Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notify Customers on Migration : Professionalism ?!? + NexHost Sold ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Notify Customers on Migration : Professionalism ?!? + NexHost Sold ?

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I have a Shared Hosting with NexHost, yesterday, I found My Portal Down ! I asked in the support & got to know that they migrated Server, however, I wasn't notified earlier. How do you consider this thing ?? Shouldn't a Host Notify their customers upon migrating Servers ?? And the staff said, there was no way to notify. There can be Problem with Server but I just couldn't figure out how that can stop emailing & notifying customers. And, it seems NexHost's owner has been changed Most Probably ??

Thanked by 1vimalware

Comments

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited November 2015

I also had the same issue with a large number of sites.. Luckily the 'new owner' resolved it quickly.

Rather dissapointed not knowing a bit more of the story! - Was this just a overnight host that just sold up? Wondered why the website is still half finished. Apart from this, they've been excellent!

Turns out I have more to add to this story.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

If they even emailed everyone, there will be people coming up here saying "I was never notified". What about their professionalism? They answered very courteously.

• @jmckeag12 prepare for something... You started it.

• Well firstly they use WHMCS so they could have mass mailed people don't care if they are customers with active services that they are being migrated to a new server... Geez but Jordan Mckeag, I would move your services elsewhere he's got a bad reputation cough David Jones he used to run ClamHost with his business partner. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/681579/#Comment_681579

Run a mile.

• dailydaily Member
    edited November 2015

Grammar in your support tickets should be a priority regardless of language, on top of getting the issue solved of course. Maybe it's bad of me to say, but seeing things not typed correctly doesn't exactly give people a lot of faith in your ability to understand what is being communicated. Typos happen, but I don't think that's what is going on here. Something that maybe seems so small would honestly be the difference between one host and another and I just can't believe providers slouch on it as much as they do.

Thanked by 2netomx OnraHost
  • eastoncheastonch Member
    edited November 2015

I'd say he's dealt with all tickets rather well; however I was never aware of the state of the services behind closed doors.

@Licensecart said:
    Well firstly they use WHMCS so they could have mass mailed people don't care if they are customers with active services that they are being migrated to a new server... Geez but Jordan Mckeag, I would move your services elsewhere he's got a bad reputation cough David Jones he used to run ClamHost with his business partner. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/681579/#Comment_681579

Run a mile.

This now makes me worried.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • "There is no way to notify you as if we mass e-mail people will complain."

Face palm.

• @jmckeag12

and it's 16 cores not 32 :D (2x8 is 16)

• @TarZZ92 said:
    and it's 16 cores not 32 :D (2x8 is 16)

That story again... I don't get it why people do this.

So 1 CPU has 8 cores and 2 have 16 cores --> this are real cores. These CPUs have hyperthreading so you get another 16 "virtual" cores. But why are people so dishonest? Marketing... Sounds better to say 32 cores than 16 cores and 32 threads.

http://ark.intel.com/products/64590/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2650-20M-Cache-2_00-GHz-8_00-GTs-Intel-QPI

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"There is no way to notify you as if we mass e-mail people will complain."

"And I don't want to listen to it."

Stay classy, @jmckeag12

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2015

Hidden_Refuge said: So 1 CPU has 8 cores and 2 have 16 cores --> this are real cores. These CPUs have hyperthreading so you get another 16 "virtual" cores. But why are people so dishonest? Marketing... Sounds better to say 32 cores than 16 cores and 32 threads.

and once again threads are not cores, totally different, perhaps you should do some research on what an actual thread is. it's hardly rocket science. you must be dumb to believe a thread is a core or anything like it.

that server has 16 cores and 32 threads... end of.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    If they even emailed everyone, there will be people coming up here saying "I was never notified". What about their professionalism? They answered very courteously.

Yes, there will be but there will also be some people who will protest it. Bad luck for him that now none is going to protest it as none has been emailed ;)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I went to cancel my VPS with them and noticed some PHP errors at the top of the page regarding the Virtualizor module (which is weird because my records show my VPS was using SolusVM but the link to it is dead now). Regardless of the control panel, my VPS is also offline now so it appears this isn't limited to Shared Hosting.

• My LA VPS still working fine..

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

Really your having a go at me when I try to help you? and everyone else?

@TheOP

How can I alert and notify you of anything. when I get told not to mass email anyone. As that was part of How NexHost used to operate. assuring people they'd not get mass emails from NexHost. So my apologies for trying to do the right thing.

And when I mass email anyone I know people will moan so I avoid doing it anyway.

Now I'll be busy answering and maintaining all of these Yearly Plans that I have to keep running for practically nothing for the next year. and my name tarnished even more as result. When all I'm trying to do is help everyone.

@KuJoe said:
    I went to cancel my VPS with them and noticed some PHP errors at the top of the page regarding the Virtualizor module (which is weird because my records show my VPS was using SolusVM but the link to it is dead now). Regardless of the control panel, my VPS is also offline now so it appears this isn't limited to Shared Hosting.

Has nothing to do with me I was handed NexHost with a cancelled node. that was running SolusVM before. and we have moved it all to Virtualizor.

@KuJoe said:

dailymc said: Grammar in your support tickets should be a priority regardless of language, on top of getting the issue solved of course. Maybe it's bad of me to say, but seeing things not typed correctly doesn't exactly give people a lot of faith in your ability to understand what is being communicated. Typos happen, but I don't think that's what is going on here. Something that maybe seems so small would honestly be the difference between one host and another and I just can't believe providers slouch on it as much as they do.

My Grammar has nothing to do with the way that I work. I answer and deal with any ticket that comes in to the best of my ability. If you don't like it then Don't choose NexHost. Just because I'm not educated like everyone else. Don't pick on me regarding it. Because that is not fair.

Hidden_Refuge said: So 1 CPU has 8 cores and 2 have 16 cores --> this are real cores. These CPUs have hyperthreading so you get another 16 "virtual" cores. But why are people so dishonest? Marketing... Sounds better to say 32 cores than 16 cores and 32 threads.

I know it has 16 cores and 32 threads. the threads still provide some Performance. The server is only showing 16 cores anyway. So I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thanked by 2vimalware TarZZ92
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@Double Post

• @jmckeag12 - although, sending out notifications would have been handy, i do have a quick question..

Will you then be applying virtualizor to ALL nodes under all plans?

(ie, the 512MB Storage plans)

as when mark was there, it took around 9 days to get an OS Reinstall. wasn't high priority or anything, but still took a huge amount of time.

Either way, Hope that all goes well.

@KuJoe - Would these be the errors?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

AutoSnipe said: as when mark was there, it took around 9 days to get an OS Reinstall. wasn't high priority or anything, but still took a huge amount of time.

I'm answering up to 70 tickets a day resolving any issue that comes in. as fast as I can. to try and make everyone at NexHost Happy. so they can have a solid service again. I am just trying to keep providing these yearly plans for the foreseeable future. and resolving as much issues as possible.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

jmckeag12 said: Has nothing to do with me I was handed NexHost with a cancelled node. that was running SolusVM before. and we have moved it all to Virtualizor.

Oh ok, so when can I expect my login details for Virtualizor and my new VPS? I'll probably ask to remove the cancellation request depending on if the new VPS has IPv6 or not.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@KuJoe said:
    Oh ok, so when can I expect my login details for Virtualizor and my new VPS? I'll probably ask to remove the cancellation request depending on if the new VPS has IPv6 or not.

Seattle has no IPv6 has nothing to do with me. I asked the Provider who use CNServers. and they don't offer IPv6 because of DDoS Attacks. How ever we will be offering NAT VPS in our Los Angeles Location that has IPv6.

Just to Inform everyone Seattle will be offline for the next 6-7 hours while we migrate it from Proxmox to Virtualizor.

• @TarZZ92 said:
    and once again threads are not cores, totally different, perhaps you should do some research on what an actual thread is. it's hardly rocket science. you must be dumb to believe a thread is a core or anything like it.

that server has 16 cores and 32 threads... end of.

What you are saying is 100% correct and I'm on your side. BUT, providers don't care about that and call it 32 cores just because it looks better. It's like people calling HSPA+ 4G when it's 3.75G at best. Marketing.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

jmckeag12 said: they don't offer IPv6 because of DDoS Attacks.

?

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    ?

There is no IPv6 Filtering so they won't offer IPv6 as when they tried to release it. they got the floods directed through IPv6. not sure. These are 2 Locations I have been handed to me overnight.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@Licensecart said:
    Well firstly they use WHMCS so they could have mass mailed people don't care if they are customers with active services that they are being migrated to a new server... Geez but Jordan Mckeag, I would move your services elsewhere he's got a bad reputation cough David Jones he used to run ClamHost with his business partner. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/681579/#Comment_681579

Run a mile.

Cough smell a little bit of jealously as per usual with you.

I haven't done anything wrong and I have a lot of Colocation and Dedicated clients. who trust their servers with me. And there is a specific reason for that ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

jmckeag12 said: And when I mass email anyone I know people will moan so I avoid doing it anyway

Here's a reply for you:

Dear customer,

>

I am notifying you of vital information. If you are not interested in your service with us, please file a cancellation request.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • jmckeag12 said: Now I'll be busy answering and maintaining all of these Yearly Plans that I have to keep running for practically nothing for the next year. and my name tarnished even more as result. When all I'm trying to do is help everyone.

That was your choice, not anybody elses.

Don't push the blame away saying "I'm running this for nothing" when you agreed to take it on knowing what you were getting yourself into.

Just throwing this out there too, but your profile picture doesn't help your gleaming reputation very much either.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@MrObvious said:
    Just throwing this out there too, but your profile picture doesn't help your gleaming reputation very much either.

Nothing wrong with my Profile PIC.

MrObvious said: Don't push the blame away saying "I'm running this for nothing" when you agreed to take it on knowing what you were getting yourself into.

I have been providing the services in Los Angeles for NexHost for several months. It's my Hardware that the Los Angeles VPS run on. I'm not moaning. But it is true I do have to keep all of these Plans up until the Expiry Date. I don't care about my reputation. If anyone has a issue with that. Then don't buy any services as simple as that. I have clients who pay me monthly and have no issues and even comment on a regular basis about how good of a service they receive.

If you don't mind I'm busy resolving tickets and trying to make NexHost stable again. Same as I have been doing since I took NexHost over is dealing with tickets. and I tried to resolve the ticket the OP made but since he is not happy considering that I rushed the ticket. as I do to try and get through all of the tickets. as that is my Priority to resolve a issue and not to sit there and look over all of my grammar on every response. or people would be waiting a lot longer.

Thanked by 1tenpera
  • @Licensecart said:

Run a mile.

If you don't mind me asking, what did Jordan do to you? Anytime Jordan's name is involved in anything, I usually make a bet that you will post.

The only time I even recall you and him arguing was something to do with Blesta?

I am by no means trying to start an argument with you, but you posting excessively when Jordan is mentioned excited my suppressed curiosity.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

clamhost said: @Licensecart said: Well firstly they use WHMCS so they could have mass mailed people don't care if they are customers with active services that they are being migrated to a new server... Geez but Jordan Mckeag, I would move your services elsewhere he's got a bad reputation cough David Jones he used to run ClamHost with his business partner. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/681579/#Comment_681579

Run a mile

And what you hate me because I refused to keep using Blesta. we was talking on Skype. and you helped me integrate ClamHost(s) site into the template. and when I told you i was not going to use Blesta anymore you blocked me. and what because Blesta makes everything I do 10x harder. I decide not to use it. you have had a grudge with me ever since then.

And you stated that I move software all the time. Used Virtualizor for several months while I dislike that. I haven't switched but if I have to I will. as that is up to me. not you. If you want to keep commenting about everything I do go ahead I honestly don't care.

Why would I use a Product that does not have the features I require or my clients require.

This discussion has been closed.