Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transip STACK - free 1TB owncloud - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transip STACK - free 1TB owncloud

Comments

• Got the invite, and after fumbling around I managed to get it working. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock.

Beste ,

Op dit moment hebben we je bestelling P2015-227241 helaas nog niet kunnen opleveren. Wij doen ons best deze zo snel mogelijk uit te voeren. Je hoeft hiervoor verder niets te doen.
    Mocht je bestelling toch niet op korte termijn worden uitgevoerd dan zullen we hierover contact met je opnemen.
    Met vriendelijke groet,

TransIP

• maybe because you not from NL? I translate using google translator.

I got these error too, I sign up a minute after receive email last night.

• @ALinuxNinja said:
    Got the invite, and after fumbling around I managed to get it working. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock.

Just wait for a bit, the service is not always delivered immediately, when mine got activated it took around 15 minutes.. chances are it already working for you now...

• Mine was delivered in about 10 mins after that email. Btw you can change language to english once you are in.

• n0my said: Btw you can change language to english once you are in.

From the cp or the software?

• apidevlabapidevlab Member
    edited December 2015

Let op: STACK is op dit moment alleen beschikbaar in Nederland

Dear sir / Madam,

At this time we can not yet deliver your order P2015-XXXXX. We do our best to implement them as quickly as possible. You do not have to do anything for this.
    If you order would not be implemented in the short term we will speak directly to you.

Sincerely,

TransIP

Any idea if you need a Dutch IP to upload/download?

Took about 5 minutes for mine to be setup. The panel is in Dutch (Obviously) it's actually not that difficult to find your way around.

To change to english login username.stackstorage.com look for 'Instellingen'
    In the bottom left of this page see Voorkeuren
    To switch to English click Taal wijzigen click and set menu to English click Opslaan
    Eh...Voila English

It's a freebie and it seems like an excellent setup :)

• @apidevlab said:
    Any idea if you need a Dutch IP to upload/download?

I also got a similar mail. But my account was activated around 15-20 mins later. And no, you do NOT need a Dutch IP to upload/download.

Though any pointers about changing the language to english will make yours truly very happy.

• @Junkless said:
    ...changing the language to english will make yours truly very happy

See above :)

• It seems to pretty expensive, 2TB is 10 EURO per month and 10TB is 50 although that's in comparison to OVH (Hubic) 10TB for 50 EURO per year

• Wow. Yesterday I didn't click their Dutch save/Change language button and wondered why the screen didn't change to English after finding it.

apidevlab said: To change to english login username.stackstorage.com look for 'Instellingen' In the bottom left of this page see Voorkeuren To switch to English click Taal wijzigen click and set menu to English click Opslaan Eh...Voila English

• goolivergooliver Member
    edited December 2015

I also got my invite yesterday.
    I'm not from anywhere close to the Netherlands but registration worked without any proxy. Yes, provision isn't immediate following registration, I had to wait 15 minutes during which apparently my space was being prepared, but since a friend of mine had to wait hours it could be that they manually approve people on working hours or something.

Tip: You don't have to mount webdav as filesystem. You can also upload files from VPS cli (over Webdav) like this:

$ curl -v -u user:pass -T FILE.NAME https://username.stackstorage.com/remote.php/webdav/FILE.NAME

Problem: using above command files mostly get uploaded well, but when tested with big files (one was 3gb, second was 2gb) I experience 2 issues:

1. operation seems to never end (I aborted it after about 30 minutes) so I don't get bash prompt back. cURL verbose option didn't hint the reason.

2. Although operation never ends, sometime file gets actually uploaded (and sometime not) with the right file size.

Keep in mind that upload speed from my US VPS was about 40mbps so a 3gb file upload should complete in about 10 minutes (so 30 minutes of waiting before aborting were much more than enough) .

I wonder what causes those issues.
    Let me know if you know more.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @Tripleflix said:
    Just wait for a bit, the service is not always delivered immediately, when mine got activated it took around 15 minutes.. chances are it already working for you now...

Lol, I'm still waiting

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Just trying this on cygwin mang, and it works! If you want to publish to a remote dir in owncloud, then it must exist!

Now I'm testing curling an 8GB file to my subdomain but can't see any stats of how it's going.

Looks like interrupting a curl upload won't leave any file on the remote directory.

Looks like a 1GB dd file upload worked. Will try more.

10GB is the file upload limit in theory. https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.transip.nl/vragen/748-upload-deel-verwijder-bestanden-stack/&edit-text=

gooliver said: Tip: You don't have to mount webdav as filesystem. You can also upload files from VPS cli (over Webdav) like this:

$ curl -v -u user:pass -T FILE.NAME https://username.stackstorage.com/remote.php/webdav/FILE.NAME

Problem: using above command files mostly get uploaded well, but when tested with big files (one was 3gb, second was 2gb) I experience 2 issues:

operation seems to never end (I aborted it after about 30 minutes) so I don't get bash prompt back. cURL verbose option didn't hint the reason.

Although operation never ends, sometime file gets actually uploaded (and sometime not) with the right file size.

I wonder what causes those issues. Let me know if you know more.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2015

GM2015 said: I wonder what causes those issues. Let me know if you know more.

Sounds like a timeout on the server, either web or db side.

edited December 2015

@wych said:
    Sounds like a timeout on the server, either web or db side.

Yea but read my edit. In my VPS speeds to Stack server a 3gb file upload should complete in 10 minutes - but despite that command kept running forever.

Anyway on timeouts curl should exit with some error IMO.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

this is fairly easy to see on window resource manager.

curl is doing 5,500,000bits/s upload(6.8MB/s) from online.net's black friday special. no guaranteed network bandwidth on this though.

looks like I can upload with 40Mbits/s-60Mbits/s on average.

gooliver said: Yea but read my edit. In my VPS speeds to Stack server a 3gb file upload should complete in 10 minutes - but despite that command kept running forever.

Anyway on timeouts curl should exit with some error IMO.

edited December 2015

Thanks @GM2015 let me know if you experience same issues with big files uploads as mine.

Just to complete the above example, here is the command line to DOWNLOAD from Stack to your system:

$ curl -u user:pass https://username.stackstorage.com/remote.php/webdav/FILE.NAME --output FILE.NAME

('output' flag is the name you want to give it on your system - doesn't have to be same as original)

This seems to work a bit slow but OK.

However I'm much more concerned about those upload issues I had, since I feel I can't fully trust their service with my backup cron/scripts if it work just "sometimes"...

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

I'm trying a 12GB dd file to see if I can upload large files.That g translate links talks about max 10GB via the web interface.

Yeah, it's free and is unreliable. Consider it as additional source of backups, not your primary lol.

Thanks for the curl options on upload.

gooliver said: Thanks GM2015 let me know if you experience same issues with big files uploads as mine.

Just to complete the above example, here is the command line to DOWNLOAD from Stack to your system:

$ curl -u user:pass https://username.stackstorage.com/remote.php/webdav/FILE.NAME --output FILE.NAME

('output' flag is the name you want to give it on your system - doesn't have to be same as original)

This seems to work a bit slow but OK. However I'm much more concerned about those upload issues I had, since I feel I can't fully trust their service with my backup cron/scripts if it work "sometimes"...

• I managed to upload a 12GB file fine but it took me some time.

gooliver said: However I'm much more concerned about those upload issues I had, since I feel I can't fully trust their service with my backup cron/scripts if it work just "sometimes"...

Thanked by 1gooliver
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    I managed to upload a 12GB file fine but it took me some time.

OK I I've tested again and tried to upload a 5gb file from 2 different VPSs. You're right, if I keep command running for VERY long time, upload will complete and command will exit normally. On one VPS it took 70 minutes and on the other it took 50 minutes. That's very slow but at least I'm happy to see command exiting normally.

Is it possible they throttle speed in the middle of big uploads? that's interesting because with files of up to 1gb all uploads were at 40mbps and I've never had such (apparently) changing speed problems.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I don't get the "no backup" feature on free plan.

The owncloud/stack purpose is all about data storage backup, right?

That means we should worry our data LOST? Or like their storage crash/corrupt

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

Nevermind. Still waiting...

edited December 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    Nevermind. Still waiting...

@Hidden_Refuge I can feel you bro I'm sure you'll get it soon.
    Somewhere on following thread people said invites got sent in small batches in random order (huge thread, can't remember exactly what page I saw it):
    https://translate.google.co.il/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1655576/10&prev=search

Looks like those batches got bigger now so you must get it soon

• I've got my activation code and it activated in few minutes.

Anyone knows how to change language?

• @TheKiller said:
    I've got my activation code and it activated in few minutes.

Anyone knows how to change language?

Read the damn thread? There is a little instruction here starting on page 2 and ending on page 3.

Even with a picture: http://i.imgur.com/4n3LAUR.png

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Got my code today, been able to register with a non-NL IP, had the thing validated in a few minutes.

Waiting was long but now that works :-) Not sure for how long they'll offer those though...

• Got mine too. I 've seen it says they take no backups of the data but I am guessing (hoping) they use some kinda of RAID right? Anyone can confirm / deny?

• Is the 1TB version of my data safe or not safe?
    Certainly! Our STACK platform running in a secure RAID arrangement causing no problems can cause a drive failure without affecting your data. However, if you manually delete a file (permanently) or terminate your STACK, then we have because of the high volume of data here for the free 1TB stacks itself no backups. In that case you are so lost your data, pay attention here so good when you delete files!

https://transip.nl/vragen/110000582-zijn-back-betaalde-stack-pakketten/

Thanked by 1Nihim
  • I'm able to max out my upload speed to stack (using owncloud client).

This discussion has been closed.