Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada KS4G Yearly Deal =119.00€ - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada KS4G Yearly Deal =119.00€

13»

Comments

• Fast setup after the VAT ticket cleared and payment sent.

All of my IP addresses, including the three failover ones don't seem to bring up any geolocation data lol. It's just blank/unmanaged.

• @herbyscrub - Yup, even at bgp.he.net, 192.95.x IPs are pretty bare information wise. I'm sure they'll be sorted as BHS grows, if it's not already in the works.

The US IPs are far away from the Canada ones, offering hope that they'll be properly geo-located soon.

Once VAT ticket is cleared, it's a cakewalk for ordering future services.

It's just the verification and VAT removal process that makes some give up.

• Now also available on the UK site for £99.99 plus VAT

• @abat I don't see it, please provide link.

• They also come with 3 free failover ip from either US or Canada :D.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2012

Failover IPs, the page where you add them says:

All additional IPs can not be used to host:

• shells or bouncers
    • P2P servers any activity violating the service agreement

The 2nd one is funny, why even mention that, as if the first IP can be used for "...any activity violating the service agreement."

Can't be used to host bouncers is a real limitation though, that'd be one of the first uses I'd have for additional IPv4s if I used them (I do just fine with IPv6 -- but not in BHS, they still didn't implement IPv6 rDNS in ManagerV5).

• I was too slow getting the IPs so I ended up with .81, .83 and .85

• Interested in this offer as well.
    Too bad my current mKS2G has a better CPU than this one (N2800 VS D425).
    But on the other hand, this one has twice as much RAM.
    However, what I am most interested in: Can I setup Soft RAID with this one?

Thanks!

• @Freek said: But on the other hand, this one has twice as much RAM.

However, what I am most interested in: Can I setup Soft RAID with this one?

It's a single 2TB hard drive, mine is Model=ST2000DM001-9YN164 with 3835 hours.

I'm also not sure how you would use up all 4GB of ram without killing the Atom processor. Any ideas?!

• @herbyscrub said: how you would use up all 4GB of ram without killing the Atom processor.

Disk cache?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited December 2012

@rds100 said: Disk cache?

Yeah, could make a nice 3GB ramdisk for torrenting/other IO intensive activity.

@luma said: These are the Alpha test servers I believe.

I don't think so, weren't the test servers I-3's with 16GB of ram?

• @herbyscrub said: It's a single 2TB hard drive, mine is Model=ST2000DM001-9YN164 with 3835 hours.

I'm also not sure how you would use up all 4GB of ram without killing the Atom processor. Any ideas?!

Thanks for the reply. What a bummer.
    How can I check the power on time of my HDD?

Sure, run a database intensive application and cache it ;) I currently maxed out my mKS2G.

• @nunim said: I don't think so, weren't the test servers I-3's with 16GB of ram?

That was the Beta servers. The Alpha servers are the ones in this yearly deal. (I had both)

• @nunim said: Yeah, could make a nice 3GB ramdisk for torrenting/other IO intensive activity.

o m g . total brainfart there. i can't believe i didn't think of that rofl!

• @nunim said: I don't think so, weren't the test servers I-3's with 16GB of ram?

i5

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2012

@Freek said: Thanks for the reply. What a bummer.

Seriously? "A bummer"? They give you a 2TB drive on a 9.91 EUR/mo server and you complain it's not two drives?

• @rm_ said: Seriously? "A bummer"? They give you a 2TB drive on a 9.91 EUR/mo server and you complain it's not two drives?

I didn't meant it negatively. I know it's big bang for the buck. Just would've been nice if it was :) Don't get me wrong ;)