Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiring Tech Support - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiring Tech Support

13»

Comments

• @cociu
    I make $620/mo after taxes as a sysadmin in this eastern European country. :(

• William said: uh, remote hands?

Thats part of the service you contract from the colo provider. Its not like you pay the colo provider then the individual contacts you for his kickback.

• Kupol said: Kupol

Sorry for my interest but you work in RO ?

• KupolKupol Member
    edited November 2015

cociu said: Sorry for my interest but you work in RO ?

No, Slovakia.

• MarkTurner said: Thats part of the service you contract from the colo provider. Its not like you pay the colo provider then the individual contacts you for his kickback.

In the end it is nothing more than "Included remotehands".

• smansman Member
    edited November 2015

@doghouch said:

Canada is also one of the cleanest and safest and most desireable places to live with free healthcare. That comes at a price and the taxes/expenses aren't nearly as bad as Europe.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @sman said:
    Canada is also one of the cleanest and safest and most desireable places to live with free healthcare. That comes at a price and the taxes/expenses aren't nearly as bad as Europe.

Can't wait till the new government hikes the taxes though o3o (might soon be 15 or 18%) :/

As for safety's concern, it is one of the safest places to be... no wars... nothing :)

• @sman said: Canada is also one of the cleanest and safest and most desireable places to live with free healthcare. That comes at a price and the taxes/expenses aren't nearly as bad as Europe.

Agreed, except for one thing: cooooold! Nice weather there for only 4 months each year. I vote for Australia instead ;)

• aglodek said: Agreed, except for one thing: cooooold! Nice weather there for only 4 months each year. I vote for Australia instead ;)

You get jack shit in Australia unless you're a citizen.

• @aglodek said:

It's way too hot in Australia. It's around 40 degrees today and it's not even officially summer yet.

• @Rozza said: It's way too hot in Australia. It's around 40 degrees today and it's not even officially summer yet.

That kinda depends where in Australia you live, ain't it? It's a whole continent, man! I'm thinking: Brisbane, Gold Coast, thereabouts ;)

One problem I see with Australia, though: sounds like the internet pretty much sucks down under...

• @aglodek said:
    One problem I see with Australia, though: sounds like the internet pretty much sucks down under...

I've lived in those areas, it's pretty damn hot, and it's not even just the heat, but the humidity. Take a shower, hop out, dry off, a few mins later you're drenched in sweat again. But if that's your thing.. :P

The internet does suck, unless you're one of the lucky few to get FTTH. :(

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Rozza said:
    The internet does suck, unless you're one of the lucky few to get FTTH. :(

I have FTTH and live in Tasmania. I get fast internet and bearable weather all year round.

• @trewq said:
    I have FTTH and live in Tasmania. I get fast internet and bearable weather all year round.

Want a roommate?
    I've always wanted to visit tassie but I might have to look into moving there now. Anyways, time to stop the off-topic chatter :P

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

$1 per ticket, not too bad for some.

• pbgben said: $1 per ticket, not too bad for some.

if college/uni cost like $50 a class.

• Austrailia pretty much only has 1 submarine cable to direct to the US which I think has gone down in the past. One of the main cables to Singapore recently went down again which I guess is another key one for that whole country. So yea, based on my knowledge of their submarine cable situation I would assume their internet probably mostly sucks.

They are talking about putting in another cable to the US but it's just talk at this point. They are trying to get the financing together.

• sman said: Austrailia pretty much only has 1 submarine cable to direct to the US

SeaMeWe-3 - AU to Germany (via Suez)

PPC-1 - AU to Guam (US)

SCCN - AU to US (mainland), via NZ and HI redundant

Endeavour - AU to US (HI)

There are also at least 5 high capacity cables in building process, both to US and to Europe.

• @William said:

I mean it rounds down to 0 (1?) I guess...