Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada KS4G Yearly Deal =119.00€ - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada KS4G Yearly Deal =119.00€

Comments

• :) Confusing.

The tab on Location for this benchmark @Serverbear is filled with N/A values.

• KrisKris Member
    edited December 2012

192.95.x IP base, GeoIP location is probably confused.

It's proper OVH NA, I'd link to the BHS info site, but they've removed it and redirected to : http://www.ovh.com/us/index.xml

• Yeah it's in Canada, not too far from where I live. I get about 8 ms of ping, it's amazing :D. The network performance outside of Quebec is really bad, I get 120 ms to cachefly (which seems to be in chicago...) and the download speed is low...

One downside is that they say that it support vKVM but it's false, so I can't install from an ISO. I hate the OVH kernel and I don't understand how to change it.

• Interested in checking this out.

@dwild, any chance you have a pingable IP in their Canada datacenter?

• I hope some France based deal like this comes soon too!

• @pubcrawler said: @dwild, any chance you have a pingable IP in their Canada datacenter?

I want to avoid to give the IP of my server but I found one in the serverbear benchmark, I get the same result with it : 192.95.24.253

Envoi d'une requête 'Ping' 192.95.24.253 avec 32 octets de données :

Réponse de 192.95.24.253 : octets=32 temps=8 ms TTL=250
    Réponse de 192.95.24.253 : octets=32 temps=9 ms TTL=250

• 192.95.24.253 --

That IP looks good to me.

51ms from Dallas - OVH peers in Equinix there.

29ms from Kansas City - OVH peers in Chicago at Equinix.

31ms from Atlanta

20ms from Buffalo

74ms from San Jose

Looks great to me :)

Wondering if anyone on here is offering VPSes out of this facility?

• How do I order one of these from the US? Can I order with my kimsufi.ie account? Is the price 119.00€ total or are there taxes involved?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@tux said: No, it is legal.

It is, but they can remove the VAT, you're not in the EU

• @herbyscrub said: How do I order one of these from the US? Can I order with my kimsufi.ie account? Is the price 119.00€ total or are there taxes involved?

Sign up at OVH.com and create an account. Get your sk- number / verify it through a license, utility bill, etc - This will take care of verifying your account, as well as removing VAT.

Ordered and server delivered already, no VAT since my account had it removed. They don't adjust VAT at checkout, it's by account basis.

• N/A will normally show if MaxMind doesn't locate it properly. I can override it though before it goes live on the site.

• @Kris said: Sign up at OVH.com and create an account. Get your sk- number / verify it through a license, utility bill, etc - This will take care of verifying your account, as well as removing VAT.

Thank you sir!

• KrisKris Member
    edited December 2012

@herbyscrub said: Thank you sir!

PS: I've noticed if you throw English into a translator -> French (and tweak / improve it by translating it back and forth) during the verification / removing VAT process & tickets, you'll get a much faster response.

Did this with the payment processing e-mail and got a response / payment processed within an hour.

Just make sure to quote your sk-number, and attach a PDF / properly able to be seen JPG of documents requested.

Past this, it's a cakewalk.

Using the above, BHS Special server was up within 6 hours of ordering.

Also note, they do not amend your current invoice to remove VAT, once your account is VAT-less, you need to re-order the special to have a new invoice generated without VAT. Figured I'd save you another ticket, I had to clarify this.

• Does anyone have small test file from this location? I'd like to see what I can get on a single connection.

• Too bad they aren't doing N2800's in NA.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Looks like they're trying to get everything sold before 2013 servers.

• These are the Alpha test servers I believe.

They said they would throw them out after the alpha but I guess they decided to use them.

Great deal. I had my alpha server for quite some time and abused the crap out of it and that thing kept on going.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@luma We'll see, 32GB E3 offer is pretty nice.

• Did anyone notice that the offer includes up to 3 additional IP addresses which you can request via their Manager v5 control panel?
    You can even geolocate them in the US or Canada. I just ordered an additional U.S. IP address. While the top net prefix is registered in Canada, the delegated net prefix is registered in Newark/NJ. However, most geo-ip services have yet to pick up the proper location. Some say the IP is from Australia, others don't know the country at all.

And on another note: They don't offer their RTM real time monitoring capability in BHS at this time, just in case you were wondering.

And you may want to purge those authorized keys from your /root/.ssh

• How to add "Windows SPLA licence", i can not find it in managerv5

• @sieuvocmaytinh Open a ticket, specify the version of Windows and the license key. They'll add it manually.

• Bons Plans KIMSUFI same as kimsufi 2GB, it good and crazy price
    but i hate managerv5, managerv3 is better than

• @pechspilz said: Did anyone notice that the offer includes up to 3 additional IP addresses which you can request via their Manager v5 control panel?

Do you get charged for the IP?

• @herbyscrub said: Do you get charged for the IP?

No, they're free. This line from the page seems to indicate that there's not supposed to be a charge either:

• : Dans la llimite de 3 IP supplémentaires, sans frais.
  • @lbft said: @herbyscrub said: Do you get charged for the IP?

No, they're free. This line from the page seems to indicate that there's not supposed to be a charge either:

Dans la llimite de 3 IP supplémentaires, sans frais.

Correct, at first I wasn't able to add fail-overs from US / Canada from the Manager v5, but I emailed Billing (translated into French too) with a quick request to up my allotted failover IPs.

1 hour later, 3 were allowed - free of charge.

• canada bons plans have 3 additional IP without charge

my kimsufi 2G have 100GB FTP Backup free, but bons plans not.

how to view server traffic? it limit traffic 5TB/mo ?

• if they have no 'official' way to view bandwidth, just use vnstat.

• So good. Still waiting for them to take the VAT off so I can order one already.

• slow setup?

• @sieuvocmaytinh said: my kimsufi 2G have 100GB FTP Backup free, but bons plans not.

how to view server traffic? it limit traffic 5TB/mo ?

Use managerv5 to view server traffic graphs.

Click server hostname from managerv3 to access this interface. 5TB included over 100 Mbps.

I've noticed lately even my new KS 2G in France didn't come with FTP backup space included (Quota not set) - Plus it says 'Not activated on this service' in Manager v3.

Someone could ask, but I never bothered or needed the on-site FTP space that badly.