Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada KS4G Yearly Deal =119.00€
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada KS4G Yearly Deal =119.00€

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited December 2012 in General

Hot off LEB IRC...

Votre serveur Kimsufi en Amérique du Nord !

Processeur Intel Atom D425 1.8 GHz (512 Ko de cache)
Architecture 64 bits
NIC GigaEthernet
Mémoire vive 4 Go
Disque 2 To
119.00€ HT /An

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/bons_plans/index.xml

Comments

• oh god

I would get that if it was monthly :(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

And they will suspend you the first 2 weeks, bye-bye.

• Why can't u buy directly from OVH.ca?

• @Maounique said: And they will suspend you the first 2 weeks, bye-bye.

Stop trolling every thread on the website. Do you crave that much attention? Are you 12?

• @luma said: Stop trolling every thread on the website. Do you crave that much attention? Are you 12?

I told him to remove who he works for from his signature, let Uncle Sal take care of that

edited December 2012

@bamn said: I told him to remove who he works for from his signature, let Uncle Sal take care of that

Erm... I think you need to change glasses, my signature never stated I work for anyone. You can join the club of ppl that wish to kick me from Prometeus, however, making up stuff does not make you look good especially since I can prove so easily that I am not guilty of whatever you accuse me of.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2012

@Maounique said: Erm... I think you need to change glasses, my signature never stated I work for anyone. You can join the club of ppl that wish to kick me from Prometeus, however, making up stuff does not make you look good especially since I can prove so easily that I am not guilty of whatever you accuse me of.

You've been extremely helpful to me at Prometeus! No matter what people say, I can honestly say you're doing good things there.

@Maounique said: And they will suspend you the first 2 weeks, bye-bye.

Why would he/anyone get suspended in the first 2 weeks?

@bamn said: I told him to remove who he works for from his signature, let Uncle Sal take care of that

Why would he have to remove that from his sig?

edited December 2012

Thank you ! Lets hope ppl can separate jobs from opinions, there are many that have to hide their opinions for fear of not losing their jobs, I value more the freedom of speech than my food.

@mpkossen said: Why would he/anyone get suspended in the first 2 weeks?

OVH does suspensions for many things and sometimes it is one strike only. One DDoS and you are out, a DDoS is so cheap these days, for some 119 Eur is a lot of money, I just thought it is a good warning.
    Go with OVH yearly deals if you know them well before or 119 Eur does not mean anything for you. Otherwise try for a month at least. They are so big they couldnt care less for one customer. This is an honest opinion on-topic, but still ppl will attack me for my opinions even if I say it is raining outside :P

• TVA (19.6 %) 23,32 €

Is this only for European residents?

edited December 2012

It should be, otherwise it would be a mistake to charge it. I think even illegal.

• I don't know how to get rid of that. It's still there after I change my address to the US.

It might be because you had an EU one when signed up, might need to contact them to solve it and will also probably ask for some proof of residence in US.

• tuxtux Member
    edited December 2012

@Maounique said:

It should be, otherwise it would be a mistake to charge it. I think even illegal.

No, it is legal.

• another deal from them
    .eu just 0.99€ HT
    http://www.ovh.com/fr/domaines/doteu.xml

• AFAIK every .eu registrar gets a 0.99 EUR .eu deal for one month in a year.

• @darknessends said: Why can't u buy directly from OVH.ca?

It's a special edition ("Bons Plans") = a limited thing, once it's sold out it's sold out for good.

• any test ip from them?

• OVH does suspensions for many things and sometimes it is one strike only. One DDoS and you are out, a DDoS is so cheap these days, for some 119 Eur is a lot of money, I just thought it is a good warning.

Bullshit, sorry. Been at OVH for a long time, got dosed a few times too.

Sure, they nullrouted me, but had no issues limiting said null once it was over. I've had people spam, proxyscan, portscan. arp flood from my boxes in there, and I'm still here.

tl;dr: Don't be a douche and cause mass issues and you'll fare fine. What they seem to care about is you terminating whoever caused the issue, nothing more, nothing less.

• @Wintereise said: tl;dr: Don't be a douche and cause mass issues and you'll fare fine. What they seem to care about is you terminating whoever caused the issue, nothing more, nothing less.

Funny how all the OVH "issues" come from folks who advertise on HF, WJunction, DP for their OVH services from what I have personally witnessed.

• @Wintereise said: Sure, they nullrouted me, but had no issues limiting said null once it was over. I've had people spam, proxyscan, portscan. arp flood from my boxes in there, and I'm still here.

100% agreed, if anything they were actually nice about everything while we were getting DDoSed and at no point made us feel like it was our fault, they were way better than most other companies in that regard.

I seriously recommend OVH, those guys know what they're doing. I have no idea how people are complaining about DDoS experiences with OVH, they're seriously good with handling those.

• Cheap but Atom :)

• fanfan Veteran

Better than the ordinary mKS but yearly billing......

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

OVH aren't going to go bankrupt or anything, so it's one provider with whom I could consider going yearly. Now, if only this was in FR...

• fanfan Veteran

@rm_ said: if only this was in FR...

Same here, I don't know why but BHS is in fact slower for me than France. I think there will be other special deals from them, these are probably used servers of older kimsufi plans.

• ServerBear benchmark if anybody's interested: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2012/12/15/m6T2V1Cs9xWcGtRN

edited December 2012

@Syed said: 100% agreed, if anything they were actually nice about everything while we were getting DDoSed

Maybe it depends on the country you are from, I know 4 customers of ovh from romania, 3 had DDoS, only one survived the first attack.
    Sure, an american which has a big plan probably has more chances, a 3rd world country citizen, if accepted and agrees to go through all those IDs and address verification, with a cheap service, wont have much chances to remain a customer after the first attack.
    And, while for an american 119 Eur is nothing, for ppl which have issues eating, that is the money to survive for a month or maybe more.
    My warning was not for Japanese/americans/uk ppl that buy those just for fun, I was warning the ppl that depend on such a deal for their business and income and for which 119 Eur really matter.
    This forum is not made only from rich guys, it is easy to look down on ppl from there, but doesnt help the poor guy that "falls between the cracks".
    So, if that money is important for you, make sure that:
    1. Try it first for a month and
    2. ask sales what is the policy. They will not kick you after the first DDoS or what they think was a DDoS if they said before they wont.

• KrisKris Member
    edited December 2012

@lbft said: ServerBear benchmark if anybody's interested: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2012/12/15/m6T2V1Cs9xWcGtRN

Scheisse, beat me to it!

Regardless:

[root@ ~]# sh bench.sh -O bash
    CPU model : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D425 @ 1.80GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 1800.182 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 3932 MB
    Total amount of swap : 9510 MB
    System uptime : 8 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 6.00MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta GA: 7.26MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.96MB/s
    Download speed from Peer1, Toronto, CA: 7.69MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 8.36MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.46MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.28MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.83MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 7.94MB/s
    I/O speed : 102 MB/s

For 10 euros per month ($13.15) for a dedicated server in NA, not bad at all :)

Granted, it will be used for backups for my BuyVM production server, it's still a brilliant little backup / DNS machine at a great price.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited December 2012

Is this a France-only location offer?

Arrgh! See Canada in the title.

Someone have one of these already?

• @ServerBear, can you update the location info on this offer in your testing data to reflect Canada?

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2012/12/15/m6T2V1Cs9xWcGtRN

• This is Canada-only location offer.

BHS is the North America data center name of the OVH data center.