Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notify Customers on Migration : Professionalism ?!? + NexHost Sold ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Notify Customers on Migration : Professionalism ?!? + NexHost Sold ?

Comments

• So my $6/y KVM will not be a renewable product?

Please communicate important upcoming changes to your clientbase.

Not renewing contracts is fine, but do give customers fair warning after an acquisition.

• @vimalware said:
    So my $6/y KVM will not be a renewable product?

Please communicate important upcoming changes to your clientbase.

Not renewing contracts is fine, but do give customers fair warning after an acquisition.

No one mentioned anything about the VPS being discontinued. only mention was the OpenVZ NAT VPS. but I bought Hardware to colocate it in Seattle. the Los Angeles KVM is 100% safe as that is already on my colocated Hardware. Just waiting to buy Hardware for Dallas now.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Seems to me @jmckeag12 is taking all the steps to get the company back stable as well as working his ass of to satisfy older customers, cant satisfy everyone though man. I'd say do what you need to do to get the company back stable and running up to its full potential.

Thanked by 2NexHost Peroni
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

jmckeag12 said: Seattle has no IPv6 has nothing to do with me. I asked the Provider who use CNServers. and they don't offer IPv6 because of DDoS Attacks. How ever we will be offering NAT VPS in our Los Angeles Location that has IPv6.

There is a solution you can do to resolve it (and I suggested it in my ticket a while back before you acquired the company probably). Create an HE tunnel and hand out IPs from the /64 or /48 block to the Seattle VPSs. I am doing this in our Portland location with CNServers and it's working fine with only a single IPv4 being used up on the node. I would run an HE tunnel myself but it's not possible to do on the NAT'ed IP because another client already did it and HE limits one tunnel per public IP.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@jmckeag12 said:
    Really your having a go at me when I try to help you? and everyone else?

TheOP

I'm not blaming you for anything. I just told that you could have notified us. Rest answer is below.

How can I alert and notify you of anything. when I get told not to mass email anyone. As that was part of How NexHost used to operate. assuring people they'd not get mass emails from NexHost. So my apologies for trying to do the right thing.

And when I mass email anyone I know people will moan so I avoid doing it anyway.

Mass Email makes problem when you do it with Marketing, I can't really understand why a Customer, who has an Active Service with you, will moan at you when you notify them about any type of maintanance + Service upgradation ?? I think,

1. Mark has meant this differently while you got it wrong.

2. Or, You also have the GVH Database & you are afraid to email your customers if the non-customers get Email & moan at you.

However, the point I needed to know is resolved. I don't need to pull this topic to any extend.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

I'm not notifying anyone via email. I am creating a page where all notifications regarding any service changes will me made. And I don't have any GVH Database. there is 1,653 active clients on NexHost Including my clients from other brands. as I merged all my brands into 1 to provide better responses times to all clients.

But as of right now there is a lot of ongoing issues that need my attention. that are stopping me from doing the little modifications. Such as the Shared Hosting upon migrating it a lot of the DNS Templates are messed up. but as a result there is a huge influx of tickets. I have to tell the clients to inform me of all the domains they are Hosting. so I can fix the issues with the DNS Templates. and when they come in I alert most people that NexHost has been acquired and try to answer any questions they might have.

@jmckeag12 said:
    But as of right now there is a lot of ongoing issues that need my attention. that are stopping me from doing the little modifications. Such as the Shared Hosting upon migrating it a lot of the DNS Templates are messed up. but as a result there is a huge influx of tickets. I have to tell the clients to inform me of all the domains they are Hosting. so I can fix the issues with the DNS Templates. and when they come in I alert most people that NexHost has been acquired and try to answer any questions they might have.

I can see you're working hard. Carry on & we will be very happy if you further inform us about any future maintainance / upgradation you do.

Thanked by 3bersy NexHost vimalware
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I can see you're working hard. Carry on & we will be very happy if you further inform us about any future maintainance / upgradation you do.

Done.

http://status.nexhost.net/

Will be up now I have been planning on doing this for days. but I had to merge all of the brands into 1 and progress and resolve other issues before this.

Thanked by 2bersy vimalware

@jmckeag12 said:
    Will be up now I have been planning on doing this for days. but I had to merge all of the brands into 1 and progress and resolve other issues before this.

It isn't loading from My End. However, May I know what your other brands are ? And I sent you a PM, feel free to check when you're free.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Sighs... bashing a provider... typical let

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • @jmckeag12 if I may ask: How old are you?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    jmckeag12 if I may ask: How old are you?

I'm 21 years old. Started in the Hosting Industry at a young age. and it's my hobby as well as work for me.

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: It isn't loading from My End. However, May I know what your other brands are ? And I sent you a PM, feel free to check when you're free.

Sent you a PM I'm just waiting for docker to Install. Thanks @ClamHost for the idea of the script for the status page.

Thanked by 2gsrdgrdghd tomsfarm
  • jmckeag12 said: I'm 21 years old. Started in the Hosting Industry at a young age. and it's my hobby as well as work for me.

Does your profile picture need updating? Without judging a book by it's cover... I'd probably only trust you to look after a pet hamster, rather than majority of my domains...

I understand you've had to pick this up off the floor - but you could of atleast messaged people to let them know what's gone on, and what is going to happen, what to expect over the next few days, where to get help etc.

Right now, you're tarnishing your own name by doing "whatever" you want with these clients (me inclusive) and services.

How did you expect this to pan out? Take over a company and just not expect people to talk? Nexhost probably has a fair few LET and WHT Clients, and we're well known for making public posts like these calling hosts out for their questionable actions.

Also: http://status.nexhost.net/ - Does not resolve. DNS Issues again? :D

Think I'll be making a personal decision and jumping ship; there's far too much reliance on the websites that are hosted there to be owned and serviced by a company that's floating between owners. And the current owner is trying to make himself look better saying that he wont make any cash for a year etc. You dont make money on something if they're sold at $2/yr with a dedicated IP... :P

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

eastonch said: Also: http://status.nexhost.net/ - Does not resolve. DNS Issues again? :D

https://dnschecker.org/#A/status.nexhost.net
     http://intodns.com/dollarvz.com

The Status Page needs Installing first.

No There is not a DNS issue..

The DNS was moved from a standalone (Same Server Setup) to a Redundant Cluster Located i Los Angeles. and I'm not doing what I want with the clients. Even the OP said that he was just wanting more Information. The DNS was also messed up on the most recent migration from OVH to Los Angeles.

I'm not doing what I want. I am working on restoring the NAT Services. and doing what is needed. And based on my image I could not even Look after a Hampster OK say what you want. I don't care.

I have been in the Hosting Industry for more then 11 years and I have had this same attention for that entire time. So I honestly don't care what people say about me. as I have been dealing with this in the Hosting Industry for all this time. Secondly your opinion does not bother me I have a lot of clients and help other people. They know who i am and what I'm capable of and what I do for them.

I was given NexHost I did not pay a single $ for it. so there is no buyout or sale. But a take over. I am investing money that I make from my Colocation and Dedicated clients. to improve the services at NexHost for all the clients.

And you stated doing what I want with the clients. If you are a client have you submitted a ticket and are you not getting a response or something?

Total Active Tickets (75)
     Customer Reply (2)
     In Progress (1)
     Pending Installs (14)

I don't get what I have done wrong. but try and improve NexHost. and make sure everything is going to run stable for the foreseeable future. and answer tickets as fast as I can. and Stay up for 36+ Hours working on NexHost to restore it. I hate having to deal with the tickets so I try to make sure everything is stable. as it avoids the tickets being there in the First place. or at least reduces the amount of tickets there is overall.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@jmckeag12 Feel free to reach out to me if you need help with anything, be it technical or otherwise.

• jmckeag12 said: I'm not doing what I want. I am working on restoring the NAT Services. and doing what is needed. And based on my image I could not even Look after a Hampster OK say what you want. I don't care.

I said I would trust you with the hamster, I think you've had 1 too many energy drinks, or a lack of sleep.

I've been in similar positions, it's not easy.

jmckeag12 said: I have been in the Hosting Industry for more then 11 years and I have had this same attention for that entire time.

So you began when you were 10? And you're persisted with the same attitude and attention? This explains ALOT.

Within infosec and IT in general, your learning curve should never level out and you should always be prepared to learn something new; but when you have live clients you need to treat them with the respect & dignity that they deserve - such as mass mailing explaining what's happening.

What if you have some clients who have infrastructure where it's dependent on a certain IP address? You've just caused them some problems without telling them.

jmckeag12 said: I was given NexHost I did not pay a single $ for it. so there is no buyout or sale. But a take over. I am investing money that I make from my Colocation and Dedicated clients. to improve the services at NexHost for all the clients.

I certainly appreciate your efforts, but if I was aware of the state of nexhost before I signed up with them a few months ago I'd of stayed well clear.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

eastonch said: Think I'll be making a personal decision and jumping ship; there's far too much reliance on the websites that are hosted there to be owned and serviced by a company that's floating between owners. And the current owner is trying to make himself look better saying that he wont make any cash for a year etc. You dont make money on something if they're sold at $2/yr with a dedicated IP... :P

If you want to move that is up to you. No Problem with that. :)

DollarVZ is a separate brand of NexHost. these plans are there. to Increase the client base @NexHost. and is merely a break even Project that does make some Profit. But it still breaks even. and has proven to work as NexHost has stayed up and continued to provide the same Plans. it's mostly also funded by the Monthly Paying clients.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

eastonch said: Within infosec and IT in general, your learning curve should never level out and you should always be prepared to learn something new; but when you have live clients you need to treat them with the respect & dignity that they deserve - such as mass mailing explaining what's happening.

Please provide a example where I have been rude or disrespectful to any of the clients who have submitted a ticket. I know what I'm doing so if you don't mind. I'm busy attending my duties that I carry out on a daily basis.

eastonch said: I certainly appreciate your efforts, but if I was aware of the state of nexhost before I signed up with them a few months ago I'd of stayed well clear.

I don't get what you mean by the state of NexHost. there is only 1 out of 34 machines that are down right now. And our Los Angeles Location has maintained 100% Uptime for god knows how long. So please continue because you have nothing to throw at me. You are just stating random nonsense.

NexHost is a company that is making more then $35,000 a year and havs more then $15,000 in assets. we are not small. and I'll sit here and argue with anyone who wants to bash me. Because I'm here to stay and I won't go anywhere. So Please Continue :)

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited November 2015

eastonch said: but when you have live clients you need to treat them with the respect & dignity that they deserve

This is why being a funeral director must be so much better than having live clients. It's probably a lot easier to have respect for people who aren't whining about every little thing.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • @singsing said:
    This is why being a funeral director is so much better than having live clients.

Such Live clients have been taken care of and are being updated by Ticket.

• jmckeag12 said: Please provide a example where I have been rude or disrespectful to any of the clients who have submitted a ticket. I know what I'm doing so if you don't mind. I'm busy attending my duties that I carry out on a daily basis.

Sure;

jmckeag12 said: How can I alert and notify you of anything. when I get told not to mass email anyone. As that was part of How NexHost used to operate. assuring people they'd not get mass emails from NexHost. So my apologies for trying to do the right thing.

• this is now your venture, so do as you wish, I'm sure clients would appreciate knowing, either way and keeping them in the dark like this brings the sense that there is more to hide.

And when I mass email anyone I know people will moan so I avoid doing it anyway.

• Sigh. Just because you've got this "idea" that people will bitch and moan doesnt mean you shouldn't do it in this instance, its not like you've just added a HDD, you've moved infrastructure. And there's still no notification until somebody comes to you directly via ticket like myself.

Now I'll be busy answering and maintaining all of these Yearly Plans that I have to keep running for practically nothing for the next year. and my name tarnished even more as result. When all I'm trying to do is help everyone.

This is the kicker.
    This sounds like you're complaining that you've taken on a company for free when it was your decision entirely, where's the "We look forward to improving services over the next 6 months...." and possibly e-mailing those clients on those plans to tell them the limitations of the new structure, and for clients like myself (who was given more resources than I'm paying for by the old owner) would be able to come forward and get on a pricing structure that's both fair and beneficial for both of us.

jmckeag12 said:

I don't get what you mean by the state of NexHost. there is only 1 out of 34 machines that are down right now. And our Los Angeles Location has maintained 100% Uptime for god knows how long. So please continue because you have nothing to throw at me. You are just stating random nonsense.

Random nonsense?! You're the one making random actions on client services then when it fails, not informing anybody and just hoping for the best, until your clients start spamming your inbox because of issues.

I reckon the only reason you've had so many ticket replies over the last few days is because of the failed migrations YOU performed without telling people.

/rant

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

eastonch said: this is now your venture, so do as you wish, I'm sure clients would appreciate knowing, either way and keeping them in the dark like this brings the sense that there is more to hide.

Clients are not left in the dark. If anyone submits a Ticket it will get resolved. I'm serious about what I do. And my largest paying clients Know this. Hence why they stay with me. and keep buying more Dedicated machines from me.

eastonch said: Sigh. Just because you've got this "idea" that people will bitch and moan doesnt mean you shouldn't do it in this instance, its not like you've just added a HDD, you've moved infrastructure. And there's still no notification until somebody comes to you directly via ticket like myself.

I'm not mass emailing anyone. there is no buyout or a take over. I have merged every brand that I have to NexHost. Only thing that has been moved was the Shared Hosting. and everyone who has reported a issue has been taken care of. What Mass Email and alert people of changes that are still yet unknown?

There will be a announcement posted in the billing area. once we know what is going to happen with every service.

eastonch said: This is the kicker. This sounds like you're complaining that you've taken on a company for free when it was your decision entirely, where's the "We look forward to improving services over the next 6 months...." and possibly e-mailing those clients on those plans to tell them the limitations of the new structure, and for clients like myself (who was given more resources than I'm paying for by the old owner) would be able to come forward and get on a pricing structure that's both fair and beneficial for both of us.

I'm not complaining. if I had such a issue I'd of never accepted the option to take over NexHost. I was delighted at the fact of taking over NexHost. as I have always wanted to do the NAT Style VPS.

If you got a specific deal that you are not getting now. Please Submit a Ticket. and I'll happily get the resources allocated to you. That is not a issue. at all. Never said it was either. Had clients submit a ticket and request that already. if it's not too unrealistic then I'll honor it or issue a refund.

Shared Hosting was a exception. and my apologies if you was caused any distress by that move. Everything is stable now. I'll even add you on Skype if you want so we can resolve this?

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@jmckeag12

Dude just don't feed into the haters man, just take care of your business and get everything back up and running smoothly.

• @dailymc said:
    Grammar in your support tickets should be a priority regardless of language, on top of getting the issue solved of course. Maybe it's bad of me to say, but seeing things not typed correctly doesn't exactly give people a lot of faith in your ability to understand what is being communicated. Typos happen, but I don't think that's what is going on here. Something that maybe seems so small would honestly be the difference between one host and another and I just can't believe providers slouch on it as much as they do.

Focus on the topic at hand. we are only human to make mistakes. Seriously people are worried about services not grammer honestly this is the wrong spot to talk about grammer people just want to make sure there services online.

@Licensecart We shouldn't look at his past and we should look at the now. look at it this way he's night hiding like other providers he's doing what he can do to make customers happy. I know you and @jmckeag12 are the best of friends but we should look away from that start from the now. Many people he hasn't done wrong by.

@jmckeag12 Major props for you handling this head on.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • jmckeag12 said: Shared Hosting was a exception. and my apologies if you was caused any distress by that move. Everything is stable now. I'll even add you on Skype if you want so we can resolve this?

Nothing is to be resolved, you sorted my problems out the other night really quickly, I've got no problems with this.

What i'm trying to say is that I thought I was with a little bit more of an established company than what it >was<.

I've got no idea on your history nor do I about your infrastructure, all I Have to go off is what's been posted here and some research from some google-foo.

If you check ticket...: 723858 you can see where I've tried to offer more cash for my service because of the resources that were allocated to me earlier in the service term.

I do wish you good luck on this, and I hope that you can keep this stable and keep everybody happy, migrations are not easy but don't expect a backlash when you start migrating clients without informing them. Irrelevant of the old buisness model, you changed something big about the service (IP addresses, and DNS failed). If I hadn't of seen the site down I'd of never of known about this. (Well, until this thread ofcourse :P).

I apologise if I've come across as a "hater" that's not what i'm trying to do, i'm just trying to get answers and reasons whats happening both with my own client data and my websites :).

Thanks

• eastonch said: I apologise if I've come across as a "hater" that's not what i'm trying to do, i'm just trying to get answers and reasons whats happening both with my own client data and my websites :).

You are in good hands don't worry about that. PM me your Skype and I'll happily help you day or night. :)

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@jmckeag12 Just starting to think this:

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • @eastonch said:

I'm confused first you say he resolved it then you say he did which is it?

@jmckeag12 jumps to the rescue even offering help via skype.

I came in here for moral and mental support for all

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • This post made no sense - I think you've missed the overall message of my posts. :P

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
This discussion has been closed.