Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB $6 yearly vps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WTB $6 yearly vps

Comments

• @DominicL how can you sell .50 per month from Nc when dacentec charges a buck for each of them?

• @gubbyte said: I honestly don't know what people do with these VPSs.

Really? http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/167729#Comment_167729

• @sleddog i'm interested in the vps.

• @Damian a shame that IPXcore has stop selling this VPS plan.

Would it help for the next providers that are interested in selling something similar to have a more strict TOS and policy's.

I understand the fact that some clients are a pain in the head, hope this doesn't discourage you from being part of the LEB market and the very low LEB market.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I use mine as vpn for the same reason as @Andre, to access country restricted content as netflix and Hulu.
    It has the best ping from my location (Sweden) compared to all my other US-based vps.

• I think the lower the price point, the more inferred problems can and will exist.

Wouldn't be surprised to see TOS specific to certain packages like these.

Certainly is a need for these though.

• @thekreek said: Would it help for the next providers that are interested in selling something similar to have a more strict TOS and policy's.

If everyone followed providers tos and aup, this would have been a perfect world ;)

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2012

@thekreek said: Would it help for the next providers that are interested in selling something similar to have a more strict TOS and policy's.

@pubcrawler said: I think the lower the price point, the more inferred problems can and will exist.

Wouldn't be surprised to see TOS specific to certain packages like these.

Indeed, the problem we had with these plans were not resource abuse or dmca/phishing/whatever notifications, it was providing support. Taking time to answer questions like "how do I install a VPN" isn't worthwhile at 50 cents/month, despite the many statements in many locations that this was for advanced users.

By volume, this plan generated the fewest abuse complaints out of all of our offerings.

Ostensibly, we could have stated that these plans come with absolutely no support except for host node issues, however, that probably would have resulted in uneducated clients posting 'reviews' like "lolz these guyz sux cuz there's no support", which would then be taken at face value despite everything else.

• That's a tough market @Damian.

To do this you folks need a rocking FAQ with howto's for the newbies.

Unsure why people complain so much :) I only bother with tickets when something that lacks normal logic or totally broken.

As for complaints, I only make those after being thumbed in the eye while being robbed in the pocket :) Which isn't often. Hard to complain about VPS'es that cost so darn little.

• @pubcrawler said: To do this you folks need a rocking FAQ with howto's for the newbies.

You should see all the derp tickets I receive that are easily answered with a Google search in reference to cPanel and Webmin

• @bamn said: answered with a Google search

Most do not have the savant gene to use google

• Must we all google? It's such a nasty thing to do. It's like the equivalent of unsafe sex.

To all the providers, FAQ's and forums, erect them and put what the m-asses need in there. Even if it's begged, borrowed, improvised, etc.

@miTgiB, savant gene :) I firmly agree. But Google has become a total pig pen. I can find squat in it anymore. Littered with non relative stuff.

• @miTgiB said: Most do not have the savant gene to use google

They should replace 6th and 7th grade to replace with a year dedicated to Google and 7th grade dedicated to Wikipedia

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited December 2012

We are actually going to be creating ones for using vpsgrid. Also other tutorials as even though these are unmanaged vps people still think that we will answer every question.

• @24khost said: We are actually going to be creating ones for using vpsgrid. Also other tutorials as even though these are unmanaged vps people still think that we will answer every question.

You may want to consider creating ready-made templates with various VPN software installed, then just write the tutorial for the client to set up the client software on their computer.

• @Damian: May be only need to make two plans, one with support and other without it. Upgradeable at any time at the full period cost as if had purchased the normal plan.

I think that anyone understand that if you didn't paid for the support in the cheaper option to save a few bucks and have been warned about it, can't expect to get it later for free without an upgrade.

Of course you still had to attend node issues and have an updated faq about what is currently working and what is not and what to expect. But you avoid most of the unneeded tickets and your customers still can ask for support if needed.

Since support is the biggest issue with LEBs, putting a threshold on it won't cut the support load?

But really, people fill tickets asking how to install a VPN? :/

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@luxor , bet some does.
    I opened a ticket because solus had a fit when enabling/disabling ppp and tun/tap.

One thing I lernt then and there is that when I reinstalled the vps, solus said noth were enabled but when checking inside the vps it was not.

Then second problem for me was that I tried to soon between changes. Tje changes never had a chance to be applied before I took the next step.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

You can try SD's $10 vps

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dominicl said: I can probably match it in Chicago, LA or NC with 50GB BW too.

LOL!

But your host's "tech support is not much use most of the time. They mark it as in progress then take hours to do anything."

• @MikHo: These are the kind of quirks that a good provider faq should state and guide about how to proceed. The first time it happens to a customer and is replied... well, copy/paste it to a faq is free. Cuts support load and don't waste customer time either. Everybody wins.

But if the provider verify that it's working and is covered in the faq, the answer to a non-support paying customer IMHO should be a canned polite version of "It's working as intended, RTFM" and a link to the upgrade plan. :)

• @Damian
    The vpn stuff is already built into the control panel for installing it.

• @raindog308: Others are well known to be far worse. I'll sign right now for "hours". :(

• The vpn stuff is already built into the control panel for installing it.

On the Solus panel right? there are the tun/tap or ppp, i want to start using my vps as VPN, i have 7 around the world for other purposes.

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited December 2012

@dedicados said: On the Solus panel right? there are the tun/tap or ppp, i want to start using my vps as VPN, i have 7 around the world for other purposes

24khost use custom panel (VPSGrid) developed by the skilled hand of @vedran and his team.

• @NHRoel Not sure @vedran has anything to do with it. I have been dealing with Devon @vdnet who is the owner of that company.

• @24khost said: @NHRoel Not sure @vedran has anything to do with it. I have been dealing with Devon @vdnet who is the owner of that company.

Wrong tag. oops.

• titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
    edited December 2012

@Damian

You could force a client to agree to the term that no support would be provided with the 32mb vps in order for them to be able to order.

But I do understand your reasoning for no longer selling them.

• @titanicsaled said: You could force a client to agree to the term that no support would be provided with the 32mb vps in order for them to be able to order.

But I do understand your reasoning for no longer selling them.

Indeed, i'd rather provide support than just take people's money

• @dominicl said: I can probably match it in Chicago, LA or NC with 50GB BW too.

Do you own your own nodes now?

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

@raindog308 that's my site, not VPS provider

@Jeffrey will do soon