Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TRIAL] BuyVM needs people to help test vswap - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[TRIAL] BuyVM needs people to help test vswap

Comments

• Hahaha! Sorry, I need to abuse :D Let me do it please :D!!!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Go for it :)

Francisco

• With a 20 load Fran will suspend me :D

@yomero said: With a 20 load Fran will suspend me :D

If this was production, sure, but it's a test bed for a reason ;)

Francisco

• Can someone explain why am I hitting the privvmpages limit here?

# free
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:        524288     336540     187748          0          0       4156
    -/+ buffers/cache:     332384     191904
    Swap:            0          0          0

top - 13:43:53 up 2 days,  2:32,  2 users,  load average: 38.00, 37.64, 29.60
    Tasks:  44 total,   1 running,  43 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s):  0.0%us,  0.6%sy, 79.5%ni, 19.9%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:    524288k total,   337936k used,   186352k free,        0k buffers
    Swap:        0k total,        0k used,        0k free,     4224k cached

# cat /proc/user_beancounters
    Version: 2.5
           uid  resource                     held              maxheld              barrier                limit              failcnt
        15059:  kmemsize                 12029609             24764416           2147483646           2147483646                    0
                privvmpages                261781               262144               262144               262144                 9367
                physpages                   82451               131559               131072               131072                   10
                oomguarpages                78468               128638               131072           2147483647                    3

There is plenty of free RAM left, but I can't allocate anything else. If looks similar to what @dmmcintyre3 posted, but my physpages has a decent margin left.

Hah, @yomero, I found your stress tests :P

Well done.

The nodes sitting at 35 loads since you're not the only one stressing it.

Francisco

@vedran - that's just an old setting since stallion isn't 100% vswap/.32 aware.

I can set you to 'unlimited' if you PM me your IP.

Francisco

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

@vedran said: There is plenty of free RAM left, but I can't allocate anything else. If looks similar to what @dmmcintyre3 posted, but my physpages has a decent margin left.

Yeah, I guess that all of us have the same problem :D With my apps I found my barrier around 600MB (1GB box).

@Francisco said: Hah, @yomero, I found your stress tests :P

Just having fun lol. Never stressed so hard a VPS :P In particular my VPSs with you have less than 1.0 load u_u

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited November 2011

Funny thing is, I can allocate all 512MB if I do it from one process, but multiple processes are apparently using more than it's reported by free. Or privvmpages measures memory usage the way "old" OpenVZ did. Or I have no idea what I'm talking about :S I really can't understand how the new user_beancounters works.

Either way, I can't crash this node no matter how hard I try. It's very responsive even with 33.97 load I'm having right now. But I'm new to this abusingload testing field, give me some time.

• lol!

Well, I've read that ubc is being discontinued, so, is unneccesary to establish the memory limits. But still some of these counters influence in the system behavior.

• Oh come on @yomera surely you can do better than 32.

What are you? Chicken?

:D

• yomera is like... female u_u

And yes, I can raise more and more this loads, but Fran will get crazy XD

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk bwauk

:)

(edit: That's supposed to be chicken clucking there if you haven't guessed.)

• Yes, I guessed ¬_¬!!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Mine hasn't arrived yet ;)

@Infinity said: Mine hasn't arrived yet ;

Got an order ID for me?

@yomero - I'm actually waiting to see where the breaking point is to be honest. I mean, 40 loads is bad but people are reporting that node99 feels very responsive so I dunno. The load is there since I see the amount of CPU that's tanked :P

Francisco

• Well, I guess that is because the CPU scheduling, and then I am not interfering with the other people, despite the increasing process queue :P

Well, it's handling CPU scheduling much better either way.

Francisco

@Francisco said: Got an order ID for me?

Yup, I do, the magic number is 9401438679.

I see it, thanks Fran :)

It looks like your VPS got auto provisioned during one of the box crashes that happened.

Sorry about that!

Francisco

Thanked by 1Infinity

We've restocked our trial VM's:

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=99&carttpl=cart https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=100&carttpl=cart

We nuked everyone that was sitting at a 0.0 load. Abuse it or lose it people!

Francisco

• @Francisco said: We nuked everyone that was sitting at a 0.0 load. Abuse it or lose it people!

Was nuking it for a while, but got tired of being locked out ;)

The lockups have been addressed so far :)

There's 2 bugs we know of that we're rolling up ksplices for and i think we'll be sitting good.

Francisco

To poke fun at @yomero, Anthony was doing the mass load check to see who to hit. He found yomeros sitting at a ~30 load and goes 'theres a keeper!'

Francisco

• I compile kernel. Load is now about 8 and it going to up.

• maybe some suggestions besides the compiling kernel would be helpful...

• tuxtux Member
    edited November 2011

It seems that OpenVZ is not best platform compile kernel, so I try another way generate load.

When I calculate floating points, load average is over 65. If I run two or more floating points calculation in same time, I can get higher loads. Load level is now about 130, when I run two floating points calculation in same time.

And if I run two floating points calculation in same time with different values, I got about 257.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2011

HAHAHAHA LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

I am the winner XD

I wanted to go up to 50 load or more but, I can't allocate all my memory u_u

Btw, do you rebooted the node? Crashed? Now I have 3 hours of uptime

Edit: tux is crazy u_u