Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TRIAL] BuyVM needs people to help test vswap - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[TRIAL] BuyVM needs people to help test vswap

Comments

• So, then how is the scheduling working? Fair share? Or just let abuse everyone? :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yomero said: So, then how is the scheduling working? Fair share? Or just let abuse everyone? :D

It's fair share, but on node99 people have access to 4 cores so they're just hammering the damn thing :P

The box has every single CPU topped out.

Francisco

• how many crashes so far?

@apollo15 said: how many crashes so far?

Since the adjustments the only one that has crashed has been node98 but it was also running a kernel from 1 1/2 months ago. We've brought node98 up to the latest kernel so we'll see if it sees the same stability node99 is.

Node99 is about to break 1 full day up.

Francisco

As an update for the providers following this thread:

• node98 had users with vswap still enabled but were not using any of it. The node started to suffer softlocks but once we issued a mass --swappages 0, the node restored 100% and has been stable since.

So, that sucks. Even if the VM isn't doing anything, simply having vswap can nuke a node.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: simply having vswap can nuke a node.

Bug report filed/updated?

@miTgiB said: Bug report filed/updated?

I've spammed their bugzilla enough for now. If they respond to me I'll add more information.

Francisco

• Weekend...

Well, my suggestion, don't use vswap. The new memory management scheme compensate A LOT don't having vswap. Simply you can run more with less memory.

The plan right now is to modify stallion to give room for burstable RAM and do away with vswap for the time being, yep. The new RAM allocation setup works properly without the need for vswap, @dmmcintyre3 was confirming it with minecraft just now.

• I just set off 50k tnt without a crash and only using around 700mb ram with the stack size limit set to 1500mb

• 26 hours now! FTW!

• Argh! I'm late (AGAIN) for this D:

@bolts - we'll have more in the morning when LEA hopefully posts our trial listing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • you know if you really want to test it, I um could make a post somewhere about it with a pointer.

:whistle:

@drmike - hahahaha

As an update, node99 is about to break 2 days and node98 is well into 24+ hours of stability. While to providers used to .18 stability, these milestones on the .32 kernel is impressive. I think if we can get to 7 days on both of them, we're looking really good.

I've had no reply to my bug reports on OVZ.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: I've had no reply to my bug reports on OVZ.

Lazy team xDDD

• They fear the pony.

sigh

well, it took two days but someone forkbombed the node. Funny as hell to see but was way too easy to cleanup without a reboot :P

Nodes have been holding strong, each sitting at 20 - 30 loads without any hiccups.

Francisco

• My account has still not been setup :(

@VMPort said: My account has still not been setup :(

I'll stab Anthony to check the freebie orders and approve whatever :) Since they don't show up in the normal spot for him he gets forgetful.

Francisco

• Thank you, im not trying to hassle you so no rush :)

• So the new stocks would have VSwap? Still waiting on the restock.. :\

• @Francisco
    Im more interested in seeing stallion in action than anything else anyway :P

• Yeah! 3 days and still going on :D

• Still no account for me :(

• @VMPort Really? O_o PM me the email you registered with, I'll take a peek and see what's up.

• PM Sent :D

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

No account for me too :(

well, i dont have any hhahaha

• Got mine now :P

OVZ devs released a new testing kernel with 'vswap fixes' - hah. The "fixes" make it so vswap doesn't work, period :P

We actually have a 3rd node so we don't disrupt the current nodes as people abuse the hell out of them.

Francisco