get some time to finish the next feature today.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

@risharde said:
    LordSpock thanks alot appreciate it, didnt understand shat you mean, can you further explain so I can consider what you need? It does shoutcast per account.. do you mean it should allow sub shoutcast accounts???

No, like when you create a shoutcast service, you should also beable to create an account not just use an existing one.

Also, where is the uninstall script?

@Lordspock oh! Thanks will see what I can do regarding the creation of new accounts. Don't have an uninstall script but I will try to make one soon.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

looks good, don't under value it though, on the surface it looks like it could work out really well for hosts I would suggest a license fee of closer to $10 p/month p/server

Forget the 'this is LET' attitude, LET itself charges hosts $100 - $200 p/month for an advert :)

Thanked by 1risharde
    edited November 2015

Thanks @AnthonySmith really appreciate the feedback. My rationale for a lower price is for a few reasons regarding the product. Particularly I want to offer a fair price so that my reputation plus the reputation of the product can be seen as fair. Even to the point that it is saving people money or being able to make money from utilization of the product. But a major influence has been the cost of similar products. Thirdly, we are new and want the business so we can continue to build a good product. Initial proceeds (highest priority) from sales will go back into things we need - maybe more test servers, considering the purchase of additional addon software to help with further development (which aren't cheap per say > $200 dollars), further custom development etc).

It would be an accomplishment to become a de facto standard need but it's currently a dream as opposed to reality. I am currently working extremely hard as you can see from the number of additions and live updates.

P.S I wish I could sell it for $10 but I doubt it would achieve the goal of becoming a 'de facto standard'

Thanks again!

edited November 2015

[THANKSGIVING 2015 SOFTWARE UPDATE!]

Update applies to the main edition / full edition whether on trial period or not :)

I've just issued a new update to WHM Superb which is available via the WHM panel, just click on Check Updates to get the automatic update.

This update adds another simple but "major" feature which is our very own Apps Installer. The intention is to make it easy to install some of the popular PHP apps. Right now, it does the ones I really needed (Drupal) and I know lots of people like Wordpress and one of my customers wanted Roundcube the other day so I added (Roundcube).

I don't intend to bloat this or compete with Softaculous (even though the name is similar) and other installers. Just a lean, functional Apps Installer to give our product added value while keeping it maintainable and satisfying customers as best as possible within reason.

We hope you like the initial release.

If you didn't get the previous live update which I released last week, AutoDJ is now available for each cPanel account as well

Get the latest update today which includes all these new features.

Can't use this right now, features are broken in x3 theme, clicking on pages gives me an Error 500.

Will be nice to see that uninstall script :>

@LordSpock indeed the requirements were tested on paper latern using the liveapi cpanel system. Will see if I can either solve x3 in the next update. Working on uninstall script as well. Sorry for the inconvenience

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@risharde said:
    LordSpock indeed the requirements were tested on paper latern using the liveapi cpanel system. Will see if I can either solve x3 in the next update. Working on uninstall script as well. Sorry for the inconvenience

x3's getting gutted in the next major cPanel version so you'll probably not want to waste your time.

Francisco

It's sad about x3 being gutted, Paper Lantern should burn up like a paper lantern.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner

@Francisco thanks for telling me, I have not seen them officially say it in the documentation so far but I am guessing thats in it somewhere?? I know cpanel has switch apis a few times.. they are on their latest api called uapi and hopefully can standardise on that. The problem is that the liveapi functions dont all work on x3.. not even getting the title function works on x3 which is totally uncool having to maintain the code.

With that being said, good news for you @LordSpock , I went ahead and started coding compatibility with the x3 so later tonight I will release the update particularly because I appreciated your assistance in this matter and bringing this issue to my attention. I also went on to create the uninstall script but I would like to offer you an additional 2 months extension on the license if you br willing to further test it once it works for you.

Please let me know what you decide and if you do decide for the extension. Please send me the server ip via pm for me to update the license.

Thanks again for all you feedback. Those of you who provided feedback, please send me your ips as well so I can update your licenses with extensions as well.

Thanked by 1LordSpock
    edited November 2015

Thanks @Francisco appreciate the link. The strange thing about this is I'm not sure if they've forgotten that they are technically saving all the WHM template pages in a directory called x. I hope they aren't going to just change that directory as well because they will most likely break all plugins and have to do a reactive update. At the same time, its a hell of a piece a software considering amount of code is working in the background.

edited November 2015

Just an update, I just released the update that fixes the X3 error pages that @LordSpock has been experiencing. I've also added an uninstall script as requested. Some minor title errors have also been fixed. It also fixes a minor playlist issue.

Just head on over to WHM Superb in WHM and click "Check for updates" to get the latest version. It also includes the Apps Installer released earlier today!

Hope you guys enjoy the update!

P.S Had to do an emergency reupload. All should be well.

Thanked by 2vpsGOD LordSpock
  • Good one @risharde !

Any plan for standalone package? Currently I'm using centova, if you can beat centova price, surely I'll become your customer.

Or maybe you can develop same plugin for cheaper panel like directadmin.

Thanked by 1risharde

@Dazzle thanks for suggestion, I appreciate it. That is a tough one primarily for the app installer I just released as part of WHM Superb. I guess I can try to do a totally separate shoutcast only version for DirectAdmin but I will have to think through it. I dont see it costing more than centova but considering my limited human resources, it won't until I can ever support it properly.

Thanks for the feedback

• Love to hear good news from you then.

• Francisco said: x3's getting gutted in the next major cPanel version so you'll probably not want to waste your time.

Yeah, but EoL still hasn't hit for 11.48 and later, and probably 11.46 (not feeling like looking up atm)

Hmmm why arent people just keeping up with auto cpanel updates to latest stables though? I mean, do things break often?

Thanked by 1zafouhar

Cheers @risharde

So far it's looking good, I'll consider rolling some plans out to customers free of charge too to further test your plugin :)

Thanks @Lordspock, glad to hear its now working! Let me know how it goes! :) Added the 2 months extension to the license, just refresh the license to see the change :)

Do you guys need sc_trans? I have no included it because its end of life and no development seems is taking place with it. How is the liquidsoap working out for you guys?

Also I have another update coming out soon to support icecast! Wish me luck!

edited November 2015

Hi everyone, happy thanksgiving! Seems I mixed it up with last week (not from the US). Today (Thanksgiving Day), I've released another major release to WHM Superb (click on the Auto Update or just wait until it updates). Now, you can create Icecast Stations as well!

So now, WHM Superb allows both Shoutcast and Icecast!
    A basic apps installer that can install Wordpress, Drupal and Roundcube
    Backup Store and Forward Email Server
    Nginx Reverse Proxy
    and more

New to WHM Superb? Get it here: http://www.dovetechnologies.net/whmsuperb.html

If all goes well and I get permission from @mpkossen @mikho or @jcaleb
    I will be launching a very special launch price to the LET community which you won't want to miss!

crosses fingers and waits for permission

• Looks good.

All the current shoutcast solutions for cPanel are whack. and centovacast is overpriced.

Thanked by 1risharde

Thanks @jmckeag12, we're approaching this plugin more on the lines of simplicity, easy to use and affordable. Make sure to look out for the sale, it's going to be a steal of a deal! :)

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I'm not a mod anymore so I can't give you permission.

You will have to wait for @mpkossen or perhaps @jarland

Thanked by 1risharde
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

mikho said: You will have to wait for @mpkossen or perhaps @jarland

I'd love to discuss it if @risharde wants to send a message over requesting provider status :)

Thanked by 1risharde
  • I think this is super cool

Thanked by 1risharde

Thanks @jcaleb, appreciate it, yes @jarland I am kindly requesting provider status in order to continue, thanks

• We added you to provider's. We wish you all the best.