Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiring Tech Support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hiring Tech Support

Comments

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited November 2015

cloudvps said: Handling 5 to 6 ticket wont take someone more than 15 minutes a day if you know your stuff.

If it's only 15 min a day, then why are you working so hard to outsource it?

cloudvps said: We will be scheduling interview today.

Of course, how could you get a job that pays a whopping $3/hr without an iiiiiinterview.

• IgniteServersIgniteServers Member
    edited November 2015

@cloudvps with 5 tickets a day you can do it yourself and just save your money. Most system admins actually want a salary paying job that actually pays the bills. My best bet for you would be to hire a freelancer to do the extra workload that you have. Might come out cheaper and save you from having to hire someone and doing tax paperwork and contracts and all that time consuming stuff, just my opinion.

If you need a bit of help feel free to pm me anything you need help with ill see what I can do for you in my spare time.

• IgniteServers said: If you need a bit of help feel free to pm me anything you need help with ill see what I can do for you in my spare time.

finally cloudvps has savior.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@singsing said:
    Of course, how could you get a job that pays a whopping $3/hr without an iiiiiinterview.

Its LET you want stuff cheap then why not the support staff too ? after all LET means cheap you need to accept the facts :P

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Well for me that 100 could pay my

1month of T.V , Internet, Gas, (3 months of ) Cooking Gas, 2 weeks of groceries :P, I could get a pair or 2 of denims :P

Thanked by 1IgniteServers
  • tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@cloudvps said:
    The hire is to work directly for our company. Not for any third party. People should stop commenting assuming stuff!

specifically they should stop assuming you know anything about how employement works in their location or yours and that they will be treated fairly and legally.

I'm afraid this isn't a jobs board created for your convinence. If you want to control the conversation set up your own site.

• for me, that would pay for....

1 month of phone (mobile + landline)
    - OR -
    1 month of internet (24 / 2 - 500GB Cap.)
    - OR -
    3 days of petrol (I drive, a lot....)
    - OR -
    22.5 days of electricity
    - OR -
    2.2 days of rent
    - OR -
    Decent bottle of scotch.. (definitely not this bad boy.. but it's on my wish list.. $45,000 bottle

at times, I wish $100 would go as far as it does in India like it does for @BharatB

• AutoSnipe said: for me, that would pay for....

Any of those things and time to land a few other clients to do the same, if you are good with paying attention to your email client, you should be able to squeeze much more work into your schedule.

I don't understand all the groaning going on in this thread, @cloudvps made an offer, if it interests some, submit your application, if it doesn't, move along. This last line is not directed at you @AutoSnipe but the general grumpiness of some on the forum.

Thanked by 3iKeyZ AuroraZ aglodek
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

For Me, It's more than @BharatB in Bangladesh :D

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

I think $100 is a good amount for working 1-2hours a day for Bangladesh people :P

• tehdantehdan Member
    edited November 2015

@miTgiB I'm not sure it's unreasonable to point out to potential applicants (some of whom are likely minors) that their employment rights may extend beyond some guy telling you you're now 'employed' and will get $100 a month for ill-defined responsibilities.

I also don't think it's unhelpful to suggest terms to a possibly naive 'employer' so that they don't assume all the liabilities of taking on employees and the expense and responsibilities this may bring.

As I have pointed out this is after all a discussion board, not a free space for providers to place job adverts and expect only overqualified applicants willing to work for peanuts throwing resumes at them. If OP isn't interested in the discussion he can just check his PMs since that is how he asked people to apply. He doesn't even need to thank the people who by commenting keep his free ad at the top of the pile.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@AutoSnipe said:
    for me, that would pay for....

> 1 month of phone (mobile + landline)
    > - OR -
    > 1 month of internet (24 / 2 - 500GB Cap.)
    > - OR -
    > 3 days of petrol (I drive, a lot....)
    > - OR -
    > 22.5 days of electricity
    > - OR -
    > 2.2 days of rent
    > - OR -
    > Decent bottle of scotch.. (definitely not this bad boy.. but it's on my wish list.. $45,000 bottle
    > 

at times, I wish $100 would go as far as it does in India like it does for BharatB

Too expensive in Canada... for me:

Around 22.8 days of cell service and 0 days landline
    - OR - 
    >0.1% of mortgage
    - OR -
    I use lots if juice (17.5 cents/KWH * 25 = $4.38/hour = 22.8 days of power not including tax)
    - OR -
    >1 week's worth of groceries (damn HST... it's Canada after all)
    - OR -
    92% of my Internet Package (7 MBPS down, 1 up ($10 extra a month for no cap))
    - OR -
    3-4 bottles of Vodka for my amazing cocktails
    - OR - 
    A few bottles of Canadian Whiskey

I wish that the cost of living were like India too - but it's nice n' stable over here in Canada. The only issue is the obnoxious corporate, income and harmonized sales tax. At restaurants, it's almost mandatory to give 15% tip before the 13% tax. Running a company in CanaRip also sucks. The taxes are amazingly high (I'm talkin' <15%). It's even funnier when I order stuff on eBay worth >$10 and the Canadian Border Agency and the Revenue Agency chastise me about duty saying the product is well worth over $30... When you get the package, you pay the tax or you don't get the package. Also, there is a "Tax Convenience Fee," a "Tax Collection Fee," and the damn "Admin Fee..." With all this, houses sell for like $1 million+ now (don't forget the land, so to own a house, you either need (not including the land transfer tax, the transfer fee and a few other crappy taxes) 1) to be a millionaire or 2) have an expensive mortgage with like a great 3% interest rate.

Clearly, $100 isn't much in Canada, nor the UK (basically anywhere in Europe), nor the US.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Decent bottle of scotch.. (definitely not this bad boy.. but it's on my wish list.. $45,000 bottle

I know at least 1 place you should be able to get that by the dram. Worth testing it out before you shell out 45k for a full bottle? :)

• @tehdan - In Australia? :-P

I've had a $10k bottle before (Ballantine).. got it the day my custody battle for my kids finished. (took ~2.5 years for that to happen though)

• @doughouch said:
    At restaurants, it's almost mandatory to give 15% tip before the 13% tax

That's the problem when your waiters have many of the same expenses you do :(

• @AutoSnipe said:
    tehdan - In Australia? :-P

I've had a $10k bottle before (Ballantine).. got it the day my custody battle for my kids finished. (took ~2.5 years for that to happen though)

Nope Scotland, but the plane ticket would be cheaper than the drink :)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@tehdan said:
    Nope Scotland, but the plane ticket would be cheaper than the drink :)

rip $$$

• @doughouch - has your Canadian keyboard also got > and < switched? Having trouble understanding your costs. If $100 would buy me more than a weeks groceries I'd be a happy man :)

• So did you hire anyone?

• tehdan said: That's the problem when your waiters have many of the same expenses you do :(

Its the problem when the restaurant expects you to not only pay the food but also pay on top for their staff. If I go into the restaurant, I am paying them for the service, its down to them to pay for their employees/contractors from the money they charge.

Imagine ordering a server and then everytime the customers asked for technical support, the support engineer put his hand out demanding cash from the customer.

Thanked by 3Pwner aglodek deadbeef
  • MarkTurner said: Its the problem when the restaurant expects you to not only pay the food but also pay on top for their staff. If I go into the restaurant, I am paying them for the service, its down to them to pay for their employees/contractors from the money they charge.

Well, unless it's a fastfood joint, it's expected that you tip, though there is no legal obligation.

Keep in mind that in many states, employees that may receive tips are subject to lower minimum wage paid by employer. While the employer is supposed to make up the difference to ensure that employees do not make less than minimum wage after tips, I am not convinced that this happens 100% of the time.

• singsing said: Keep in mind that in many states, employees that may receive tips are subject to lower minimum wage paid by employer. While the employer is supposed to make up the difference to ensure that employees do not make less than minimum wage after tips, I am not convinced that this happens 100% of the time.

Exactly my point, the restaurant expects the customer to not only pay for the meal and sales tax, they expect them to pay their waiters on top. This tipping culture is really distasteful. Tipping should be for exemplary service where the customer wants to reward the waiter.

That's why its best to stick to establishments that employ (as in the legal sense) their staff rather than go through the indignity of dealing with overly expectant beggars at your table.

Thanked by 3deadbeef ricardo iKeyZ
  • In Romania unfortunatly have persons who win 200$/mo but definetly you dont find a sysadmin for less 700$/mo (8 hours/day)

• cociu said: In Romania unfortunatly have persons who win earn 200$/mo

win = lottery/sweepstakes

earn = salary/paycheck

• @singsing how much is cost your english class ? maybe i cannot afford this

Thanked by 2William iKeyZ
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Exactly my point, the restaurant expects the customer to not only pay for the meal and sales tax, they expect them to pay their waiters on top. This tipping culture is really distasteful. Tipping should be for exemplary service where the customer wants to reward the waiter.

Time to move to a country without tipping :). Heck, I'd much rather tip the chef for a great meal than the person who brings my plate from point A to point B (without spitting in it).

• jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

Lol this thread has so much fail written all over it... $100 a month, hell taxes would be more than that!

• singsingsingsing Member
    edited November 2015

jonbeard said: Lol this thread has so much fail written all over it... $100 a month, hell taxes would be more than that!

Ok, I've never said this to anyone before, but, if you doing your own taxes, you can probably save money by going to real accountant.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@cloudvps I didn't get a Reply Back !

• MarkTurner said: Imagine ordering a server and then everytime the customers asked for technical support, the support engineer put his hand out demanding cash from the customer.

uh, remote hands?

Thanked by 1Rolter