Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'An apology for keyboard rage; Garrison Host and me'
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

'An apology for keyboard rage; Garrison Host and me'

NexHostNexHost Member
edited October 2015 in Reviews

I have been using GarrisonHost to lease a /24 for the past 9-12 months. During this time any abuse where my mail servers have been down. Is resulting in Harassment from John on LET via PM every single time.

The prefix I have with them the source of abuse isn't even from myself it's from another client who is sharing the same /24 I check sender base on a regular basis to see if there is any SPAM Related Complaints. Once there was a SPAM Outbreak the amount of shit I got from this. Yet the amount of abuse complaints this prefix gets during this entire time I have rented the block is fairly low and I always check for abuse via Seniderbase everyday and there is never a listing or warning.

What because they sent me a abuse complaint less then 24 hours it gives them a right to Harass me and this is my FINAL WARNING FOR WHAT GARRISONHOST?

https://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?search_string=104.255.227.0/24

The IP in question here is the issue or complaint that they feel the need to harass me about.

Host Group Last Checked Last Change DNS Current Status
 104.255.227.243 GNS-3 2015-10-20 1:22 am 2015-10-18 1:24 am rdns.snakenet.us           b.barracudacentral.org - 127.0.0.2
 dnsbl.justspam.org - IP 104.255.227.243 is sending justspam.org. More Information        available at http://www.justspam.org/check/?ip=104.255.227.243

ubl.unsubscore.com - Visit http://blacklist.lashback.com for more information
104.255.227.154 GNS-3 2015-10-20 1:18 am 2015-10-18 1:20 am rdns.snakenet.us cbl.abuseat.org - Blocked - see http://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=104.255.227.154
zen.spamhaus.org - http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=104.255.227.154
104.255.227.95 GNS-3 2015-10-20 1:25 am 2015-9-27 7:24 pm rdns.snakenet.us dnsbl.justspam.org - IP 104.255.227.95 is sending justspam.org. More Information available at http://www.justspam.org/check/?ip=104.255.227.95
104.255.227.66 GNS-3 2015-10-20 1:24 am 2015-9-27 7:23 pm rdns.snakenet.us b.barracudacentral.org - 127.0.0.2

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Are you still with them?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Are you still with them?

Yes and I wish I was not...

Anyone reading this look elsewhere GarrrisonHost is a utter joke.

• johnjohn Member
    edited October 2015

We require all abuse reports be addressed and handled. Once addressed, a response is required. This is pretty standard.

As a courtesy, when our abuse reports were not responded to, I attempted to reach out to Jordan via PM and their client website. If the abuse report is not responded to, the service will be suspended. This is simply a courtesy. There have been multiple instances in the past where Jordan did not check the email for abuse reports or provided a nonworking email.

" Harassment from John on LET via PM every single time."
    Asking you to check your email via PM is not harassment. I am in no way required to ask you to check your email. You are required to provide a email account on file with us that is monitored.

" it's from another client who is sharing the same /24"
    All I can see is that you are renting 104.255.227.0/24. What other client or /24 are you talking about? Are you not using 104.255.227.0/24? Do you not control said block?

All we're asking is for a response and the abuse reports to be addressed. SenderBase does not list all blacklists, but I do believe CBL is listed. The IP that has a CBL listing is a recurring listing that we have asked you multiple times to fix.

Thanked by 2Mridul Licensecart
  • john said: All we're asking is for a response and the abuse reports to be addressed. SenderBase does not list all blacklists, but I do believe CBL is listed. The IP that has a CBL listing is a recurring listing that we have asked you multiple times to fix.

Yes via a ticket that I have only just seen this minute. So again you come to LET to Harass me...

As the title states do not choose GarrisonHost they are a utter and complete Joke.

• johnjohn Member
    edited October 2015

jmckeag12 said: Yes via a ticket that I have only just seen this minute. So again you come to LET to Harass me...

As the title states do not choose GarrisonHost they are a utter and complete Joke.

The ticket was sent out on 10/20/2015. Previous contact with you about abuse that was not responded to was on 10/7/2015. PMing you via LET has never been our first contact with you. It is always a last resort to elicit a response for abuse reports, as the alternative is suspension/termination for no response.

As you have made your point clear that my best intentions do not align with you, I am willing to provide you a prorated refund for your remaining term, despite abuse issues. Please send in a billing ticket and I'll get it processed for you.

• @john said:
    As you have made your point clear that my best intentions do not align with you, I am willing to provide you a prorated refund for your remaining term, despite abuse issues. Please send in a billing ticket and I'll get it processed for you.

I hope someone gets one of your IP Blocks and completely spams it up. because that is not what has happened here during the last 12 months. and I have stated to you that I am transferring this block. Do what ever you like then you have to answer to other people.

Is this because the pricing is too cheap John and you want to get rid of me,

• johnjohn Member
    edited October 2015

jmckeag12 said: I hope someone gets one of your IP Blocks and completely spams it up. because that is not what has happened here during the last 12 months. and I have stated to you that I am transferring this block. Do what ever you like then you have to answer to other people.

Is this because the pricing is too cheap John and you want to get rid of me,

May I post the PM I sent you and your subsequent response?

Thank you for your threat. Your pricing is our default pricing. It's not too cheap as that's the current price on our website.

You've made yourself clear. I would like to help resolve this issue by providing you a prorated refund.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@john said:

Sure go ahead I was raging at you because your a moron. I cannot wait to transfer this block too another client. First thing I want to do when I wake up is see your stupid ass contacting me via LET.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Sure go ahead I was raging at you because your a moron. I cannot wait to transfer this block too another client. First thing I want to do when I wake up is see your stupid ass contacting me via LET.

Thank you: http://prntscr.com/8ul55d

• @john said:

And your still a prick and a moron. anyone who values their clients staying online will look elsewhere.

• Uhh, yeah, so we rent IPs from a number of sources. GarrisonHost is one of them. One of the blocks with them got SBL'd for snowshoe spamming. Their ticket went to my spam folder and then John went out of his way to open a ticket with us a few days later to see what was going on. I promptly terminated the spammer and I was pretty impressed (and appreciative) with the way GarrisonHost handled it.

• @Steven_F said:
    Uhh, yeah, so we rent IPs from a number of sources. GarrisonHost is one of them. One of the blocks with them got SBL'd for snowshoe spamming. Their ticket went to my spam folder and then John went out of his way to open a ticket with us a few days later to see what was going on. I promptly terminated the spammer and I was pretty impressed (and appreciative) with the way GarrisonHost handled it.

I don't because it's pure harassment. they act at times as if I'm one of these spammers. and that is so annoying.

• samblingsambling Member
    edited October 2015

Who is sending the spam on the range?

• @jmckeag12 said:

Okay, so, next time let them revoke your IP space, because YOUR RANGE GOT LISTED and YOU DIDN'T REPLY. Instead of lambasting them for going above and beyond what they had to, why don't you grow up and appreciate that John took time out of his day to track you down instead of just revoking your IP space?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@Steven_F said:
    Okay, so, next time let them revoke your IP space, because YOUR RANGE GOT LISTED and YOU DIDN'T REPLY. Instead of lambasting them for going above and beyond what they had to, why don't you grow up and appreciate that John took time out of his day to track you down instead of just revoking your IP space?

I got the range listed for what?

1, SBL 
     2, Issues with the PTR

I am done with GarrisonHost this block is being transferred to someone else Tonight or is being deannounced from the Network. GarrisonHost are morons and again anyone wanting to risk their operation by using these scum bags go ahead. but I am not being harassed or made out to feel as if I'm a criminal of some sort.

• "IP Address 104.255.227.154 is listed in the CBL. It shows signs of being infected with a spam sending trojan, malicious link or some other form of botnet."

• @jmckeag12 said:
    Sure go ahead I was raging at you because your a moron.

*You're

Oh the irony...

• Wow... OP's butthurt so darn hard. @john stays quite cool - nice job though. No matter how a client treats you, never get mad and fire back. Just stay cool and professional.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    Wow... OP's butthurt so darn hard. john stays quite cool - nice job though. No matter how a client treats you, never get mad and fire back. Just stay cool and professional.

About what?

I don't like GarrisonHost have no intention in continuing to use them. I have a ticket at the moment that has been open for the past week waiting for confirmation of the account email the block is being transferred to.

• johnjohn Member
    edited October 2015

jmckeag12 said: I don't like GarrisonHost have no intention in continuing to use them. I have a ticket at the moment that has been open for the past week waiting for confirmation of the account email the block is being transferred to.

I want to resolve the issue but please do not distort the truth. The ticket you sent in was responded to within an hour. You never responded back on how you wanted to proceed.

I've realized that you don't intend to keep using us; I am offering to provide you a prorated refund.

Thanked by 2netomx Licensecart
  • These types of issues and more is why companies should not offer IPv4 leasing and instead advocate adoption of IPv6. It is highly risky to lease IPv4 as the lessee can cause irreparable damage to the IPv4 block's overall reputation, and ultimately it is on the lessor as it was their decision to engage in such a high risk transaction.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

john said: I want to resolve the issue but please do not distort the truth. The ticket you sent in was responded to within an hour. You never responded back on how you wanted to proceed.

I've realized that you don't intend to keep using us; I am offering to provide you a prorated refund.

You got what I was saying wrong.

I don't want to keep the block. I sent in a Ticket #385101 stating I want to transfer the block. to a different billing account. And I am going to update that ticket with the email I want it transferred to. It will be routed to the same Network how ever I don't want any association with GarrisonHost.

• @jmckeag12 we all understand your are annoyed by GarrisonHost you are not happy with them but don't go guns blazing on LET

And @john offered you prorated refund and his /24 blocks reputation is lost he has loss
    in every angle i can think of

so ok @jmckeag12 give the man a break

just my thoughts

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

simonindia said: And @john offered you prorated refund and his /24 blocks reputation is lost he has loss in every angle i can think of

The amount of blacklists on the block is low. and if I ever see one I'm the first to try and get it removed. But when you have allocated most of the block spam out breaks do happen. and I always try to resolve the issue. the block I'd consider clean after using it for 9 months.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@john said:

Holy flerking shnit.

Francisco

• @jmckeag12 said:
    The amount of blacklists on the block is low. and if I ever see one I'm the first to try and get it removed. But when you have allocated most of the block spam out breaks do happen. and I always try to resolve the issue. the block I'd consider clean after using it for 9 months.

Yeah i do see that but what i'm saying is don't have to like this just calm down he is cool as ICE handling very smoothly when other read it they will see the rage

Not about who is right or wrong

• @simonindia said:
    Not about who is right or wrong

I know and that is why I gave permission for GarrisonHost to post when I flipped out at them. Yes it was wrong and I apologize. I have been wanting to move the service to someone else for a while now. I have just had enough.

• @jmckeag12 said:
    I know and that is why I gave permission for GarrisonHost to post when I flipped out at them. Yes it was wrong and I apologize. I have been wanting to move the service to someone else for a while now. I have just had enough.

Probably not the best thing to have in the public domain if your looking at finding someone else to lease you IPv4... Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but having that as an example won't help you.

Thanked by 2Aga teknolaiz
  • @jmckeag12 said:

Great man i just have to say that thanks for understanding

Have a great day

PM this members for new /24 lease

@AlexanderM @SkylarM @INIZ @ItsChrisG @Patrick @VortexChris @concerto49 @XeepiHosting_Joe @William @rauppe31 @clamhost

This discussion has been closed.