Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'An apology for keyboard rage; Garrison Host and me' - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

'An apology for keyboard rage; Garrison Host and me'

13»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Just ban this fucking idiot already, time and again he is proving himself a danger to everyone and everything he touches.

• What is the price for GarrisonHost IP lease?

• LowEndAsylum. #tooSoon?

Thanked by 1singsing
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    mikho

Yes?

@elgs said:
    What is the price for GarrisonHost IP lease?

If you had read the thread you would have noticed that John mentioned it was on their website.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@john You should file a report against this Shit in FraudRecord with the details, so that other providers can be sure what he did & they don't provide him any service.

I would not pay a heed to a customer who is not replying to abuse tickets. They should have been treated more badly rather than you did. Kudos to you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

mikho said: If you had read the thread you would have noticed that John mentioned it was on their website.

Maybe I'm blind, but I'm unable to find the prices in both ssdvirt / garrissonhost website. :P

• @MrGeneral said:
    Maybe I'm blind, but I'm unable to find the prices in both ssdvirt / garrissonhost website. :P

https://my.garrisonhost.com/cart.php?gid=7

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Regarding change of topic, this is my take on it.

The topic reflects the opinion of the OP, if I change it to "look less harmful", does that change the opinion of the OP?
    I've read the thread and I know that @jmckeag12 responded later on that he felt bad about his reactions.
    It might be my English as second language barrier that doesn't pick up if he chsnged his mind about GarrisonHost or if he is just sorry for how he acted towards them (John).

I hope that you all can understand why I won't change the topic unless asked by the OP.

I'm not here to protect providers from their customers or the other way around. My main objective is to see that you all behave on this forum.

From what I've fead, the issue is resolved because the user hands over the IP range to someone else and then leaves the provider. Does that change his mind about the provider? Will he begin to recommend the provider among his friends after this? Probably not.

Back to the question at hand, if OP wants me to change the topic, feel free to contact me.

Thanked by 1sambling
  • @mikho said:
    Regarding change of topic, this is my take on it.

The topic reflects the opinion of the OP, if I change it to "look less harmful", does that change the opinion of the OP?
    I've read the thread and I know that jmckeag12 responded later on that he felt bad about his reactions.
    It might be my English as second language barrier that doesn't pick up if he chsnged his mind about GarrisonHost or if he is just sorry for how he acted towards them (John).

I hope that you all can understand why I won't change the topic unless asked by the OP.

I'm not here to protect providers from their customers or the other way around. My main objective is to see that you all behave on this forum.

From what I've fead, the issue is resolved because the user hands over the IP range to someone else and then leaves the provider. Does that change his mind about the provider? Will he begin to recommend the provider among his friends after this? Probably not.

Back to the question at hand, if OP wants me to change the topic, feel free to contact me.

The issue is that the OP lied on all accounts, and very verbally abused the provider using this forum's PM system: http://prntscr.com/8ul55d

Thanked by 1Aga
  • @john do you offer blocks smaller than 24?

• @CFarence said:
    john do you offer blocks smaller than 24?

You cannot announce blocks smaller than /24.

Thanked by 1CFarence
  • @0xdragon said:
    You cannot announce blocks smaller than /24.

Well crap :(

• @CFarence said:
    Well crap :(

I know, I'm upset about it too :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CFarence said: @john do you offer blocks smaller than 24?

We don't lease IP space, but we have got around this for some customers by a few getting together to lease /24, we'll announce the full /24 and then split it onto multiple VLANs delivering part to one server and the other part to another

• @jmckeag12 said:
    I apologized for my actions. I suffer from depression.

That doesn't really give you any reasons to abuse people like you have :)

Thanked by 2netomx offline
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2015

And this would all have been avoided if a different approach was taken to spam. I don't honestly think blocking ips on a blacklist is the best way to fix spam on the internet even though its considered 'effective' by many. Trying not to derail so let me get back on topic.

I cant understand the reaction by the op via pm but one would assume it might habe fristrated him. Wondering if he should just get rid of this customer thats causing the problem

On the other hand, customers come to hosting companies a lot of the time because they cant do it themselves. The hosting company only has limited control over spam other than kicking a customer.

Therefore I see limitation with how this all works. We really need to either change spam protocol or create some sort of email v2 for the internet.

• Title change should be made i think

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@0xdragon said:
    The issue is that the OP lied on all accounts, and very verbally abused the provider using this forum's PM system: http://prntscr.com/8ul55d

+1 here. @mikho I think this should be looked into if you have a moment.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

Again as previously said I am sorry for my actions. Usually when I wake up I take time to relax. How ever I had to begin resolving the abuse complaint. So I got annoyed and took it out on GarrisonHost.

I try to learn from my mistakes. and I will try to avoid a similar situation from happening in the future.

GarrisonHost offers a great service and has never revoked the IPs. so that is all that counts. I know several other people who announce IPs to the same ASN I'm using and they all have had no issues either.

I have asked for the Title to be Adjusted.

• "Sin comentarios"

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jmckeag12 would you go away ?

Removed Not from the title.
    Sorry, don't have time to be more creative at this moment.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2015

mikho said: Removed Not from the title. Sorry, don't have time to be more creative at this moment.

'An apology for keyboard rage; Garrison Host and me'

• sinsin Member

Nekki said: 'An apology for keyboard rage; Garrison Host and me'

Sounds like some kind of biography book title

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sin said: Sounds like some kind of biography book title

It should do, I'm a biographer IRL.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • namhuynamhuy Member
    edited October 2015

too much rage; to be honest, no offense I would not feel safe if i live close by op (sociopath) nor doing any business with him...

• namhuy said: I would not feel safe if i live close by op (sociopath)

Oh come on, that's ridiculous, you can't reasonably reach that conclusion just based on OP hurling insults through PMs on a forum (as inappropriate as that is).

• AgaAga Member

singsing said: Oh come on, that's ridiculous, you can't reasonably reach that conclusion just based on OP hurling insults

Unless he doesn't know what sociopath really means

Thanked by 1netomx

Threads over. Say good night.

Thanked by 1wych
This discussion has been closed.